Low GPA + Low OAT

preopt2019

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are my chances of getting accepted into ICO? My interview is next week!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I interview with ICO next week and have similar stats, did you already interview with them? If you could DM me that would be great! Thanks and goodluck :)
Hi! How did your interview go and did you end up getting accepted?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’d say relatively good. There’s 1.1 applicants for one seat. If you don’t get in this year next year another school will open, So don’t get discouraged.
Can you tell me where the 1.1 figure came from? In 2018 the acceptance rate was 74%.

Can you tell me where the 1.1 figure came from? In 2018 the acceptance rate was 74%.
Yea I don't think it's correct. And if it is correct, that means that almost everyone who applies gets in and our field is in serious trouble lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea I don't think it's correct. And if it is correct, that means that almost everyone who applies gets in and our field is in serious trouble lol.

Wouldn't that just mean that the school's reputation is going to matter?

I mean...it kinda does exist, to some extent.

Wouldn't that just mean that the school's reputation is going to matter?

I mean...it kinda does exist, to some extent.
This is saying that almost everyone who applies to optometry school is accepted and that's just not the case. They usually have about 2500 applications for all schools, and accept about 1800.

This is saying that almost everyone who applies to optometry school is accepted and that's just not the case. They usually have about 2500 applications for all schools, and accept about 1800.

True. I even hear about a few waitlists for the newer optometry schools as well.

Wow though. 2500 applicants aren't a lot for the whole career. Then again, there aren't many optometry schools in existance.

I'll be going to Western U Optometry!
Congrats! I'm going to be applying to Western U this cycle and feel a bit nervous about my OAT (it's in 2 days). MY GPA is alright (roughly a 3.4/3.5 with an upward trend, although my science GPA might be more of a 3.1) but I feel like my OAT score might be around a 310. Do you think my chances at Western U are high?

Congrats! I'm going to be applying to Western U this cycle and feel a bit nervous about my OAT (it's in 2 days). MY GPA is alright (roughly a 3.4/3.5 with an upward trend, although my science GPA might be more of a 3.1) but I feel like my OAT score might be around a 310. Do you think my chances at Western U are high?
Hey! I think you have a good chance of getting in! Its best to apply and hear back from them about anything in your app that might be lacking. Just from your stats alone I think you are on the right track! my gpa was a 3.3 and sgpa was 3.0, OAT 310/280. Goodluck!