Low GPA High MCAT decent ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldoctor19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
f

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a 70+ LizzyM score with a super high upward trend and a first author publication.

Your BCPM is a bit worrisome, but I think you are a good contender for most mid to low tier schools. Aiming for your state schools is probably your best bet. I think there is no reason you shouldn't be able to land at least 1 acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also graduated from WUSTL, and I know that WUSTL med is a longgg shot, but do you think there is any chance? Should I bother applying? My research mentor is a med school faculty member and I know she will write a glowing recommendation letter, if that means anything at all.

Don't worry, I'm not banking on WUSTL at all. I am probably going to apply to 9 mid/low tier schools, but I wanted at least 1 dream school.

and I don't mean to be a pain but I also have a reference letter from a WUSTL doctor. One that I shadowed for about .5 years.

Last edited:
Yeah, you can apply there if you want, but your cGPA/sGPA are terribly low compared to their medians. But if it is your dream school, you may as well apply, you never know. But just based on the stats, you should likely expect a rejection considering that their 10th percentile cGPA/sGPA are 3.69/3.63 respectively.