Low GPA.. Do I have to do a Masters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hii_world

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
what are your DAT scores, you may not even have to do a masters

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 3.0 and have an interview next week. If you can score a high DAT score, it maybe possible along with a strong application. (good essays, recommendations, volunteering, shadowing, etc)

Really dude?
AA: 23

What's with the "really dude?"? If you ask what your chances are to get in with a low GPA, then of course your DAT scores become an essential part of determining that.

And yes, you can get in without a Master's with that academic average.

I haven't taken them yet o_O I wanted to study as much as possible before taking them. Is 200 hours of shadowing enough with volunteer work and a high GPA to compensate for my low GPA?

I haven't taken them yet o_O I wanted to study as much as possible before taking them. Is 200 hours of shadowing enough with volunteer work and a high GPA to compensate for my low GPA?

I see. Well, yes, you should study as hard as possible for the DAT. Based on the statistics I've seen, DAT scores are more important to gaining admission than GPA, but I would still choose to be in a position of having a 3.5 GPA and a 16 A.A. then a 2.8 GPA and a 22 A.A. because it takes so much more effort to raise your GPA even a little.

I see. Well, yes, you should study as hard as possible for the DAT. Based on the statistics I've seen, DAT scores are more important to gaining admission than GPA, but I would still choose to be in a position of having a 3.5 GPA and a 16 A.A. then a 2.8 GPA and a 22 A.A. because it takes so much more effort to raise your GPA even a little.
I completely agree. ughhhhh so much stress! Hopefully I can do really well on my DAT!

Reactions: 1 user
Post bacc plus a Masters and strong ECs can definitely show your commitment. Don't give up!