Lor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joeeey

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is there a very good web site for samples of Letter of recommendations?? please help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:oops:

Thanks in advance guys :luck: +pity+

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you need a sample LOR? The letter writer has probably done them before and you're supposed to waive your right to see it anyway.

the reason i asked is cause i need to see what is a good letter verses bad, i have bunch of letters of recommendations. i need to send them to ERAS but they all sound the samilar. If i knew what was considered to be best verses ok and what kind of letters are directors most intersted in. I wanted to compare my letters with most of the letters that are given to others so i will know,,, it would be just easir for me pick a few. To me all of my LOR sound wonderful..... do you what i mean?? i just wanted to compare mine with other peoples that is all..
pls reply

thank you

:luck:

why don't you meet with the PD in whatever speciality your interested in at your school and have them compare them...will probably get better input than anyone here

I'm still confused because I thought we were supposed to waive the right to see the letters.

fourthyearmed said:
I'm still confused because I thought we were supposed to waive the right to see the letters.

Well, ideally you should waive the right, however, the OP has obviously already read all his letters :cool:

If you waive your right to see the letter, I think the letter writer can still show it to you if he/she wants to. I think that by waiving the right, you are just saying that you will not ask to see it. Still, I don't think too many people see their letters.

I think it might be possible (depending on your school) to waive your rights, and still have a session with a dean in which they review your letters and help you decide which represent you best.

THanks everyone for your help, i guess i have to figure this one out myslef :( well all the letters i have gotten are from my senior doctors who know me well, i asked for letters and they just all gave it to me. THis is way before even applying for the match. I will have to submit my letters to ERAS.

Thanks once again,

you guys are the best :thumbup: :luck:

Try sample letters on monster.com and other job search sites- obviously not exactly medicine, but will give you an idea.

If you put "letter of rec sample" or variations into google you get some great stuff- usually examples of effective language and of kiss of death letters.

The question that's often debated- more personalized letter vs. letter from famous MD- is probably better answered by your advisors or people in a specific field.