LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dextroam11

Reaction score
If I apply to 20 programs, does my preceptor needs to fill out 20 questionnaire things beside writing a letter? If that's the case, do letter writers get annoyed if you apply many programs?

Also, for PhorCAS extracurricular activities, they do not have drop-down menu for any teaching experiences. Should I list them under leadership experiences? (I did TA for several courses, and also organized some tutoring/teaching sessions)

Lastly, If you worked once a month (8 hours), would you put that as you worked approximately 2hours/week?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you assign them LOR, so you could just assign one "generic" one and they only have to do it once. I had LOR writers insist that they wanted individual ones, though, so they could put specific information about the program. it doesn't hurt to ask what their preference is. I typically would send them a list of where I was applying and what about those programs interested me.

worth noting though, I'd strongly recommend against applying to 20 programs....that is SO many.