LOR from limited exposure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scully

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my Radiology core rotation at a different school (better than mine) and got a really good evaluation from the course director, who also happens to be the dept. chair. All he saw of my performance was a few lectures where I asked some questions, and a presentation, which was the basis of our grade.

Since I won't be taking much radiology beyond this (I will be applying next summer), should I ask him for a letter of rec? I don't feel like he had too much exposure to me, and am not sure how he could write a full letter, but he did have nice things to say.

I hope this isn't a stupid question-- I haven't got any letters of rec yet, and this is still pretty foreign to me. Thank you to anyone who can provide some advice!

Members don't see this ad.

scully said:
I just took my Radiology core rotation at a different school (better than mine) and got a really good evaluation from the course director, who also happens to be the dept. chair. All he saw of my performance was a few lectures where I asked some questions, and a presentation, which was the basis of our grade.

Since I won't be taking much radiology beyond this (I will be applying next summer), should I ask him for a letter of rec? I don't feel like he had too much exposure to me, and am not sure how he could write a full letter, but he did have nice things to say.

I hope this isn't a stupid question-- I haven't got any letters of rec yet, and this is still pretty foreign to me. Thank you to anyone who can provide some advice!

i'd ask the chairperson for a letter, and i'd ask ASAP before the person starts to forget your strong performance.
you will have the option later when you apply on ERAS to choose which letters you want sent. you can decide later if you want to use the person's letter or not.