Looking for CA-1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Vilo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently, I am a PGY-2 in General surgery in a very prestigious program. I realized, general surgery is not for me anymore. I would like to switch into anesthesia. Unfortunately, I did not apply for the last match. Step 1 and 2 are average, 216 and 221 respectively, but I do have research in anesthesia and poster presentation at the American Society of Anesthesiology. Step 3 already passed. I am a very hard worker. I can get very good letters of recommendation from my current program director and anesthesia faculty from my previous SICU rotations. The only thing I need to know is which program might have a vacancy, so I can tell my program director to give them a phone call on my behalf.

I appreciate any assistance!

Members don't see this ad.

Anesthesiology CA-1 position at Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia. Immediate start date. Contact [email protected]

Hello everybody!

I have not found any CA-1 position yet. I finished 2 years of General Surgery in a very prestigious program. I came back to my native country where I am still working as a rural medical doctor. After all the effort that I have made I can not believe I can not continue with my training in US. If anybody out there knows about any positions please let me know. Extremely hard worker! Thanks