Loma Linda University 2010-2011 Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmAim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I couldn't find a thread for pre-pharmacy, I decided to make a new one. I am applying to this school and have already recieved my supplemental invitation. My question is regarding the length of essay questions, there is no characters limit, but how long should I keep it? Anybody who is currently attending LLU or applying this cycle, could you please give some feedback?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Since I couldn't find a thread for pre-pharmacy, I decided to make a new one. I am applying to this school and have already recieved my supplemental invitation. My question is regarding the length of essay questions, there is no characters limit, but how long should I keep it? Anybody who is currently attending LLU or applying this cycle, could you please give some feedback?

Thanks

When did you submit your PharmCAS app? I still haven't received anything from LLU. What questions are on the supplemental?

Thanks

When did you submit your PharmCAS app? I still haven't received anything from LLU. What questions are on the supplemental?

Thanks

My PharmCAS was mailed on 8/30 and next day I recieved supp invitation from LLU...About questions...there are 9 essays with few yes/no kind

Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend answering everything the question asks without rambling. Avoid anything you mention in depth during your personal statement, as it might be redundant. There isn't a right or wrong way to go about it.

i sent my pharmcas on 9/7...never received anything from llu..does any1 else receive/waiting for theres?

i sent my pharmcas on 9/7...never received anything from llu..does any1 else receive/waiting for theres?

I got an e-mail from LLU 2 days after PharmCAS mailed my application.

Has anyone finished their supplemental for LLU? I just received an email yesterday that they finished their initial review of my app and will contact me if chosen for an interview. Did anyone get the same email?

I recieved my interview invitation today :soexcited:...just wondering if anybody else got interview invite????

I recieved my interview invitation today :soexcited:...just wondering if anybody else got interview invite????

Congrats!!! :) Looks like you're the first here that got one! When did you submit your supp app?

Congrats!!! :) Looks like you're the first here that got one! When did you submit your supp app?

Thanks AMG CYN...I submitted my supplemental in mid of September....I am not sure if they just started sending out interview invites since not many people on sdn are applying to this school

Members don't see this ad :)
Does one really need a science professor letter of recommendation? In the pharmcas school information page it just said "recommended" for professors. I sent one from a speech professor, one from a pharmacist and another from a priest. Would that be enough? =/ This whole process is just nerve-wracking.

Does one really need a science professor letter of recommendation? In the pharmcas school information page it just said "recommended" for professors. I sent one from a speech professor, one from a pharmacist and another from a priest. Would that be enough? =/ This whole process is just nerve-wracking.

I am sure they prefer 1st recommendation from a science professor and an additional from a math professor....you should check this with LLU

How did your interview go? Did they ask anything religion related? How's the writing? Did you get accepted yet? Thank you!

My interview was good...they just asked general questions like why LLU and why pharmacy..not even a single question about religion...about writing it was very straight forward, so don't even worry about writing part just concentrate on the interview...I am still waiting to hear from them :xf:

Good luck PharmAim! I'm having an interview at this school on Nov 23. excited and nervous! :)

I just had my interview yesterday it was not bad at all!!!

Anyone hears anything back from LLU yet? My interview was just last week but I feel like I've been waiting for the result since forever. Kristy said it may take them up to Jan to have the results because of the holidays but I hope it won't take that long. I'm so anxious, keeping my finger crossed :xf:

Anyone hears anything back from LLU yet? My interview was just last week but I feel like I've been waiting for the result since forever. Kristy said it may take them up to Jan to have the results because of the holidays but I hope it won't take that long. I'm so anxious, keeping my finger crossed :xf:

How did your interview go? this waiting is killing me too...I was told that the admissions will get back to us before Christmas break...and now its January :confused:

How did your interview go? this waiting is killing me too...I was told that the admissions will get back to us before Christmas break...and now its January :confused:

It went well, very short and relax (~30 min each). The other students on that day said the same thing so I assume everyone did well. From what I see in the previous years, they tend to send out acceptance letters very quickly to the ones they like the most (the next day or week after the interview) and it doesn't have to be in the timing order of the interview. One can have an interview later but get accepted before the others. Don't really know how it works this year. The admission people told our group that their interviews this year started mid October and they did send out a few acceptance letters already.

It went well, very short and relax (~30 min each). The other students on that day said the same thing so I assume everyone did well. From what I see in the previous years, they tend to send out acceptance letters very quickly to the ones they like the most (the next day or week after the interview) and it doesn't have to be in the timing order of the interview. One can have an interview later but get accepted before the others. Don't really know how it works this year. The admission people told our group that their interviews this year started mid October and they did send out a few acceptance letters already.

Are they going to call or send out snail mail for acceptance? From last year posts it seems they called applicants ....i haven't heard anything so far :scared:

Are they going to call or send out snail mail for acceptance? From last year posts it seems they called applicants ....i haven't heard anything so far :scared:

I think they'll call for acceptance/wait list and mail for rejection. Keep me updated when you have good news PharmAim! Good luck!!!

just wondering, in the LOR from a pastor, should the pastor just write about you as a person and how you're a good fit for pharm school or does he have to also write about your involvement in church?

thanks guys! :)

just wondering, in the LOR from a pastor, should the pastor just write about you as a person and how you're a good fit for pharm school or does he have to also write about your involvement in church?

thanks guys! :)

It's better to include both. Good luck!

I think they'll call for acceptance/wait list and mail for rejection. Keep me updated when you have good news PharmAim! Good luck!!!

I will let you know...Good luck to you too :)

They will call you if you were accepted and then they will send you an acceptance letter through the mail. :thumbup:

:D *** Accepted to Loma Linda University Class of 2015! *** :cool:

Last edited:
Just got a call for interview. Anyone interview on Dec. 14?:cool:

I will let you know...Good luck to you too :)

Any news yet PharmAim? I know at least 2 people who interviewed at the end of Oct and early Nov got the letter of rejection recently :( I don't know what to expect now. The people I know got a really high GPA :(

Just got a call for interview. Anyone interview on Dec. 14?:cool:

Originally had the 14th as well but due to finals being this week so I had to change it to the 21st. Good luck on your interview! Please let us know how it went!

Last edited:
Any news yet PharmAim? I know at least 2 people who interviewed at the end of Oct and early Nov got the letter of rejection recently :( I don't know what to expect now. The people I know got a really high GPA :(

Nothing yet...still waiting :xf:

They will call you if you were accepted and then they will send you an acceptance letter through the mail. :thumbup:

:D *** Accepted to Loma Linda University Class of 2015! *** :cool:

xGuardianAngelx, when was your interview? How long did you have to wait for notification?

I just had my interview last week with one other guy. They told me they will start letting people know in Jan if they got accepted. Good luck to ya'll They had 750 applicants this year and will interview around 200. I m keeping my fingers crossed. I hope they will let me know as soon as possible.

I just had my interview last week with one other guy. They told me they will start letting people know in Jan if they got accepted. Good luck to ya'll They had 750 applicants this year and will interview around 200. I m keeping my fingers crossed. I hope they will let me know as soon as possible.

are you pre-dental? or pharm?

are you pre-dental? or pharm?
I was pre-dental but I got carpel tunnel so I decided to switch to pharmacy. I already had all the required classes and didn't want to let all the studying and time invested to go to waste. I interviewed with the school of pharmacy and it sounded like they want me there so well see :)

I was pre-dental but I got carpel tunnel so I decided to switch to pharmacy. I already had all the required classes and didn't want to let all the studying and time invested to go to waste. I interviewed with the school of pharmacy and it sounded like they want me there so well see :)

I've got a bit of the carpel tunnel as well myself. =[ too much time on the pc.

I just found out that I got accepted just a few hours ago. :laugh: Apparently, they call you if you get in. Also, I keep missing their call, and they do not leave a message in the voicemail nor do they send an email if you are accepted. They will eventually call again in a couple of days. So stick by your phone.:)

Congrats to those who have been accepted. :) Hope the rest of us get a reply soon as well :)

yes it is. make sure you pick it up.

the area code that showed up on my phone from them was (562). So i guess be on the look out for 909 and 562. lol

Mine is on Nov 2nd
Hi, I have interview on wednesday, December 21st, would you give me some info about your interview. How was that? What were the questions? What was the topic of your essay? I am worried, because it is my first interview in two years. have a great night and thank you for your help.
Good Luck for You:xf:

Good luck for you. I also have intererview on wednesday, December 21st. Would you give me some info about your interview. What were the question? What was the topic of your essay? Have a great night and thank you for your help.