Program-Specific Info / Q's Loma Linda MOT 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe that during the application process it states that once you are accepted you would need to provide final official transcripts.

I hope this helps. I'm still waiting to hear back. Congrats on your acceptance!!

hiall1, I know you directed the question about transcripts to ctray, but from what I understand, everyone accepted needs to submit all of the transcripts they sent to OTCAS directly to LLU, as well.

ctray, I am also curious to know about the work load to expect in summer anatomy, and how you think we should prepare ahead of time for it (study vs. no study, tools, tips, etc).

I am rooting for you Nori! and all of you on this thread who are still waiting. You got this!

Regarding the transcript, I think I will ask them about it because I remember i sent an official to OTCAS and I think I also requested my school to send my official to LLU along with my reference letters and observation reports. So I submitted 2.
If that was the case then LLU should already have my transcripts via mail & OTCAS.
But maybe they want one more then....
???

Where I work right now, there's a PT student from LLU who is completing his last fieldwork experience so I took the opportunity to ask him about campus life at LLU.
What he told me was the summer anatomy course is 7 weeks long with like 4-5 hr lecture each day and lab on fri (half day) & practical every fri.....something like that. We will be with some PT students for lec/lab as well.
He says thats the only class we all start with when we enter the program so I believe we should all be able to pass if we manage our time wisely! His cohort was reduced by like 5 after that anatomy course because those ppl couldn't keep up.

I wish I can know what to prepare for as I wait until the program starts. The anatomy class I took was maybe 4 yrs ago so I can't recall much of it now.

I know OTs emphasize group work a lot so I will be expecting that, but the PT student told me there are some of those ppl who just do not cooperate 100% even as a grad student.....I hope you all bring it if you're in my group! Hahaha
We have a future to work towards... no slacking.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!!!! I feel like calling but I'm scared.

If you want it then don't be hesitant to call them! They're all very welcoming from my experience.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I'm still waiting for a response :(
Just wondering, for those who got accepted, when did you submit your video? I submitted mine on Dec 15th so maybe I'll receive a response later?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I'm still waiting for a response :(
Just wondering, for those who got accepted, when did you submit your video? I submitted mine on Dec 15th so maybe I'll receive a response later?

since everyone has different dates for the video invite, I think you will hear from them later than us.
Mine was submitted early November & I could not finish it until 1 day before it was due & received the acceptance just 2 days ago.

Hi!
I am receiving a couple of instructions after the acceptance email. I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but I need to submit another official transcript? I've done that in Oct when I submitted my application already. Was this just a general email for those who are lacking documentation?

Also:
What is your cohort size?
I heard that the anatomy course in the summer really determines if you remain in the program because it is pretty intense. Is that really the case?

Thanks

I had to do the same when I got accepted, the school wants the latest transcripts directly. They only ask those that have officially been accepted to do this so make sure you get that to them as soon as possible.

Our cohort size is 52 which is larger than most, but we didn't have as many people drop out of anatomy as other years. I didn't want to believe it myself, but it is true....you do have to pass anatomy to stay in the program. It is very intense, but when you survive it will be worth it. The information you learn in anatomy will be helpful throughout the program. It is intense because it is a lot of information in a short amount of time. A lot of people ask if they should start studying now and my recommendation is enjoy the time off because the curriculum is pretty specific so I don't think studying ahead of time will be beneficial.

The PT you talked to is right, the anatomy course starts out with PT and OT students combined, but it will be the only class with them and then you split up after. LLU really does care about the students they accept, tutoring is available (at a cost) during anatomy and it is a very valuable option. I don't know how much group work PT does, but OT does a lot. Fortunately, my cohort is amazing and everyone does a great job with those projects. I am hopeful that you will have a great cohort as well

Last edited:
hiall1, I know you directed the question about transcripts to ctray, but from what I understand, everyone accepted needs to submit all of the transcripts they sent to OTCAS directly to LLU, as well.

ctray, I am also curious to know about the work load to expect in summer anatomy, and how you think we should prepare ahead of time for it (study vs. no study, tools, tips, etc).

I am rooting for you Nori! and all of you on this thread who are still waiting. You got this!

I would suggest not to study just because like i said in a post above, the curriculum is pretty specific and I would just wait until you receive the packet on the first day of class. I was afraid of not doing any review prior to the course too, but the way the class is taught, they will let you know exactly what you will be tested on.

Congratulations!!!! I feel like calling but I'm scared.
Thank you! I think you should call. When I called Madge was so nice and at least you'll get an answer.

Congrats!!! I hope everyone on this thread will make it
The pin shouldve been from their email to you a while back for the secondary application if you search in ur inbox
At least thats wat i think I remember
Thank you! I hope everyone makes it too. Ok I'm going to try to login again and hopefully it works! Haha Thank you!!

since everyone has different dates for the video invite, I think you will hear from them later than us.
Mine was submitted early November & I could not finish it until 1 day before it was due & received the acceptance just 2 days ago.
I hope you are right about that!! I submitted mine Dec 12th. I'm curious to know their process of selection. Ugh I just want to know lol

I hope you are right about that!! I submitted mine Dec 12th. I'm curious to know their process of selection. Ugh I just want to know lol
Mine was just a day after yours. Our acceptance will come shortly! Positive vibes! :)

Thanks so much :)
I got accepted!!! I got the email on 01/18 and then a letter in the mail shortly after. Wishing the best of luck to those who haven't heard back yet! Hang tight!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone planning on attending the LLU open house this Sunday?

Hello everyone, I Got accepted last week and thankful. Anyone familiar with Loma Linda area and how are students paying for tuition? Thanks!

I called Madge today. She said they are still in the process of making decisions because they had about 300 applications and they are having a hard time, due to competitive applicants. She also said that they've been making decisions in "phases"?? a few students at a time. They will take about 50 students and an alternate list because students always drop out. Needless to say, there is still hope for those of us who are still waiting. Stay positive!

Reactions: 2 users
I called Madge today. She said they are still in the process of making decisions because they had about 300 applications and they are having a hard time, due to competitive applicants. She also said that they've been making decisions in "phases"?? a few students at a time. They will take about 50 students and an alternate list because students always drop out. Needless to say, there is still hope for those of us who are still waiting. Stay positive!

I was just thinking about finally calling. Good to know they're still making decisions, I was starting to lose hope! :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I didn't know they were having one....is it specifically for OT?
No it's for the entire university, but there is a session specifically for OT. I plan on going so I can see what LLU looks like.

Reactions: 1 users
I wish I could go to the open house, but I have work that day... Have fun for those who can make it!

Hi everyone!

Sent in my video interview in December and now I'm just waiting to hear back. I'm so nervous :(

Has anyone else heard back?? I was told either this week or next week.

To anyone waiting to hear back, don't lose hope; I have been trying to get into an MOT program since 2010! It will happen...just keep @ it

Reactions: 1 users
To anyone waiting to hear back, don't lose hope; I have been trying to get into an MOT program since 2010! It will happen...just keep @ it
whoa! You must feel great finally being in a program! Congrats on your accomplishment :)

I am curious what the stats are of those of you have gotten in. Please share if you don't mind.

I am curious what the stats are of those of you have gotten in. Please share if you don't mind.
Hi!
I was a Kinesiology major graduated 2014 this is my second time applying. I don't have the highest overall GPA. Not sure what my prerequisite GPA is but I got mostly As and a few Bs. I have over 300 hours of volunteer/observation hours and I have worked 2 1/2 years as an OT aide.

Last year I got rejected from everywhere but this year I received acceptance into LLU and one other program. I feel like the second time around I improved my personal statement and had a lot more experience to document. I also heard they take second time around applicants more seriously because it shows dedication. I would recommend not giving up and to keep trying because it pays off!

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten acceptance. It is a true accomplishment that you should feel proud of.
As for me, I am sad to say I received my rejection letter today . There is always next year (which opens in June already ).
Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back. Hang in there and don't give up!

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten acceptance. It is a true accomplishment that you should feel proud of.
As for me, I am sad to say I received my rejection letter today . There is always next year (which opens in June already ).
Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back. Hang in there and don't give up!
I'm so sorry to hear that!! Don't give up! I know how defeating it can feel but next round will be better!

Summer is just around the corner. Don't give up Nori! You will be an OT.

I'm sorry to hear that Nori. Unfortunately, I think we all know the feeling. I got rejected by 2 schools this cycle blahhh we chose a competitive field. Keep your head up!

Sorry you could not join us this time around Nori, but you will get your moment just hang in there! :))

I'm sorry to hear that Nori. Unfortunately, I think we all know the feeling. I got rejected by 2 schools this cycle blahhh we chose a competitive field. Keep your head up!
I was also denied by 2 schools prior to LLU acceptance!
I was invited to a group interview for one school but I wasnt too impressed w how it went. Very biased. You can tell right away if the interviewer likes you or not and there wasnt a big opportunity to fully express yourself in the response bcuz other ppl were sitting beside you.

I really appreciate that LLU decided to have us submit a video interview instead bcuz it allowed us to prepare better than being hit with questions on the spot.
For me I felt that their entire application process was in our favor. There were more than one opportunity to express ourselves rather than impress them through our transcripts.

Thank you! I am very happy that I at least made it to the interview process. I applied to other schools for the fall so I'll be finding out in March for them. Fingers cross :)

Thank you! I am very happy that I at least made it to the interview process. I applied to other schools for the fall so I'll be finding out in March for them. Fingers cross :)
Best of luck Nori!!
Did your application status change in the student service portal? Mine is still showing the application summary. I'm wondering if maybe my letter is on it's way :meh:

Best of luck Nori!!
Did your application status change in the student service portal? Mine is still showing the application summary. I'm wondering if maybe my letter is on it's way :meh:
Thank you. I honestly havent checked the portal.

For those who have been accepted & made the deposit already, are you all trying to complete the registration list at the moment? It seems like there's a lot to do still before we start

I hope those that can, will be attending the open house tomorrow afternoon. I would love to meet you all and hopefully answer any more questions

Any info that we should know from those who went to the open house?

Also would someone else like to start a FB page so we can communicate on there? :)

Any info that we should know from those who went to the open house?

Also would someone else like to start a FB page so we can communicate on there? :)

Maybe you could start one? I was going to, but since I'm not 100% sure I will be attending, I decided not to open one under my account

Sorry! I have never started a page or anything on Facebook, so maybe someone who knows more about it can haha