Medical LOI - When to send?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
I interviewed at a school that accepts LOIs. It is my top choice and a new medical school, and I was wondering when I should send my LOI. They have not sent any acceptances/rejections/waitlists yet; they told us on the interview day that they are holding off on sending decisions until December. I read online that you should send an LOI about a month after your interview. Does anyone have any insight into this? Should I wait closer to November (assuming this is right around when they'll start making decisions) or send it around the one-month mark?

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

The timing of these things doesn’t really matter. Whenever you send it, it’ll be added to your file.

Keep in mind that oftentimes these don’t affect anything and you’ll still be accepted or not based on how you compare against other applicants. But if they explicitly accept them and you’re going to stress out about not sending one then you may as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Send when you've actually completed the majority of your interviews and can provide a genuine and thoughtful response about why that particular school is the one you want to go to.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.