This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedHunter

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I found out about Logan University in Missouri. They have a Bachelors in Health Sciences in Biology. The program is accelerated and they have all the sciences courses needed to get into Med-School. I am novice to applying at Pre-Med programs, can anyone tell me more about their program and if someone has had any experiences with them? I want to get into a Med School in Missouri, so will going to Logan elevate my chances? Will going to Logan even help me get into Med School?

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like it's mostly a chiropractor school, so no, it won't help you get into medical school.

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like it's mostly a chiropractor school, so no, it won't help you get into medical school.
So even if I fulfill my pre med requirements? Not really going into the chiropractic side, just fulfilling my pre reqs for med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
So even if I fulfill my pre med requirements? Not really going into the chiropractic side, just fulfilling my pre reqs for med school.
It seems unlikely to me that a single trimester (including all classes) would fulfill the pre-reqs at most of the the schools that require them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
It seems unlikely to me that a single trimester (including all classes) would fulfill the pre-reqs at most of the the schools that require them.
What makes you automatically assume that I want everything done in one tri-semester? Please don't attach assumptions for me.

Having Logan attached to a chiropractic college will already demote it for a med school adcom avoid it....

The only thing that is going to help you get into school in Missouri is being a resident of Missouri. It doesn't matter what school you go to as long as its not online. Just go to your state school - it will have all the classes you need and be the best bet for education, probably cheapest too.

Reactions: 1 users
What makes you automatically assume that I want everything done in one tri-semester? Please don't attach assumptions for me.
I'm merely pointing out what they advertise on their website. When you said it was an accelerated program, it was no exaggeration!

Reactions: 2 users
Accelerated Science Program at Logan University
You guys weren't being a b*tch to this guy, so why me???

There is a difference between advising someone with a bachelor's degree to take a few pre-reqs at a community college when money is a big factor and advising someone who does not yet have a bachelor's degree to attend a very low tier school for the purpose of earning a bachelor's degree. Can you see the difference between the other poster and yourself?

Why are you framing your application as "applying to pre-med programs." Why not just apply to a regular 4-year college that has a pre-med department..?

I live pretty close to Logan - only go there if you plan to be a chiropractor. That said, there are at least a half dozen great colleges and universities in the St. Louis area where you can complete your prereqs/degree tout suite. No need to fret!

Also, please don't become a chiropractor.

OP, I've been reading this thread and your other one about Excelsior. Please settle down and stop posting inflammatory responses whenever someone teases you or gives you advice you don't like. This is an anonymous internet forum! If you can't handle some good-natured ribbing on SDN with grace, you're gonna have an absolute meltdown the first time you get pimped on rounds (assuming you get that far).

Numerous people on both threads have given you the same advice: you may be able to find a four-year institution that will accept two years' worth of your existing credits, but no school that's capable of helping you get into med school is going to accept more than that. You can try to blaze a new trail if you want; that's perfectly within your rights. But the tried-and-true path is the one that works for thousands of applicants every year. Those who go off the beaten path don't even get interviews, much less acceptances. You can disagree with everyone on this forum all day long, but the advice isn't going to change.

Let me give you some context about why the tried-and-true path (i.e., a bachelor's degree from a traditional four-year institution) is the only realistic way to go. At my school, we receive nearly 10,000 applications every year for about 125 spots in our matriculating class. Read those numbers again: they weren't a typo. With that many outstanding applicants, we can afford to be very, very picky! We choose students who are very likely to succeed in med school, residency, and a lifelong clinical practice. Those are almost always very traditional applicants. The ones who went off the beaten path are seen as riskier options. Why would we choose "risky" when we can choose "safe"? This is why people here keep telling you to go to a traditional four-year school.

Again, please calm down and stop reacting so strongly to people's posts. If you don't like what someone has to say, use your own mental "ignore" function or the one provided by the forum.

What I don't get is how someone with a 3.95 from a NY community college, also interested in getting into med school, isn't wondering if they could transfer to Cornell, NYU, Columbia etc

If you're not trolling, realize that you have a pretty good GPA even for a CC. Don't muck your chances by taking classes that both won't prepare you well for the MCAT/med school and may not even be seen as credible by med school

It's a long process, and unless you got a headstart on life, you won't be an attending till you're like 29, which is what, 28, with your extra "year" saved. That's much of your twenties. You need patience

Last edited: