Loan for service?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hecate

the bandicoot
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any takers out there who can support or denounce these (largely rural, it seems) programs. I'm fine being rural but I'm not sure I want to be REMOTE rural. Is it better to just take the standard loans and owe your money instead of your life? Or is it just another 4 years of repayment no matter how you look at it, or where you work to do it? For some reason I'm on the fence about this. I seem not to hesitate too much when it comes to putting down my signature for $100,000 cold cash but for years of my life? Hmmm...

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering if there are any takers out there who can support or denounce these (largely rural, it seems) programs. I'm fine being rural but I'm not sure I want to be REMOTE rural. Is it better to just take the standard loans and owe your money instead of your life? Or is it just another 4 years of repayment no matter how you look at it, or where you work to do it? For some reason I'm on the fence about this. I seem not to hesitate too much when it comes to putting down my signature for $100,000 cold cash but for years of my life? Hmmm...

1. Which program?
2. What year are you?
3. Rural doesn't always mean out in the mountains :) (yay!) I urge you to search the web and look at opportunities near the area you forsee practicing in. I believe the NHSC has job opportunities/site listings on their website.