LMCC Part I Format?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mike59

Sweatshop FP in Ontario
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who's taken the test please elaborate on the weighting of the test? (are some specialties weighted more than others?) Is there a website where this information is listed?

Members don't see this ad.

After taking the LMCC part I, my classmates and I found that each exam had different weightings on different specialties, or at least that is how we perceived it. For example, I had a lot of surgery questions, whereas a friend of mine had hardly any surgery but a lot of peds. Or maybe it just seemed that way because we all have different strengths. Anyway, the exam is supposed to be weighted evenly between surgery, medicine, peds, obs/gyn, community medicine (including family, emerg, community, epidemiology, etc), and psych.

Members don't see this ad :)
When do you write this test? I hear it has no bearing on the residency matching process because the results are not available until after. Is this true?

Arb said:
When do you write this test? I hear it has no bearing on the residency matching process because the results are not available until after. Is this true?
I'm pretty sure it has no bearing on the matching process, but I don't know if it's because I live in Québec...