Do you need MCCQE Part 1 to Apply to Ontario Fellowship Programs (IM)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JibsGuy52

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
US Internal Medicine Program at a good university program. Canadian citizen.

Do I need MCCQE Part 1 to apply to Canadian fellowship programs specifically in Ontario? Even though I will be board certified in US Internal Medicine?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know but I'll be applying to Canadian fellowships (also at really good US IM program) in the upcoming cycle and plan to take MCCQE early next year. (I have completed all Steps)

I don't know but I'll be applying to Canadian fellowships (also at really good US IM program) in the upcoming cycle and plan to take MCCQE early next year. (I have completed all Steps)
How did it go? study resource?

Members don't see this ad :)
US Internal Medicine Program at a good university program. Canadian citizen.

Do I need MCCQE Part 1 to apply to Canadian fellowship programs specifically in Ontario? Even though I will be board certified in US Internal Medicine?

Don't think you need it for the fellowship part of it (sometimes program specific so check with them), but to practice in Canada with an unrestricted license you will need the MCQ1 despite having all the USMLE and US board certification completed

Don't think you need it for the fellowship part of it (sometimes program specific so check with them), but to practice in Canada with an unrestricted license you will need the MCQ1 despite having all the USMLE and US board certification completed
What about NAC OSCE?