LIU PHARMACY CLASS OF 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Post if you've been accepted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you apply and how long did it take for you to receive an interview?

I was accepted yesterday! I want to create an FB page for LIU Pharmacy Class of 2022! I think they still interviewing and sending out letters.

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted yesterday! I want to create an FB page for LIU Pharmacy Class of 2022! I think they still interviewing and sending out letters.

What were your stats if you dont mind sharing? Also when did you interview/submit your application? Thanks.

I graduated from Rutgers, Biochemistry major. GPA 3.68. PCAT 81 composite. I submitted my stuff in January. Interviewed Feb 13. Accepted March 8. Pretty quickly. I am most def going is an amazing program. When did you submit your application?

Reactions: 1 user
And then you both will be accepted and we will all be classmate struggling to get this PharmD. hahaha
Yup. As soon as class start I will configure everyone's email to start the LIU Pharmacy webpage for the class of 2022. Which everyone here will be a part off. So I will see everyone soon enough.
I already know James, but I am excited to see some City College and Minnesota!

On behalf of the Admissions Committee, I am writing to inform you that you have been placed on the wait list for entry into the Doctor of Pharmacy professional program (third year) at the Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences for the 2018 fall semester.

Due to the large number of applications for the Doctor of Pharmacy program for the 2017-2018 academic year, only a small percentage of qualified students can be selected to fill the limited number of seats available.

Once the class is full, you can only be considered for admission if and when a seat opens up. If a student withdraws from the incoming class, the wait-listed candidate may be admitted; however, there is no guarantee that a seat will become available. This could happen any time between May and the first week of September 2018. Wait list ‘status’ information will not be provided on demand; notification of changes in your status will be sent to your current email address.

Additionally, please be aware that if you intend to apply for Financial Aid make sure that your application is complete for every school on your list; should your status change from ‘wait list’ to ‘admit’ our Office of Financial Aid cannot extend aid if you have not completed the required paperwork.

Your wait list status is only for the 2018 fall semester and may not be carried over, applied or deferred to subsequent sessions. If you choose not to accept a position on the wait list or should have any questions or concerns, we ask that you contact the College of Pharmacy via email

Sincerely,

Kenza Benzeroual
I received the email it was for some reason in my spam :(........... So sad. I think I am going to stay in Minnesota. And then do my rotation in New York. Was the GPA LIU is looking for? does anyone know.

so annoying with LIU I can't even start studying their stuff...till I know...ugh

I am on vacation hahaha. I been on vacation since I finish Rutgers last semester. lol. I am coming back for my graduation in May. Then back on vacation until the white coat ceremony and things get intense.

Will_JeffPharmacy,

As soon as you done with the interview ask them for the acceptance letter on the spot. Because I really don't see how can they not accept you. I was at Yale University a couple of months ago when Lupita Nyong'o performed a beautiful piece.
Funny story, LIU could just put you on the waitlist if they just flat out feel like it. They are super conservative as far as like don't go being "crazy". There was a demonstration by one of the students she was practicing like IV pharmacy and I was the first person to clap it was cool and the professor was like who's clapping we don't clap here LOL

Funny story, LIU could just put you on the waitlist if they just flat out feel like it. They are super conservative as far as like don't go being "crazy". There was a demonstration by one of the students she was practicing like IV pharmacy and I was the first person to clap it was cool and the professor was like who's clapping we don't clap here LOL
This was during the interview. I got the super stink eye by everybody. Lol maybe that's why I was waitlisted lol.

Hey guys I won't be going to LIU, since I received a full scholarship to The University of Maryland Pharmacy school as their financial package. However I will go to LIU's interview in hopes of getting accepted, to decline and help the people on the waitlist get accepted.

Thanks guys!
I will definitely see you guys around in the pharmacy community.
Oh man :( you sure you don't want to compete at LIU. I'm sure I can give you a run for your money lol jk.. think about it. Money is not always everything. You can create an upset in the spirit of march madness...lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I think LIU is number 1 in NY and it should be ranked higher nation wide because the founder of Murad skin care receive his training from LIU!
LMAO. Number 1 in NY? that belongs to Buffalo. Nationwide, LIU doesn't even crack the top 100.

Hey guys I won't be going to LIU, since I received a full scholarship to The University of Maryland Pharmacy school as their financial package. However I will go to LIU's interview in hopes of getting accepted, to decline and help the people on the waitlist get accepted.

Thanks guys!
I will definitely see you guys around in the pharmacy community.
you made a great decision. The University of Maryland school of pharmacy is a great school when compare to LIU.

LMAO. Number 1 in NY? that belongs to Buffalo. Nationwide, LIU doesn't even crack the top 100.
Ok we can always change that. Rankings are not everything. This thread it's for LIU acceptance or waitlisted. Please move to the buffalo thread if you feel so strongly about Buffalo.

Actually, LIU has the founder of Murad Skin Care attend LIU and LIU is the only school with a NCAA team. Although we lost yesterday lol.

Location. Because it's all about location lol
Really? So location is the only factor? What about the program itself? Do you know the best pharmacy schools are located outside of NY right? Why limit yourself?

Ok we can always change that. Rankings are not everything. This thread it's for LIU acceptance or waitlisted. Please move to the buffalo thread if you feel so strongly about Buffalo.
It this job market it sure does. I'm sorry I offended your feeling but its the honest truth.

It this job market it sure does. I'm sorry I offended your feeling but its the honest truth.
I think is safe to say everyone is entitle to their own opinion. I been accepted to LIU and I am more then proud to say I am going. It does not matter where you get your Doctoral of Pharmacy as long as you get it. Every program is rigorous some of course more then others. But I can honestly say finishing a PharmD program at LIU would be an honor.

Reactions: 2 users
I applied in November and just received an invitation for interview yesterday!

I applied in February, yesterday I received an email for an interview. I am graduating 2018 from Tufts University Major:Chemical Engineering with a minor in Economics. I am hoping to do the PharmD/MBA program.
GPA: 3.56
PCAT:86
Interview April 20.
If I get in I am going! :)

Nice. I was i
Great stats! I went in also doing PharmD/MBA but I changed my mind. I hope to do residency. Good Luck, it is tough I was waitlisted.
I applied in November and just received an invitation for interview yesterday!
I applied in February, yesterday I received an email for an interview. I am graduating 2018 from Tufts University Major:Chemical Engineering with a minor in Economics. I am hoping to do the PharmD/MBA program.
GPA: 3.56
PCAT:86
Interview April 20.
If I get in I am going! :)

Wow no one wants to do retail? I don't mind retail! I am a tech now. Retail you can help people their too. Residency is super competitive you have to graduate at the top of Pharmacy school.
How long you been a tech and where at?

That's awful. I wonder how that doctor decided you can treat a genetic disorder with medication. So sad.
the medication is not treat down syndrome is more so to treat the behavior that entails with children with down syndrome, sadly is a problem that I want to solve.

I hope to specialized in pediatrics at Stanford. I think they could use additional leaders ha
That is actually a top choice for me. And not only they need a leader like yourself, but then need diversity to have a different line of thinking. What school you graduated from?

Wow no one wants to do retail? I don't mind retail! I am a tech now. Retail you can help people their too. Residency is super competitive you have to graduate at the top of Pharmacy school.
For me personally retail is a NO! In terms of competition to be honest I thrive from it! It helps me perform at my best.

Go on vacation. Go by steps! if you generate a yes from a pharmacy school that means you can do well in the Naplex. Especially a yes from LIU because they will prepare you trust me. What tech knows is pretty low to what pharmacist have to know. Can't compare Big orange with a small grape.
I'm actually going on vacation next month lol I thought the tech role was beneficial but the drugs are on the NAPLEX..

Guys lets talk business! why are you guys on the computer when Duke is playing. pull up your brackets Virginia just lost. Just playing carry on. lol

I was watching that game in my dorm room and I literally walked out in shock. Virginia played so poorly. The worst defense I have seen, for a number one team.

Lol!!! UMBC was very disrespectful so sad

Attachments

• IMG_5022.JPG
    IMG_5022.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 109
Guys lets talk business! why are you guys on the computer when Duke is playing. pull up your brackets Virginia just lost. Just playing carry on. lol

Not following! focus on my study.

Peterpat22,
is that your bro with down syndrome on your main pic?

Yea but I really want to be claassmate with you guys! I been following this chat since it was created. But I had to make a profile once I saw you guysss bracket and Duke in not the winner! lol.

@PeterPat22 is there any way you can call UNC? your stats are wonderful! please call and speak to Dhiren Thakker. Also I have contacts at UNC, we can talk about that. I really want us to be classmate! everyone else I know is pretty locked at LIU.
Wow you are like a recruiter for UNC. lol. Not everyone is locked in at LIU.
@Will_JeffPharmacy is going to Maryland
I am waitlisted probably going to pharmacy school Minnesota.
@Gavilarimar is waitlised at LIU just like me.
Try to get to know everyone in the chat not just one person, is alot of people here you can connect with and make friends.

Yea but I really want to be claassmate with you guys! I been following this chat since it was created. But I had to make a profile once I saw you guysss bracket and Duke in not the winner! lol.

@PeterPat22 is there any way you can call UNC? your stats are wonderful! please call and speak to Dhiren Thakker. Also I have contacts at UNC, we can talk about that. I really want us to be classmate! everyone else I know is pretty locked at LIU.
Did you go to the game ? Duke played lights out! I'm a huge fan of the excellence at Duke. Come to LIU a little david x Goliath haha

Wow you are like a recruiter for UNC. lol. Not everyone is locked in at LIU.
@Will_JeffPharmacy is going to Maryland
I am waitlisted probably going to pharmacy school Minnesota.
@Gavilarimar is waitlised at LIU just like me.
Try to get to know everyone in the chat not just one person, is alot of people here you can connect with and make friends.
Will is holding an acceptance for one of us also.

I made a page because you guys really make this chat come alive. lol. All the other medical chats are dead. Yes medical is important but living too! hahaha
Pharmacy is my life. I been accepted to LIU and UNC so I am still deciding between the too. Originally from North Carolina!
Stats
Duke University(Go Duke!)
Major:Biomedical Engineering
GPA 3.76
PCAT 92
What are you interested in doing post PharmD ?

I absolutely agree with you! Everyone is amazing as we are all trying to enter a difficult field, and worked our tail off to get to this point. I certainly did not want to offend anyone. I just saw that @PeterPat22 was the only one that mention UNC and I have connections to help him get in and most likely I will be going there.
What school in Minnesota are you interested in?

YES GIRL I WENT TO THE GAME! I have been going to most games since I was a freshman! WE SHOWED UPPPPP! hahaha. But is going to get tougher from here on. We have a chance in my heart in honor of my final year at Duke. For life a Blue Devil!
@Will_JeffPharmacy Mr. Yale. hahaha! lol

I will be catch you and @PeterPat22 around because I am going for my residency in pediatrics. hahaha
@Gavilarimar how you ended up in Utah fyi I love Park City. And then City College in New York? that is very interesting.
Park City is gorgeous. I have family there and I wanted to run track for the University of Utah while doing my pre pharmacy coursework but I didn't make the team ! :( so I moved to NYC and went to a school that wasn't heavily sports oriented lol

I absolutely agree with you! Everyone is amazing as we are all trying to enter a difficult field, and worked our tail off to get to this point. I certainly did not want to offend anyone. I just saw that @PeterPat22 was the only one that mention UNC and I have connections to help him get in and most likely I will be going there.
What school in Minnesota are you interested in?

YES GIRL I WENT TO THE GAME! I have been going to most games since I was a freshman! WE SHOWED UPPPPP! hahaha. But is going to get tougher from here on. We have a chance in my heart in honor of my final year at Duke. For life a Blue Devil!
@Will_JeffPharmacy Mr. Yale. hahaha! lol

I will be catch you and @PeterPat22 around because I am going for my residency in pediatrics. hahaha
@Gavilarimar how you ended up in Utah fyi I love Park City. And then City College in New York? that is very interesting.
I want to do pediatrics at Stanford. Where are you thinking ?

Guys I won't be on here much this week because I have to get ready for my lacrosse game. I know not as important as march madness lol. But I love lacrosse.

@Sarajenpharmacy I am flattered by your help. But the way my ego is set up, it won't let me accept. If UNC does not see I can be part of their class and make a contribution I am most definitely taking my talent else where. Because I know, am the very best future pedriatic pharmacist there is! I am great and I don't need UNC approval to know that!

But I will be voting for Duke now that I know you. Lol.
You are one of the best ! Have a great game !!

@PeterPat22 You are like an amazing lacrosse player(award winning). Sorry call me a stalker but I did my research on you. Mr. Ben. :)

@Gavilarimar what she said have a great one!

Seriously you need to respect people more and identity. As this clear says to keep your identity confidential!!!!!
It can be very disrespectful especially if he does not have his name and you are stating it online!

No she does not have Duke smeared all over this thread. Mad woman!!! Cute pic ....go Cuse!!!

Reactions: 2 users
@Gavilarimar Why cuse, you have ties to the school? or you want a good underdog story hahaha.

I am just hoping for a good game. If Yale wasn't so disrespectful given a research project due on Friday, I would have made the trip like last year. That cause Yale their donations with me. J/K.
No ties to CUSE at all.... really just want revenge on Sara here she smeared the LIU thread with Duke. It's unacceptable lol

Please don't make this into a basketball chat because I don't understand. I really want to focus on the topic of pharmacy school.

Sorry if this sounds rude!

Please don't make this into a basketball chat because I don't understand. I really want to focus on the topic of pharmacy school.

Sorry if this sounds rude!
Getting to know your peers is also part of pharmacy school. We are all friends here. Just make your own chat, hun. You seem easily offended.