LIU PHARMACY CLASS OF 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZTY123

Reaction score
Hi, I got accepted and will be attending as part of the Class of 2027. I want to ask where I can join the community since I did not find a group on social media, and get some advice as I am a transfer student. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

But I just got accepted to pharmacy school, and I feel like working in pharmacy and having the ability to know all about medicine is awesome. Also interested in Pharmaceutical Sciences.

Members don't see this ad :)
But I just got accepted to pharmacy school, and I feel like working in pharmacy and having the ability to know all about medicine is awesome. Also interested in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
what do you want to do as a career?
1. have you ever worked in a pharmacy?
2. What do you think a pharmacist actually does most of the time?
3. What do you want to do with pharmaceutical sciences- because it literally is a completely different thing than being a pharmacist and requires a different degree.

Reactions: 1 user
what do you want to do as a career?
1. have you ever worked in a pharmacy?
2. What do you think a pharmacist actually does most of the time?
3. What do you want to do with pharmaceutical sciences- because it literally is a completely different thing than being a pharmacist and requires a different degree.
Dred;
Don't waste your time, anyone using "awesome" in their description of our profession, is a lost cause. There are still 10s of thousands of college students going into pharmacy every single year!

I had a discussion with the son of our longtime cleaning lady, a sharp young man now in Community College. She had brought him over, wanted me to talk to him and give him advice. He was very skeptical, as I was preaching to him about how bad things were as I was sitting in my $million home. He was saying, that maybe, me and the other old guys, didn't want the competition, for good jobs. I was saying that by the time he was, in any way, competition for me, I would be 100yrs old and long dead! Wished him luck, offered him any help I could.
We are wasting our breath. This is a super awesome profession.

Maybe you should work in a retail pharmacy and get a clue of where you’re likely to end up after graduating. Unless you’re one of those people who thinks “I’m a super special snowflake who will get all the clinical jobs and make bank bro! I’m special!” Then sure, keep at it. Let us know how bad retail is in 4 years.

Look into a different career.

Dred;
Don't waste your time, anyone using "awesome" in their description of our profession, is a lost cause. There are still 10s of thousands of college students going into pharmacy every single year!

I had a discussion with the son of our longtime cleaning lady, a sharp young man now in Community College. She had brought him over, wanted me to talk to him and give him advice. He was very skeptical, as I was preaching to him about how bad things were as I was sitting in my $million home. He was saying, that maybe, me and the other old guys, didn't want the competition, for good jobs. I was saying that by the time he was, in any way, competition for me, I would be 100yrs old and long dead! Wished him luck, offered him any help I could.
We are wasting our breath. This is a super awesome profession.
so true- I often have these discussions with "I am lucky and enjoy my job, but I am the exception"

any thoughts to what people here have said??