List of schools who make you take CASper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You’re an indecisive coward who can’t type and youll never make it as a doctor.

/s

:confused: all that work I put in for nothing when I should've just taken this test and realized it wasn't meant to be :arghh::arghh:

On a serious note though the indecisiveness is pretty true though, I need to work on that although if I had more information I'd be much more willing to commit to a decision.

Edit: even in this response I'm indecisive about whether I'm indecisive or not which probably means I am indecisive :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
When should we take Casper by to still be an early app? At the same time as primaries or secondaries or what?

Also, the only 2 schools on my list that require Casper are my state schools. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
When should we take Casper by to still be an early app? At the same time as primaries or secondaries or what?

I think it takes like 3 weeks for results to be available to schools, and most schools say it should be complete with the secondary I think. I’m taking mine in July.

Reactions: 1 user
$80? I signed up for Casper for two schools and it was only $30.

Nice, is it one set price or will it only be 15$ if I'm doing just one school? Feel much better about applying to this one school if it's only $15 lol

It’s $10 to sign up and then $10 per school. So it would be $20 for one school.

Awesome thanks for the info! Still not nearly as bad as 80 dollars haha. Now time to read up on some ethical dilemmas before taking this lol

Awesome thanks for the info! Still not nearly as bad as 80 dollars haha. Now time to read up on some ethical dilemmas before taking this lol

Honestly it’s not worth preparing. You’d be better served by practicing typing fast. The scenarios in the mock exam that you take when you sign up are super straightforward.

$80? I signed up for Casper for two schools and it was only $30.

Ah that was the number that came up when I googled but I didnt look too much into it. At least it's less than the cost of adding 1 school in AMCAS. Still think I'm gonna cut the CASPer school lmao.

Honestly it’s not worth preparing. You’d be better served by practicing typing fast. The scenarios in the mock exam that you take when you sign up are super straightforward.

Yeah if those scenarios are similar to the real thing I'm not worried. My main issue was typing quick enough. It was either I got everything I needed to say down in time but with lots of spelling mistakes or I just didn't finish so I guess I'll have to keep practicing my typing. Got a lot of secondary essays waiting to be written up anyways so I guess I have plenty of practice material waiting for me.

Yeah if those scenarios are similar to the real thing I'm not worried. My main issue was typing quick enough. It was either I got everything I needed to say down in time but with lots of spelling mistakes or I just didn't finish so I guess I'll have to keep practicing my typing. Got a lot of secondary essays waiting to be written up anyways so I guess I have plenty of practice material waiting for me.

There are many online typing practice websites for free.

For those who have taken it, how bad/annoying is this test? I'm trying to cut down on my school list, and it's really tempting just to cross off the schools that require it.

I did it last year and didn't prepare for it since other people said it wasn't bad. I thoguht it was hard!! It doesn't help that the actual test maker lies and misleads applicants by saying that you can't prepare for it when the research shows otherwise for this friggin SJT. Going to be smarter about it and do some full length practice tests this year before I take it.

I noticed West Virginia states that it's optional. Would it severely hurt my chances there if I didn't take it?
^ didn't seem to hurt my chances. You can always call the admission staff there is extremely nice.