List of schools who make you take CASper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kingsmen2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive been researching and I can't find a comprehensive list of MD schools who make you take the casper. Any help appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Here you go mate
IMG_6034.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The header clearly says US medical school. I guess because they have offices on the US that counts, huh? :laugh:

That's a suspect source in my eyes.

True headings don't mean squat when you making big money!

Reactions: 1 user
It's a predatory for-profit institution with terrible student outcomes compared to all US med schools, not sure why someone would be a jerk if they reference that on an online forum after you brought up the school's application.

It's a predatory for-profit institution with terrible student outcomes compared to all US med schools, not sure why someone would be a jerk if they reference that on an online forum after you brought up the school's application.
Lol it was just unnecessary. No one said anything to mention the competition of ROSS. We were discussing ROSS on that list, and I pointed out an inaccuracy. What he said was kinda funny but not called for lol

Last edited:
Lol it was just unnecessary. No one said anything to mention the competition of ROSS. We were discussing ROSS on that list, and I pointed out in inaccuracy. What he said was kinda funny but just unnecessary

Some of these schools have CASper as optional. That is why you probably didn't have to take it.

What is CASper?

Members don't see this ad :)
What is CASper?
It's a timed online exam that tests your response to ethical dilemmas. I think it's highly unnecessary because we should learn how to handle medical situations in medical school but hey what do I know...

Lol it was just unnecessary. No one said anything to mention the competition of ROSS. We were discussing ROSS on that list, and I pointed out an inaccuracy. What he said was kinda funny but not called for lol

Lighten up, Francis.

It actually is necessary, because going to those schools is a huge mistake for 99% of people, and their horrible predatory natures should be pointed out at every opportunity.

Lighten up, Francis.

It actually is necessary, because going to those schools is a huge mistake for 99% of people, and their horrible predatory natures should be pointed out at every opportunity.
actually for 75% of people, and good job! Next time ill ask you

Last edited:
What is CASper?

It's another pointless stupid hoop that schools are adding because they know they can get applicants to do more and more nonsense as spots get increasingly competitive.

actually for 75% of people, and good job! Next time ill ask you

Please don't. And I didn't mean 99% of people don't match or fail out. I meant 99% of med school hopefuls would be making a huge mistake by going to the Carib. Which is exactly what I said.

Please don't. And I didn't mean 99% of people don't match or fail out. I meant 99% of med school hopefuls would be making a huge mistake by going to the Carib. Which is exactly what I said.
I...

I'm sorry, I'll stop talking about such a sensitive issue. It's just that I feel strongly about certain schools that have spread by either violence or manipulation of the poor and uneducated (this may seem irrelevant in the U.S., but I believe it still occurs). This has gone far off-topic, so I'll shut up :D.

I...

I'm sorry, I'll stop talking about such a sensitive issue. It's just that I feel strongly about certain schools that have spread by either violence or manipulation of the poor and uneducated (this may seem irrelevant in the U.S., but I believe it still occurs). This has gone far off-topic, so I'll shut up :D.

Are you trolling by copy/pasting from when I accidentally posted before I was done writing, since I was on duty and typing it from my phone while on one of my few breaks? Because if so, I'd love to report you for it.

Are you trolling by copy/pasting from when I accidentally posted before I was done writing, since I was on duty and typing it from my phone while on one of my few breaks? Because if so, I'd love to report you for it.

You LOVE reporting people! :laugh::rofl:(I'm only commenting on this because it's not a private action you take, you make it known)

Can you even report someone for that? I mean, sure you could, but is that breaking TOS? Sometimes you gotta just step away from the internet for a while. It's rarely that serious.

Reactions: 1 users
You LOVE reporting people! :laugh::rofl:(I'm only commenting on this because it's not a private action you take, you make it known)

Can you even report someone for that? I mean, sure you could, but is that breaking TOS? Sometimes you gotta just step away from the internet for a while. It's rarely that serious.

Oh, don't get the impression that I'm bothered. I'm not lol. I just don't tolerate people harassing others (myself or anyone else if I see it). It's completely off topic and adds to the toxic nature of pre-allo.

If I was getting angry over an internet post, I'd take a break from the forums. I used to get upset over stupid crap people post on Facebook about vaccines and stuff, so I deleted my Facebook and enjoyed life for a while. People still post dumb stuff, but I just block them instead of get into heated arguments that don't do anything anyway.

Same here. Instead of getting all crazed and arguing with someone here, if they are mean or insulting to someone, and I happen to see it, I'll report it so the mods can take a look. They're busy and don't always see everything.

I asked him about it to give him the chance to delete his post. I'm sure that reposting something someone wrote in a completely different thread in order to insult them is a TOS violation.

Oh, don't get the impression that I'm bothered. I'm not lol. I just don't tolerate people harassing others (myself or anyone else if I see it). It's completely off topic and adds to the toxic nature of pre-allo.

If I was getting angry over an internet post, I'd take a break from the forums. I used to get upset over stupid crap people post on Facebook about vaccines and stuff, so I deleted my Facebook and enjoyed life for a while. People still post dumb stuff, but I just block them instead of get into heated arguments that don't do anything anyway.

Same here. Instead of getting all crazed and arguing with someone here, if they are mean or insulting to someone, and I happen to see it, I'll report it so the mods can take a look. They're busy and don't always see everything.

I asked him about it to give him the chance to delete his post. I'm sure that reposting something someone wrote in a completely different thread in order to insult them is a TOS violation.
Lol it was applicable for what we were talking about. Yes it was copy and paste and I changed a few words. It seemed to be a sensitive topic, so I said I'd just shut up

Last edited:

And make sure you don't use any derogatory names for our Cheeto-in-Chief. You can be reported for that too. :rolleyes:

Did vermont require CASPer last year? was wondering why i heard nothing from them all cycle

Did vermont require CASPer last year? was wondering why i heard nothing from them all cycle
Nah it's a new requirement. I guess we can also put them on the list of schools which practice silent rejections.

The list is even larger for this cycle ... unfortunately.

Albany, CMED, Drexel, East Tennessee, FAU, MCG, MCW, Mercer, NYMC, Rosalind Franklin, Rutgers, Texas A&M, Tulane, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Vermont, WVM for this year. Mac you suck for making this test.

Albany, CMED, Drexel, East Tennessee, FAU, MCG, MCW, Mercer, NYMC, Rosalind Franklin, Rutgers, Texas A&M, Tulane, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Vermont, WVM for this year. Mac you suck for making this test.
This is actually quite depressing

For those who have taken it, how bad/annoying is this test? I'm trying to cut down on my school list, and it's really tempting just to cross off the schools that require it.
It isnt too difficult tbh. Test is about 90 min long, and there isnt much you need to prepare - you cant really. Is more about trying to write everything in that 5min and wondering if you really ****ed it up for next few months thats annoying. Yeah, annoying as hell really.

For those who have taken it, how bad/annoying is this test? I'm trying to cut down on my school list, and it's really tempting just to cross off the schools that require it.

Eh I'm just going to take it.
7 of the schools I'm applying to are on the list so I figure 90 minutes of a test I dont have to study for isn't bad.
From what I have read, it's just ethics and morales so anyone who's been around those types of situations should be fine.

Yeah if 7 of your schools require it, then that's a good reason to take it. I only have 2 schools on that list, neither of which I'm dead set on applying to. I might just cut them out of my list so I don't have to deal with yet another BS test.

Side note, what's up with the webcam monitoring? I realize this makes me sound paranoid, but IMO that's a significant invasion of privacy. If you want to monitor me, I'll go to a proctored testing site. I would not feel comfortable with an anonymous stranger watching me through a camera in my own home. Is there anything in the terms of agreement that says you can't just block your camera or point it towards the ceiling?

I believe once you start the test, it tells you that webcam will record your entire footage, that will be analyzed for any fraudulent activity.

CASPER is nbd, I enjoyed taking it even. As for the webcam, I didn't know about that when I sat down to take it with my dinner so they have a solid thirty minutes of me eating noodles in their archive :rofl:

How do you know you did well on this test? Actually... how are you even supposed to do well?

The terrible thing about Casper is that you don't ever really know how you did cause you never get a score or something back other than that it was complete. I guess you could consider an acceptance/II as something but that would take into account more factors.

Whatever, I'm still getting a casper mattress though.

Where did you get this list?

Extremely annoying and not indicative of an applicant's quality at all. When I took it I couldn't believe that medical schools would actually use such a terrible tool to select future doctors. Real shame that the list of schools using it grows every year.

Extremely annoying and not indicative of an applicant's quality at all. When I took it I couldn't believe that medical schools would actually use such a terrible tool to select future doctors. Real shame that the list of schools using it grows every year.

One can make a lot of money by developing tools that make adcoms feel their decisions are less arbitrary than they are. If schools want to do this then just switch to MMI and call it a day.

Dang University of Michigan is the only one on there I was going to apply to. Are these schools a lists of ones that require it or is it optional for some? I'm really not trying to pay for this.

Edit: Dang the msar shows it as required not optional for U of M. Their reasoning is "in order to complement our hollistic view" lol. I really do wanna apply there though so might and up taking it.

Anyone know if we need to take it before the primary or secondary or whenever the general deadline is? I need to find a quiet place to take it since there's no way I'll be able to get it done in my house.

Last edited:
Dang University of Michigan is the only one on there I was going to apply to. Are these schools a lists of ones that require it or is it optional for some? I'm really not trying to pay for this.

Edit: Dang the msar shows it as required not optional for U of M. Their reasoning is "in order to complement our hollistic view" lol. I really do wanna apply there though so might and up taking it.

Anyone know if we need to take it before the primary or secondary or whenever the general deadline is? I need to find a quiet place to take it since there's no way I'll be able to get it done in my house.
"In order to complement our holistic review of the 99th percentile" FTFY

Reactions: 2 users
I mean...Macmaster in Canada has been using this for past ten years, and other Canadian schools for a while, so there must be some sort of an evaluation it can give on applicant that American schools found worthy of.

Or it can be just that extra $$

I just took the sample test they have to make sure your system is good for the exam and that was stressful. I wasn't really able to answer the last question on each one fully lol. The scenarios weren't too bad but my answers were never really committed to one side. I feel like they always leave out too much info to make a real decision so I just take the middle ground.

I just took the sample test they have to make sure your system is good for the exam and that was stressful. I wasn't really able to answer the last question on each one fully lol. The scenarios weren't too bad but my answers were never really committed to one side. I feel like they always leave out too much info to make a real decision so I just take the middle ground.

You’re an indecisive coward who can’t type and youll never make it as a doctor.

/s