Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
accepted into the biomedical sciences program, but im not so sure about how many get acceptance if they receive a spring interview :/

Members don't see this ad.

accepted into the biomedical sciences program, but im not so sure about how many get acceptance if they receive a spring interview :/
what do you mean? Acceptance to where?

Accepted to BP program and paid my deposit! I also made a Facebook group for our incoming class: Log into Facebook | Facebook
me tooo! I put in my deposit, although I'm not guaranteed to attend. I'm waitlisted at another DO school and waiting for a response from another post bacc. But def glad to be accepted to this program. I just don't know what their matriculation rate into med school the following year is

Members don't see this ad :)
me tooo! I put in my deposit, although I'm not guaranteed to attend. I'm waitlisted at another DO school and waiting for a response from another post bacc. But def glad to be accepted to this program. I just don't know what their matriculation rate into med school the following year is

Very true, i'm not complaining lol. We won't find out the numbers until orientation. But historically it's been b/w 85-95% of those that got an interview. I think the OMS1 class (245 students) has about a 1/3rd of their class from the MSAS/BP program.

Hi everyone!

My application was completed on 4/12 and I have a phone interview on 5/8. I have a few quick questions:

1) How many people are admitted to the program? Can you give me a breakdown of BP and AS numbers?

2) When do classes start?

3) How much is tuition?

I wasn't able to find much info on their website..

Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone!

My application was completed on 4/12 and I have a phone interview on 5/8. I have a few quick questions:

1) How many people are admitted to the program? Can you give me a breakdown of BP and AS numbers?

2) When do classes start?

3) How much is tuition?

I wasn't able to find much info on their website..

Thank you in advance!

Here's as much as I know..
1. I'm not really sure about the spread between BP and AS but I want to say around 200 for all tracks combined (BP, AS, PMSP, and Vet). I believe the AS class is significantly smaller than BP.
2. Anatomy bootcamp starts July 3 and lasts 3 weeks. The following week of July 24th is rumored to be when orientations are and then classes to begin that next week of Jul 31 but they have not finalized their schedule yet.
3. From the 2016-2017 catalog, MS program tuition is $930 per credit hour so it's roughly $30k.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you explain what anatomy bootcamp is? Is it mandatory?

Hello friends, congrats to everyone who got accepted so far, and good luck to those who have interviews! I got accepted to the biomedical professions program in April. Does anyone know if students typically wait to complete the masters program and then apply to DCOM after they have their grades in, or apply simultaneously while they are in the program?

Hello friends, congrats to everyone who got accepted so far, and good luck to those who have interviews! I got accepted to the biomedical professions program in April. Does anyone know if students typically wait to complete the masters program and then apply to DCOM after they have their grades in, or apply simultaneously while they are in the program?

Current A.S Track student here!! (Anyone is welcome to PM me if they have any specific questions!)

@blindbandit: Most of us applied simultaneously. I personally turned in my primary and secondary apps before I started the program in July, but I also applied the year before so it wasn't my first time around. There were a lot of people who worked on their apps and had it turned in by the beginning of October because they worked with Dr. Jarstefer and a few other teachers to help with their personal statement and secondary essays.

Reactions: 1 users
Officially accepted into the Anatomical Sciences program! :D

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Did anyone just get an email from LMU titled "LMU Master of Science Orientation Info"? I had my phone interview yesterday and haven't even received my acceptance, but received an email about orientation... was this email sent to ALL the applicants?

Hi everyone! Did anyone just get an email from LMU titled "LMU Master of Science Orientation Info"? I had my phone interview yesterday and haven't even received my acceptance, but received an email about orientation... was this email sent to ALL the applicants?
You were probably accepted but not informed yet. Keep on the lookout for a packet in the mail.

Hello! I was wondering if I can get some clarification on the deficiency courses that need to be taken before graduation?

On the school's website, it listed the following 6 courses: Probability & Statistics, General Microbiology, Medical Ethics, Biochem I, Molecular Genetics, and Immunology.

Out of the six courses, I have taken 4 (stats, microbio, biochem I, and genetics) during undergrad.

Will LMU require me to take medical ethics and immunology? Or can I still graduate with only 4 courses under my belt?

Thank you!

I received the same email the day after I interviewed but hadn't received an official acceptance letter yet. I'm assuming that means we were accepted but still waiting on something actually saying it.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

So I am missing a statistics course in my "pre-reqs" as per Ms. Nelson (they wouldn't take my Psych Stat course). Do these courses need to be completed before matriculation, or just before we graduate?

So I am missing a statistics course in my "pre-reqs" as per Ms. Nelson (they wouldn't take my Psych Stat course). Do these courses need to be completed before matriculation, or just before we graduate?
Yes, I would recommend taking it before classes begin, I'm in the AS track and statistics is a pre req for a course in the fall and another one in the spring semester.

Hi everyone,

I just received an email for a phone interview scheduled for Wednesday morning. Can anyone fill me in as to what type of questions they will ask? Also, will it be more than one member from the admissions committee interviewing you?

Hi everyone,

I just received an email for a phone interview scheduled for Wednesday morning. Can anyone fill me in as to what type of questions they will ask? Also, will it be more than one member from the admissions committee interviewing you?
I believe it is 2-3 members interviewing you and they ask general questions over your goals and what not; however, if you go back in this thread some people have posted a more detailed account of what you would expect. If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply?

I believe it is 2-3 members interviewing you and they ask general questions over your goals and what not; however, if you go back in this thread some people have posted a more detailed account of what you would expect. If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply?

My application was completed on 5/16 and I got an email for a phone interview yesterday. When did you apply? Have you interviewed already?

Hello! I was wondering if I can get some clarification on the deficiency courses that need to be taken before graduation?

On the school's website, it listed the following 6 courses: Probability & Statistics, General Microbiology, Medical Ethics, Biochem I, Molecular Genetics, and Immunology.

Out of the six courses, I have taken 4 (stats, microbio, biochem I, and genetics) during undergrad.

Will LMU require me to take medical ethics and immunology? Or can I still graduate with only 4 courses under my belt?

Thank you!
You will have to take genetics and medical ethics your first semester. I'm not sure about immunology, because I don't remember if that was one of the deficiencies last year. You won't be able to graduate until you take those courses and the courses for which they are prereqs: Research ethics, Cell and molecular genetics

Sent from my 2PS64 using SDN mobile

Thank you!
Sorry, read that wrong. I didn't see that you already took genetics. So you should only be deficient in the ethics course.

Sent from my 2PS64 using SDN mobile

Accepted today! So excited! I am waiting to hear back from a few other schools but LMU is definitely one of my top picks!

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
Congrats!
Thank you! I'm wondering about the anatomy boot camp right now, doing an internship in neuro research right now and i have a pretty good position with the chance to present a posterboard at conferences, but i could drop it to do the boot camp. i figure that doing well in MGA would probably be better than a little more experience, but i'm not really sure at this point

Thank you! I'm wondering about the anatomy boot camp right now, doing an internship in neuro research right now and i have a pretty good position with the chance to present a posterboard at conferences, but i could drop it to do the boot camp. i figure that doing well in MGA would probably be better than a little more experience, but i'm not really sure at this point

Yeah, sounds like a tough decision. The anatomy bootcamp is also supposed to help you get into the groove of studying for these upper-level courses and perhaps give you a buffer of time if you need to adjust study methods. If you think you might need that, or a refresher on anatomy, then I would consider doing the bootcamp.

I would say stick with the research. Having good research experience is always great to have for your resume and especially if you can get a letter of Rec from them.
The boot camp is not necessary to help you succeed in MGA. It is great for getting a quick review/intro to the class, but masters students are only taking MGA until the first MGA test so you should be alright focusing solely on it to do well.

Yeah, sounds like a tough decision. The anatomy bootcamp is also supposed to help you get into the groove of studying for these upper-level courses and perhaps give you a buffer of time if you need to adjust study methods. If you think you might need that, or a refresher on anatomy, then I would consider doing the bootcamp.
I would say stick with the research. Having good research experience is always great to have for your resume and especially if you can get a letter of Rec from them.
The boot camp is not necessary to help you succeed in MGA. It is great for getting a quick review/intro to the class, but masters students are only taking MGA until the first MGA test so you should be alright focusing solely on it to do well.
ahhhhh thank you, that makes me feel better as i'd committed to the research position till the end of july

Last edited:
ahhhhh thank you, that makes me feel better as i'd committed to the research position till the end of july. do you have any suggestions for getting ahead on MGA on our own right now?

Really you should just enjoy summer and work on applications. You won't have much time for them during MGA and you will want to focus 100% on the class and not on when you turn in your apps. Work on some drafts for your personal statement and secondaries and start filling out the primary. When you get there either already have everything turned in or be ready to give the drafts to a professor so they can proof read it.

Is this a program that all of the traditional medical school prerequisites have to be completed before applying or can you have zero prerequisites/ a couple of those courses and still apply? (Either the Biomedical or Anatomical, doesn't matter).
Thanks!

Is this a program that all of the traditional medical school prerequisites have to be completed before applying or can you have zero prerequisites/ a couple of those courses and still apply? (Either the Biomedical or Anatomical, doesn't matter).
Thanks!

I actually think this program is tailored for applicants that have taken most (if not all) prerequisites but did not perform as well as they need to. This program allows for them to prove to medical schools that they can handle graduate level coursework. There are some premedical post bacc programs that are targeted for applicants that did not take any science courses but want to switch to the medical track but it is not a masters it's an undergraduate certificate.

Thanks!

The masters programs are specific to people who have taken the prerequisite courses already. If you need any prerequisites I would say consider doing the post bachelorette program or looking into your community college to make up for any deficiencies.

hi, does anyone know for sure about mandatory attendance? i'm wondering about both the post bac program and DCOM. i was pretty sure it was not mandatory and the lectures were even recorded and posted online (at least for the med school) and i was assuming this would be the case for the masters as well. however, i spoke to hannah and she said that there was mandatory attendance, at least for the med school courses (neuro and anatomy) as far as she knows. can someone clarify?

hi, does anyone know for sure about mandatory attendance? i'm wondering about both the post bac program and DCOM. i was pretty sure it was not mandatory and the lectures were even recorded and posted online (at least for the med school) and i was assuming this would be the case for the masters as well. however, i spoke to hannah and she said that there was mandatory attendance, at least for the med school courses (neuro and anatomy) as far as she knows. can someone clarify?

Attendance is not mandatory. Only labs are mandatory along with random lectures throughout the year like HIPAA training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah ok, is that just for DCOM or for the post bac as well?

I can't say for the post-bac classes since I'm not sure what they have that's different from the Master's classes, but essentially, if you decide to do the postbac or Master's, you should be treating it as a year long interview and the faculty members should be seeing your face everyday, so in a sense, yeah it's mandatory lol.

I can't say for the post-bac classes since I'm not sure what they have that's different from the Master's classes, but essentially, if you decide to do the postbac or Master's, you should be treating it as a year long interview and the faculty members should be seeing your face everyday, so in a sense, yeah it's mandatory lol.
Oh i meant the Masters, lol. gotcha

Oh i meant the Masters, lol. gotcha

Also attendance for most of the masters classes are mandatory. Which conflicts with a lot of the MGA classes. So you have to go to the masters class then watch MGA later online.

But I agree with FenderBender it is better to go to as many classes as possible and talk with the teachers so they know who you are and can help you an time they can.

I am going to be doing the AS program! Does anyone have any idea of an average amount of study time per day? Obviously I'm planning on putting a ton of work into this, but I just like having realistic expectations.

I am going to be doing the AS program! Does anyone have any idea of an average amount of study time per day? Obviously I'm planning on putting a ton of work into this, but I just like having realistic expectations.

Congrats on getting into the AS program. Typically, you can expect to be spending a significant amount of time on Anatomy during the Fall and on Neuro during the Spring. Scattered in between are all your other Masters classes, which truthfully, don't take a significant amount of time. I'd say about 4-6 hours a day outside of class time is pretty typical. It depends on how much time reayou're willing to spend in the lab.

Congrats on getting into the AS program. Typically, you can expect to be spending a significant amount of time on Anatomy during the Fall and on Neuro during the Spring. Scattered in between are all your other Masters classes, which truthfully, don't take a significant amount of time. I'd say about 4-6 hours a day outside of class time is pretty typical. It depends on how much time reayou're willing to spend in the lab.

Awesome, thanks for the info! Do you know about any schedule details? I don't think we will get class schedules until orientation, but do you know if classes are usually an 8am-1pm type, not including lab?