Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just submitted the secondary. Anyone know what average turnaround for becoming complete is? Also how long people are waiting after becoming complete to get news on II?

Members don't see this ad.

i called but no one answered, left a voicemail got the email like 10 min later!

I actually called as well around 2:30PM after the first few people called...Ms. Lamb didn't sound too happy. She said to wait, and I didn't want to push her into checking because of her tone lol so i just said okay

I actually called as well around 2:30PM after the first few people called...Ms. Lamb didn't sound too happy. She said to wait, and I didn't want to push her into checking because of her tone lol so i just said okay
Oh dang I called around 12:30 so i'm sure ppl were calling and calling

Members don't see this ad :)
oh I totally understand her frustration, so I wasn't mad. And we didn't even get to the part where she asked for my name and ID so its all good with me haha

Got an interview here a couple of days ago. I have a good feeling about this school. Whenever I spoke with admissions over the phone, they seemed more friendly than some other schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Got an interview here a couple of days ago. I have a good feeling about this school. Whenever I spoke with admissions over the phone, they seemed more friendly than some other schools.

They are indeed friendly. Unfortunately, I may cancel this interview due to financial reason. Wish it will go to one of you

The Canadian part is what did you in. Very few American med schools accept international students

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Actually that's not entirely true, there are quite a bit of schools that accept Canadians. You Americans are nice to us.
So they gave me a secondary invite for the money?

I doubt it. From my understanding schools look at how well you fit their mission. Do you have an interest in practicing in the Appalachia area?

Actually that's not entirely true, there are quite a bit of schools that accept Canadians. You Americans are nice to us.

I doubt it. From my understanding schools look at how well you fit their mission. Do you have an interest in practicing in the Appalachia area?

2nd year here, and the school is welcoming to Canadians, there are at least 3 in my current class (that I know about). It was their stats + being Canadian that resulting in the posters rejection. If they were an American student, they easily should of gotten an interview. But, because of their Canadian status they needed higher stats. This is me just 100% guessing at this point, but I'm thinking that the school is already looking at their super competitive Canadian applicants and the poster just wasn't in their league.

Just submitted the secondary. Anyone know what average turnaround for becoming complete is? Also how long people are waiting after becoming complete to get news on II?
I got mine about 5 days later. I already canceled my II though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted Primary on July 25th, never recieved any confirmation or secondary link.
Sent Secondary through their website on Aug 14th. No confirmation at all.
Is this normal for Debusk?

Submitted Primary on July 25th, never recieved any confirmation or secondary link.
Sent Secondary through their website on Aug 14th. No confirmation at all.
Is this normal for Debusk?

Yes, I had to call and follow up to get a confirmation that my app was complete and again a second time to check again on my app and was told that I had an interview invite. I only received emails confirming all this information once I called. I think they may be having system issues this year.

Yes, I had to call and follow up to get a confirmation that my app was complete and again a second time to check again on my app and was told that I had an interview invite. I only received emails confirming all this information once I called. I think they may be having system issues this year.

When were you "complete"? I want to call, but I don't think enough time has passed.

how do you check if your status is complete? i submitted 8/7 and i haven't gotten any emails yet

They will email you. Stay calm. Robin Lamb is the only admission person over this, so don't continually call her.

how do you check if your status is complete? i submitted 8/7 and i haven't gotten any emails yet

They will email you. It took about 3 weeks from secondary submission to get an II. Stay calm and please don't pester admissions with repeated phone calls lol. It's one woman over the app status changes for all applicants

When were you "complete"? I want to call, but I don't think enough time has passed.

I submitted my secondary on 7/29 and I called on 8/4 to check on the status and she moved me to complete when I called.

Totally chill over here. I already have my II scheduled

Nice, it's not a good idea for everyone on here to be advertising that we can call admissions at any time to have our app complete. That would get old real fast for the nice people at admissions lol

Nice, it's not a good idea for everyone on here to be advertising that we can call admissions at any time to have our app complete. That would get old real fast for the nice people at admissions lol

Lol okay, not saying everybody gang up on the admissions staff and harass them, but if you have a QUESTION about your app don't hesitate to call and ask lolololol

Reactions: 1 user
Lol okay, not saying everybody gang up on the admissions staff and harass them, but if you have a QUESTION about your app don't hesitate to call and ask lolololol

Lol just imagine the number of neurotic pre meds that would call admissions if they thought it would get them an II

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile[/QUOTE

Thanks, I will try to email them first and see. If no response, I am calling.

Canceling My Interview - Hope it goes to one of you here! Good luck Everyone! :)

It speaks volumes that you loved Campbell enough to cancel here. I am headed to CUSOM next week. Congrats on your acceptance!
Thank you! I also cancelled because I wanted to be somewhat close to a city, so location was also my reason to cancel... But Campbell was amazing! Good luck at your interview :)

II complete August 8th

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
No confirmation of primary or secondary. :unsure:

II received via email 8/25! :biglove:
secondary submitted 6/20, complete email 8/15.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The main complaints I heard was about them revamping them revamping the curriculum. People said they felt like they were being used as guinea pigs for a half baked curriculum. However, I'm all about board prep. Has the pass rate/average COMLEX score increased since the curriculum changed?

Again, I think the curriculum changes have been beneficial, and they are refining it every year. Pass rate and average COMLEX have been on the rise over the past few years.

How long does it take to get a complete and under review email? I submitted my secondary on 8/7

When is your interview?
I'm trying to schedule it for 10/7, but no one picked up when I called, so I'll try again tomorrow!
other available dates are 10/14 and 10/21. :)

Should I email them?

I wouldn't quite yet. If it's like 2nd week of September and you haven't heard I would give them a call. From previous posts there is only one person that is handling communications to applicants and I'm sure she is swamped.

Got my email to interview this past Tuesday :) I'm really excited to interview here and I love that they include spouses and family to join in on the day:) Does anyone have any tips for interview day? I would greatly appreciate any advice!

Interviewing 10/7. Had a colleague drop from their PA school year before last and was accepted past spring at another DO program. He spoke glowingly about LMU-DCOM so I'm hopeful!

Interviewing 10/7. Had a colleague drop from their PA school year before last and was accepted past spring at another DO program. He spoke glowingly about LMU-DCOM so I'm hopeful!

I'm interviewing on 10/7 too! hope to meet you! :)

can you elaborate a little more on what your friend liked about LMU-DCOM?