Life...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

San Diego Bob

Neophyte Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is life like for DDS students and beyond?

Members don't see this ad.

..nothing but loose women and good times await..

welcomecrop.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Dental School is a LOT OF WORK.

Im only first year, and its the easiest time of the first two years right now, but its WAY MORE work than undergrad. Not even funny. But just be prepared to work your ass off.

Overall, its definately worth it.

Good luck!

true that bro, listen to toothless fairy carie or whatever his name is. it might be a rough and treacherous road ahead but after u get that dds or dmd it will be worth all the wait baybee!!! belive me women will be on u like white on rice and the men will envy you because of all the money you will be making considering the fact that they had to go thru so much more years of schooling for their profession while u only went thru half the time and would be making as much as they are.!!! u will be in the dreams of every chick out there and on the hate-list of all the guys!! stick with it and will be have one of the happiest life ever made possible!!! :) :oops: :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: :idea: :thumbup: :laugh:

VancouverDoc2b said:
Dental School is a LOT OF WORK.

Im only first year, and its the easiest time of the first two years right now, but its WAY MORE work than undergrad. Not even funny. But just be prepared to work your ass off.

Overall, its definately worth it.

Good luck!

Good advice. My experience is that dental school has been MORE work than undergrad, but that the work has been substantially easier than undergrad. I have way more free time than undergrad (probably due to the fact that our simlab is only open 7:30-5 :D ). Your mileage may vary.

ryofire said:
true that bro, listen to toothless fairy carie or whatever his name is. it might be a rough and treacherous road ahead but after u get that dds or dmd it will be worth all the wait baybee!!! belive me women will be on u like white on rice and the men will envy you because of all the money you will be making considering the fact that they had to go thru so much more years of schooling for their profession while u only went thru half the time and would be making as much as they are.!!! u will be in the dreams of every chick out there and on the hate-list of all the guys!! stick with it and will be have one of the happiest life ever made possible!!!

my bad,
i forgot to use the sarcasm font last time....

San Diego Bob said:
What is life like for DDS students and beyond?
Ummmmm.... pretty much hell. :thumbdown: That's all I have to say about that (forrest gump)

Dental school isn't that bad. Just meet people that aren't hardcore and really anal (Ie: stay away from those ****ty gunners that will step on your throat, even if you offer them a ride home in the rain). Surround yourself with people who feel the same way about school that you do, and enjoy the fact that the vast majority of your professors are only teaching because they couldn't cut it in private practice. Someday you'll own them all; it's a buyers market ;)

Zurik5 said:
Dental school isn't that bad. Just meet people that aren't hardcore and really anal (Ie: stay away from those ****ty gunners that will step on your throat, even if you offer them a ride home in the rain). Surround yourself with people who feel the same way about school that you do, and enjoy the fact that the vast majority of your professors are only teaching because they couldn't cut it in private practice. Someday you'll own them all; it's a buyers market ;)
I disagree with the fact that the majority of professors are teachers because they couldn't cut it in private practice. Going into dental school, I think that I want pursue academics. In fact, I know of some dental professors who have a side-private practice or some may be entirely interested in research.

charmshot, you're right.... I guess the sarcasm font didn't work for me either. Most of my profs are either retired from private practice or went into academics like you said. They're all very nice.