Letter to Register for OAT?!

know>wonder

get up and try, try again
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This will be my first time taking the OATs. I registered for the test, received my E-MAIL confirmation number, but I still have not received my Letter to Register yet. This is frustrating b/c I'm worried the slots are going to fill up for Feb, but I know it's my fault for not registering sooner. Anyway, I registered for the OATs online 2 WEEKS AGO, when the heck can I sign up for a date/time!?!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get my letter until very later, so I think about 3 weeks or more. Since you are posting a question about the letter, I have a similar question about the letter and I figure I'll put in this thread.
I believe the OAT requires us to bring the letters they sent us to the test center. I have some writings on the letter, I was wondering will the letter still be acceptable, or does it need to be spotless. Thanks.

I didn't get my letter until very later, so I think about 3 weeks or more. Since you are posting a question about the letter, I have a similar question about the letter and I figure I'll put in this thread.
I believe the OAT requires us to bring the letters they sent us to the test center. I have some writings on the letter, I was wondering will the letter still be acceptable, or does it need to be spotless. Thanks.

I took my letter to the test center and they didn't even ask for it. I offered it, but they told me they didn't need. I'm not sure if it was the test center I attended, but I don't think it matters if you have writing on it.

I remember trying to figure out how to register. The number on the letter didn't even work for me so I ended up just trying my social security number to see if it would get me anywhere. It did, but when I got to the last part where you confirm the date and time you've chosen, it stopped working and the website wouldn't go any farther. I tried it on two different occasions without any luck so I just ended up calling and reserving my test day/time/place over the phone. They're really nice so if you don't want to wait, I suggest just giving them a call and handling it all over the phone instead of waiting for a letter that might not do you any good.

good luck.
-jeff

I remember trying to figure out how to register. The number on the letter didn't even work for me so I ended up just trying my social security number to see if it would get me anywhere. It did, but when I got to the last part where you confirm the date and time you've chosen, it stopped working and the website wouldn't go any farther. I tried it on two different occasions without any luck so I just ended up calling and reserving my test day/time/place over the phone. They're really nice so if you don't want to wait, I suggest just giving them a call and handling it all over the phone instead of waiting for a letter that might not do you any good.

good luck.
-jeff

sweet thanks guys, i received my letter today...i think i'll go ahead and try calling. thanks again y'all!!!