Lets see who we're dealing with!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdpharmd?

Turning lead into gold
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a few threads on this on the SDN lounge forums, but I'm curious who I've been talking to here for the last several months. Anyone care to post a pic of themselves (boys or girls)?
I'd go first, but I would feel kind of silly if nobody replied. I'll post second, how's that? :D

Jd
:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Let's see if this works....

Click Here

That's me on the far right....the short, stumpy guy :D

Of course, the problem with this thread will be that the

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I'll give it a shot. It's not like I have a ton of good pics of me just sitting around, so lets use this one from last summer. I can't get yours to display, LV.

Click Here

Jd

It's fixed, thanks Jd!

The pic was taken 3-4 weeks ago, Irvine CA...heading out to a bachelor party. The "condemned man" is the other short guy in front, one of my exroomates.

Bachelor party in Orange County California = :sleep:

(I voted for Vegas)

Well anyways, I'm 19 yrs old, of course female in Memphis, TN. I'm turning 20 in 3 more days. yay. happy b-day to me. well anyways, here's a pic.

Attachments

• huong-down-copy.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 2,720
hey hmtran.......would you like to go out on a one-night stand date with me?;)

Originally posted by hmtran
Well anyways, I'm 19 yrs old, of course female in Memphis, TN. I'm turning 20 in 3 more days. yay. happy b-day to me. well anyways, here's a pic.

:clap: :clap: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :clap: :clap:

...just what the profession needs...another beautiful pharmacist :D

I could say something like "You can fill my prescription anytime", but that would be stooping to Phar's level ;)

lol....thanks for the compliment guys. as for the one night stand, let's see what u got....lol

laters

Originally posted by hmtran
lol....thanks for the compliment guys. as for the one night stand, let's see what u got....lol

laters

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am assuming you don't visit the lounge forum. My picture is posted there............and babehh i got alot.

Here is a picture of me vacationing in Massachusetts for Christmas.

Attachments

• nam-vacation.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,490
Hmm....I don't think you guys would want to see my picture....hihi. By the way, I'm wondering if there's any other Vietnamese people in this forum, because I am.....:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course we'd love to see your picture!

I'm sure Phar would probably do just about anything to see your picture! ;)

I'm half Filipino, half white, by the way. I'm sure there are a quite a few Vietnamese in this forum (probably in this thread, too).

Originally posted by pharmangel
Hmm....I don't think you guys would want to see my picture....hihi. By the way, I'm wondering if there's any other Vietnamese people in this forum, because I am.....:D

hmmmmmmmm, post post post please please please. I love all flavors.

Originally posted by LVPharm
Of course we'd love to see your picture!

I bet you have finished most of those hot pharmacy chicks.

I noticed so far all the pictures have been minorities. Being a minority myself. I wonder what the older pharmacists(caucasian, and male) think of the direction the profession is going.

I think that the high minority ratio on this board probably correlates with the high California ratio on this board. California is one of the most ethnically diverse states in the US.

Originally posted by rutpharm
I noticed so far all the pictures have been minorities. Being a minority myself. I wonder what the older pharmacists(caucasian, and male) think of the direction the profession is going.

Check my post. Since when is white a minority? And if it is, do I get any special perks? :D

Jd

Originally posted by jdpharmd?
Check my post. Since when is white a minority? And if it is, do I get any special perks?

You should already be getting lots of perks. You are really cute.

Originally posted by phar
I bet you have finished most of those hot pharmacy chicks.

My apologies, your Highness...did you want me to save some of them for you? :D

Post more pics, you hermits! :D

Jd

Originally posted by jdpharmd?
Post more pics, you hermits! :D

Nine is my favourite number. I promise to be the ninth person to post a pic ;)

Ah, but you forget, I've already seen you! ha!

Jd

i have no idea how to poist image...
you can check the site i made

pharmacy.spirit.dos.uci.edu

Hi, I'm new to SDN... everyone seems really nice here! As my first post, I'll be un-shy and post my piccy. Please be nice...

I am 21 and going to VCU School of Pharmacy
Class of 2007

By the way, it's nice to see lots of fellow Asians. yay!

Attachments

• nalie flower post copy.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,280
Yay, "crying moo"! It's nice to see some of the new people posting....what about the veterans? ;)

...nice pic, a beautiful girl next to a beautiful hibiscus :D

Where's Tri, Rut, Brill!?

aww thanks LVPharm... you're so nice

I think everyone else is shy..

Unfortunately you're too far away from California :(
Welcome Welcome

Originally posted by riskhk
i have no idea how to poist image...
you can check the site i made

pharmacy.spirit.dos.uci.edu

Your website doesn't work for me! :confused:

Perhaps I will post a picture after finals.....(UGH! Finals!)

pretty sad considering the fact im web master...lol

I went to riskhk's site, but I didn't find any pictures.... you lied!!!:mad:

riskhk: I sent a PM to you, I'm not sure if you've got PM notification enabled....

Attachments

• moi5.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 737
Originally posted by TCB

Dana you 're so smart.. woah 3.90 GPA ??? because of people like you, I will never get into pharmacy school.

Not true, you'll get into pharmacy school. I didn't get accepted to everyplace that I applied to. Not all schools place their emphasis on GPA. I applied to a school that based acceptance on academics, because I had good grades. However, I don't have any pharmacy work experience, which is why I didn't get into some other schools. You just have to find the right school. I spent a year just researching pharmacy schools, before I applied to any of them.

They haven't posted stats for this year. Last year, average GPA was 3.4 and average PCAT was 85%.

If you want to come to the south, look at Florida A & M, in Tallahassee. They don't require the PCAT and have slightly lower academic standards. It's a 6 year program and they'll admit you right from high school or you can transfer in at a later date.

Originally posted by TCB

Dana you 're so smart.. woah 3.90 GPA ??? because of people like you, I will never get into pharmacy school.

Hey TCB, are you in college or HS right now? Are you getting ready to apply to pharm school? I wouldn't sweat the GPA thing too much...this year has been a crazy year in terms of numbers of applicants to pharm school. Although I suspect some of the more difficult schools to get into (in normal years) would probably have instituted GPA cutoffs for interviews, you wouldn't need ANYWHERE near 3.9 to get into pharm school (not even med school)

...get some real experience as a tech or clerk, make the most of it and gain valuable experience. It'll be good "fodder" for your personal statements and interviews. You'll most certainly get your fair share of interviews, and that'll be your time "to shine". Try your best not to obsess over the GPA thing. BTW, quite a few of my classmates don't have a bachelor's degree, but they had extensive tech experience. A friend of mine knows someone who got into UCSF (a few years ago) without a baccalaureate...again she had extensive tech experience and excellent grades in her prereqs.

That's a beautiful pic, btw! ;) Thanks for sharing, TCB!

TCB, I'm jealous... I want a tummy like yours (or lack of)

You in MD? I got accepted to VCU/MCV with a 2.8ish GPA. I mean, it was for a different major but still, I must have the lowest GPA to be accepted into pharm school.

My saving points were: a drastic grade improvement for the last 2 semesters, an essay (that was not required) explaining my grades and decision to apply to Pharm., and an excellent PCAT score. I think my interview was only mediocre tho.

Oh, and I don't have a Bac degree, and I had no Tech experience when I applied.

I think the grade improvement shows your desire to work hard and comeback despite having made mistakes. I think that's what did it for me.

Please don't give up TCB. You may have a difficult time at school, and your gpa maybe lower than other people's on this forum. But you know what? You're not alone! There are many students's gpa just like yours, if not lower. The thing that can make you stand out is your determination!

To answer your question, yes, you should turn in your application as soon as you can because many people will do the same thing. You gotta make sure that you're not behind the pack. With that said, I need to remind you that turning in your best application is more important than an early but crappy application. So be sure that your application is at its best shape, even it takes more time.

This pharm forum is great! You should keep reading it!

Good luck! :)

Originally posted by crying moo

I think everyone else is shy..

I think I need a scanner :D

Originally posted by lovilla
I think I need a scanner :laugh:

...or a digital camera and/or images in .jpg format...
Come on, get with it Lovilla...welcome to the 21st century! :laugh: What?! You still get film developed?! ;)

Originally posted by crying moo
I went to riskhk's site, but I didn't find any pictures.... you lied!!!:mad:

Yea, where are the pics?!

Jd

Originally posted by chunkyb
Nine is my favourite number. I promise to be the ninth person to post a pic ;)

Almost at #9, you better be quick!!

Jd

Can I help speed up the process? only 6 pictures in 3 pages...
here's #7... not a pic of me tho!

Attachments

• tkd pumpkin 3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 990
whoa! Flying Crying Moo :D

okay chunkyb, we're waiting!

Originally posted by chunkyb
CryingMoo, you scammer!!

www.cheznancy.com

hehe. I'm glad that you didn't pick up oh the technicality... you said you'd be the 9th person to post a pic.... and I'm only 1 person after all. :p :p :p

However as I read this forum, I feel like my chances of getting in pharmacy school are slim, poor and none.You all are very intelligent, much probs to all of you.

Don't buy into that crap for a second. You'll get in. You're already doing the right thing by getting involved in research. Try and secure a leadership position if you're not applying till later on. A lot of schools put a lot of weight on extra-currics. I know ucsf definitely does. Come up with a personal statement that really expresses articulately your goals and reasoning.

I also don't think you're getting a fair sampe of the applicant pool. My GPA wasn't even close to UCSF's average incoming student and was accepted bc i had a lot of experience and busted a$% on my personal statement.

YOU WILL GET IN

You just gotta work smart.