Let's help update the ARRO key paper list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clintpark

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two consecutive years of heavy reference to EORTC extensive stage SCLC PCI paper in the in-service made me wonder whether we should help update the ARRO key paper list. http://www.arro.org/resources/key_papers/

Please add only what you think are seminal, practice changing papers. I'll start.

EORTC Slotman et al. Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation in Extensive Small-Cell Lung Cancer. NEJM 357(7): 664-672, 2007

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Clint,

Agree that key paper list is becoming outdated, but the WikiBook has quickly made itself far more relevant. I think most key papers are on there, and its organized well. I go to it so often - the sections are updated pretty frequently and I commonly find useful articles that we don't discuss about in conference.

If anything, supplementing the WikiBook with ports and the common cases from oral boards would be a more worthy venture. Also, getting the clinical recalls somehow on there would be great, too.

-S

I am also very fond of the Wikibook.
Does anyone know how I can download the WHOLE book so I can read it offline as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can we tack on a link to the wikibook?

Does anyone know how I can download the WHOLE book so I can read it offline as well?

There is no easy way that I know of to get the whole wikibook in HTML format. So far, you have to download each page individually, and since there are hundreds of pages, it can be a real pain. (Note, you can D/L the entire WikiPEDIA website in HTML format, but they haven't enabled this functionality for wikibooks, nor for specific books within the site.)

To get a list of all the pages, use this link: http://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php...=RadiationOncology&to=Radiation+Z&namespace=0

It is possible to download the entire wikibook in XML (just go to Special:Export). This isn't very useful unless you're running your own copy of MediaWiki locally. You can read the XML dump with any XML reader, but it will lack the Wiki formatting.

Wikibooks allows you to download PDF versions of each page (again, page by page). It's somewhat useful if all you want to do is read, but the formatting gets screwed up for some of the pages (such as the Main table of contents page), and the PDFs don't preserve the URL links. Plus each document contains a couple of pages of legal B.S. at the end, which is sort of a buzz kill.

Simul,
I agree with you.

Brim,
Thank you very much for spearheading the massive wikibook project!