Let the games begin...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indiamacbean

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are you guys handling contacting programs? What are you doing when programs contact you and want to know where you're ranking them or offering implied you scratch our back and we'll scratch yours in the match. Seems important to field these calls/emails just not sure on the best way. dishonesty seems bad for a number of reasons not the lease because it is is dishonest. thoughts? this only seems to be picking up.

Members don't see this ad.

hey macbean, good to see you on here (i'm almost positive we met on the interview trail).

i'm just being honest with the contacts i get, regardless of the situation.

hope you're doing well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have only spoken to 1 program director and haven't sent out emails in awhile. Procrastinating because I can't make up my mind, but plan to contact my top couple of choices via phone and/or email in the next few days. I don't plan on contacting anyone below my 3rd or maybe 4th choice.

1. Has anyone received reply message from the program directors on ranking email?

2. Does PDs usually reply?

3. I understand it's hard to predict (even 1 interview call can make the difference). Realistically, how many Interview calls can make the difference and place us in a comfort zone in the match with all probablity and combinations? Just curios.....

Thanks in advance.

Best of Luck!

Hey IndiaMacbean, did you end up taking the spot from CPMC?

not me. I withdrew from there.