LECOM SH Interview Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazybutt26

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got an interview invite from LECOM SH that I am very excited about! But I would like to know if there is any information that I can know in advance so I can prepare myself for the interview. If anyone here previously interviewed at LECOM SH and can share the experience, that would be great. The only thing I know is LECOM does group interviews..I frankly do not know what that entails. Is that with other interviewees? What do they talk about as a group? I am very shy and personally would not prefer that, but it is what it is. I bet they're testing to see if I can be a good team player, but if I don't have anything to add to the discussion, could I not say anything?(which probably does not look good). If it's a group interview, how would the admission committee evaluate a candidate as an individual? Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I am very very shy and introverted and have had something comparable to what i have heard group interviews to be like in a speech class in uni. My advice is if you can't think of anything to say be a really good listener. Hopefully you will catch something that clicks and then you can basically piggyback off of the responses of others. Don't interrupt or outright repeat obviously. But you can essentially utilize the thoughtstrings of others more confident in responding so that you appear a contributing part of the discussion.

Reactions: 1 user
I did not interview at LECOM; however, yes a group interview would be with multiple people being interviewed. I had an experience like this at KCU where there was individual and group interviews. VERY IMPORTANT, not saying anything during an interview will be bad, like you will not get in. during the interview try to find any connection to what is being asked/said, you are a premed like all the other premeds there, you have to have something in common (like you took biology, shadowed, took the MCAT) just find something. Also very important, stay relaxed, be polite, make eye contact, and be yourself. At many schools, once you get to the interview, its up to the interview whether you will be accepted or not. Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
didnt interview at LECOM, but for group interviews try to reference your other interviewee's responses in yours. Also pay attention to whats being said, dont zone out, and eye contact.

I interviewed there a few years ago and it was seriously the most chill interview I had anywhere.

Typical generic questions you get anywhere with no crazy tricks or challenge questions that other places ask just to watch you squirm. It does force you to be less generic though. You don’t want to be the 4th person who goes “whole person, holistic blah blah blah”. You have to be genuine.

Also, instead of a forced awkward lunch making small talk with other applicants you don’t really know, they acknowledge that you probably have a plane to catch and bag your lunch for you.

I am very very shy and introverted and have had something comparable to what i have heard group interviews to be like in a speech class in uni. My advice is if you can't think of anything to say be a really good listener. Hopefully you will catch something that clicks and then you can basically piggyback off of the responses of others. Don't interrupt or outright repeat obviously. But you can essentially utilize the thoughtstrings of others more confident in responding so that you appear a contributing part of the discussion.

OMG I am very shy too especially in a group of people that I just met or don't know. If I had interactions with the people in the past, I would absolutely have no problem contributing to the group conversation, but when I have to in the group of strangers, I don't know how to act. Thanks for your advice. I guess I will have to piggyback off of someone's and at least try

I did not interview at LECOM; however, yes a group interview would be with multiple people being interviewed. I had an experience like this at KCU where there was individual and group interviews. VERY IMPORTANT, not saying anything during an interview will be bad, like you will not get in. during the interview try to find any connection to what is being asked/said, you are a premed like all the other premeds there, you have to have something in common (like you took biology, shadowed, took the MCAT) just find something. Also very important, stay relaxed, be polite, make eye contact, and be yourself. At many schools, once you get to the interview, its up to the interview whether you will be accepted or not. Best of luck to you!

Thanks! I will definitely try to contribute to the group discussion

didnt interview at LECOM, but for group interviews try to reference your other interviewee's responses in yours. Also pay attention to whats being said, dont zone out, and eye contact.
I interviewed there a few years ago and it was seriously the most chill interview I had anywhere.

Typical generic questions you get anywhere with no crazy tricks or challenge questions that other places ask just to watch you squirm. It does force you to be less generic though. You don’t want to be the 4th person who goes “whole person, holistic blah blah blah”. You have to be genuine.

Also, instead of a forced awkward lunch making small talk with other applicants you don’t really know, they acknowledge that you probably have a plane to catch and bag your lunch for you.

Thank you for your response. Good to know that that's the environment. I don't know why I am particularly nervous about the group interviews, probably because I am an introvert and don't like saying things in front of strangers. I am gonna have to well prepare for the interview for sure. Can you remember the type of questions that they asked? I heard from someone else who interviewed at LECOM also that there were a couple of generic questions such as why DO etc. But there were other questions that pushed the envelope a little such as your opinions on universal healthcare and other political/medical issues. Good to know that they also pack a lunch! I heard from the school that the interview will last from 8 am to 2:30 pm and the lunch will be provided there with a chance to meet with current medical students to ask them about the school curriculum or culture.
What time did your interview end? Do you remember?

Thank you for your response. Good to know that that's the environment. I don't know why I am particularly nervous about the group interviews, probably because I am an introvert and don't like saying things in front of strangers. I am gonna have to well prepare for the interview for sure. Can you remember the type of questions that they asked? I heard from someone else who interviewed at LECOM also that there were a couple of generic questions such as why DO etc. But there were other questions that pushed the envelope a little such as your opinions on universal healthcare and other political/medical issues. Good to know that they also pack a lunch! I heard from the school that the interview will last from 8 am to 2:30 pm and the lunch will be provided there with a chance to meet with current medical students to ask them about the school curriculum or culture.
Sorry but it was a couple years ago and I don’t remember more specifically.

I interviewed there last cycle and they only had time for around 5 questions I think. The only unique question I remember is "what was the last book you read." The other questions were just the generic interview questions.

Oh nic
I interviewed there last cycle and they only had time for around 5 questions I think. The only unique question I remember is "what was the last book you read." The other questions were just the generic interview questions.
[/QUOTE

Oh nice. Thanks for your response good to know!