LECOM Post-Bacc 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes, mine had changed to that as well. i had received the acceptance letter a week later. maybe you guys will get some good news in the mail. :thumbup:
You got yours a week later? Where do you live? It has been almost 3 weeks now and I've not gotten anything in the mail. I'm so nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

You got yours a week later? Where do you live? It has been almost 3 weeks now and I've not gotten anything in the mail. I'm so nervous.

erie is the northwest corner of PA and i'm on the south east corner of PA. :thumbup:

i also applied early in the cycle - back in march.

I wonder how full the class is at this point. Hoping the best for everyone who applied and is waiting to hear back!

Members don't see this ad :)
erie is the northwest corner of PA and i'm on the south east corner of PA. :thumbup:

i also applied early in the cycle - back in march.
That makes sense. I'm all the way in TX and I applied in May. Hopefully I'll hear something this week.

I wonder how full the class is at this point. Hoping the best for everyone who applied and is waiting to hear back!
Hey, forgot to ask, do you mind sharing your stats?

nothing incredible 3.5/3.5 highest MCAT was a 27 + research and all of that typical pre-med stuff. Fingers remained crossed!

Last edited:
nothing incredible 3.5/3.5 highest MCAT was a 27 + research and all of that typical pre-med stuff. Fingers remained crossed!
You have nice stats. Similar to mine aside from the MCAT. I'm still hoping for good news.

Anyone willing to share their stats if they got in with borderline numbers?

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity how many people out of the 73 ended up getting through the program with the 3.0 and 23+MCAT?

Anyone hear back yet? I'm not far from Erie and I still haven't received anything! SNAIL MAIL

WizardFan...i was just wondering if you applied to med school for the 12-13 cycle? You have very competitive stats. Not trying to single you out man just curious.

Welp, just got my rejection letter. Thankfully I got into Wayne States BMS so at least I had a back up option. Good luck to everyone else!

Welp, just got my rejection letter. Thankfully I got into Wayne States BMS so at least I had a back up option. Good luck to everyone else!
Wow. So sorry about that. If you don't mind, could you share your stats? Goodluck at Wayne State.

That makes sense. I'm all the way in TX and I applied in May. Hopefully I'll hear something this week.

I also live in Texas and received my acceptance letter about 3 weeks after all of the required documents were there in May. 3.0/3.0 25 MCAT. Sent you a PM, Mugzy.

Oh wow. I would think they'd let you in since you had such a high MCAT score.

I also live in Texas and received my acceptance letter about 3 weeks after all of the required documents were there in May. 3.0/3.0 25 MCAT. Sent you a PM, Mugzy.
Got your PM. When in May did it say that all your things were in? This Wednesday would make it 3 weeks since my status changed so in hoping there is something waiting for me in the mail at home. Lol
I got your PM and replied.

I did not apply this past cycle. I was in a pretty unique situation but I'm glad that Erie gave me a chance. Looking fwd to this program and hopefully medical school next fall.

I did not apply this past cycle. I was in a pretty unique situation but I'm glad that Erie gave me a chance. Looking fwd to this program and hopefully medical school next fall.
Congratulations. So glad to hear that you got good news b

I did not get into the program.. feeling pretty terrible since this was my first choice given my current stats. I applied mid May and received my rejection on Saturday.

3.1 cum, 2.9 sci, 23 MCAT (8B, 6P, 9V) very strong ECs, shadowing, etc.

if any one has any advice, I'm sincerely open ears.

I wish everyone who got in the best of luck, some of you had very solid stats.

:(
So sorry to hear that. I hope your plan B works out.

Is anyone still waiting for their letter? I am getting really nervous and scared, especially with people getting rejections lately.

I did not get into the program.. feeling pretty terrible since this was my first choice given my current stats. I applied mid May and received my rejection on Saturday.

3.1 cum, 2.9 sci, 23 MCAT (8B, 6P, 9V) very strong ECs, shadowing, etc.

if any one has any advice, I'm sincerely open ears.

I wish everyone who got in the best of luck, some of you had very solid stats.

:(
So sorry to hear that. I hope your plan B works out.

Is anyone still waiting for their letter? I am getting really nervous and scared, especially with people getting rejections lately.

I was accepted a while back to LECOM's Post-Bacc and have been lurking on the forum. I totally understand how those of you are waiting must feel, so I thought I would post my stats to hopefully boost your spirits. I have been wait listed at a single DO school (albeit I only applied to about a dozen). After being wait listed, I applied to a few SMP programs and got wait listed by 1, rejected by 1, and accepted by 2. So if there is hope for me, there is hope for you :)

GPA: c3.2, s2.9 (I wasn't quite sure how to evaluate this since I am a science major but this is based strictly on pre-med requirements)
MCAT: 27s
ECs: i think had a really good list of medical, research, and other outside activities when compared to my peers (I finish up my undergrad this week)

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible this fall :)

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email from Jamie saying my letter was returned to him. Ha!! This doesn't sound so good. Lol

Anyone still waiting on their letter? It is taking way too long for me to get mine. Jamie said he sent it out again on Tuesday after the initial one returned to him. Ugh! This is frustrating.

Anyone still waiting on their letter? It is taking way too long for me to get mine. Jamie said he sent it out again on Tuesday after the initial one returned to him. Ugh! This is frustrating.

i'm rooting for ya. let me know how it goes. :thumbup:

I was not accepted into the post back program. Kinda sucks cause I really liked LECOM but I got into Touro and that's where I'll be going. Wish you all the very best in all that you set out to do. God bless.

I got into Touro and that's where I'll be going. Wish you all the very best in all that you set out to do. God bless.

thank you so much! congratulations on touro. if there is a will, there is a way. i'm sure all this will pay off.

Hello, I completed the post bacc last year and will be attending LECOM-Seton Hill. If anyone has questions send me a private message.

I was accepted to the post-back program a few months ago. I am really excited to meet all of you.

I know most of us are all sort of new to the area but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of nice 2 bedroom apartments my wife and I could rent.

We are from Wisconsin, so it really makes "apt shopping" fairly difficult.

Thanks for the help in advance. :)

Does anyone know how the studio apartments are at laurel springs? Are they really small? I'm not claustrophobic but I have a feeling that after living there for a few months I might get tired of it. I'm going to go tour it next month. Also if anyone who lives in that apartment complex can share some details would be great.

Just found out I got into the LECOM post bac program and trying to decide between there and Drexel's MSP. I know LECOM has the guarantee and is only 1 year and Drexel's is 2 years without a guarantee but does anyone think Drexel might still be a better option for someone who wants to keep the option to specialize open?

Thank you for any response and PM me if you want.

Hi, congrats on the admission
Call michelle
814-449-3359
Holland near E. 38th just about 3 miles from campus
duplex allows pets
two bedroom with basement and w/d hook ups.

I just posted a reply for a duplex. I personally was going to rent it but then got a duplex just across from campus. The area is good, there is two spaces for a vehicle, you will have to shovel snow in the winter. Call her ASAP. She goes on vacation next week. She is in the process of painting and redoing all plumbing in the duplex.

Just found out I got into the LECOM post bac program and trying to decide between there and Drexel's MSP. I know LECOM has the guarantee and is only 1 year and Drexel's is 2 years without a guarantee but does anyone think Drexel might still be a better option for someone who wants to keep the option to specialize open?

Thank you for any response and PM me if you want.
No, you can specialize if you go to LECOM. There is a higher chance for example to do Orthopedics. LECOM has 30 out of the 90 residency spots for the DO in the whole country. Also they were just ranked no. 1 by the AOA for Orthopedics..... While LECOM does have a lot of students who do PCP, there are also those who do specialize. One of the reasons why this is, is because LECOM offers a three year program just for PCP's.

I just posted a reply for a duplex. I personally was going to rent it but then got a duplex just across from campus. The area is good, there is two spaces for a vehicle, you will have to shovel snow in the winter. Call her ASAP. She goes on vacation next week. She is in the process of painting and redoing all plumbing in the duplex.
Also, rent is only $575 with a pet!!! A LOT cheaper than other places.

Hi, congrats on the admission
Call michelle
814-449-3359
Holland near E. 38th just about 3 miles from campus
duplex allows pets
two bedroom with basement and w/d hook ups.
Also, if you can't get the duplex with Michelle, I have another contact I can send your way. It is also on Holland, an upper two bedroom apt, a little more expensive $685/month. Let me know if you speak with her... tell her that you were referred to her by me and we just saw it and liked it. Trust me it is a steal!!

Hey all,

I am moving to Erie in August to start the Post Bacc in Sept.

I am not from the area, and therefore having some difficulty finding a place to rent in a nice area. I was just wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate?

If you could give me some feedback that would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremiah

Hey all,

I am moving to Erie in August to start the Post Bacc in Sept.

I am not from the area, and therefore having some difficulty finding a place to rent in a nice area. I was just wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate?

If you could give me some feedback that would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremiah

Hi Jeremiah!
I am starting post bac with you in September!! I saw some posts on craigslist for roommates. But you may have better luck with asking the school about housing. Call the school and ask if they have any info about people looking for roommates. Also the school owns housing near by. You may want to find out how you could get into that housing if no one has listed a roommate request with the school.
If you can afford it there are some cheaper apartments and townhouses close by 575 to 685

I'm applying to LECOM and 3 SMPs. LECOM would be my first choice, however. I had a few questions for the thread though.

1) Do LECOM's classes get factored into your undergraduate or graduate GPA?
2) Is a 3.3 cGPA and 3.2 sGPA good enough to be accepted?
3) How expensive are living prices in Brandenton, FL?
4) When is the application actually due to be accepted in fall 2014?

When does the application usually open? I want to start fall 2014.