LECOM Post Bacc 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ALSO, does anyone else (who has not been accepted yet) have access to the "Bookstore", "Financial Aid" and "My Pages" tab?

I believe they just popped up today.. not sure if they have always been there or if I have just never noticed.

Unfortunately those have always been there for me so I don't think it a sign of good news. I would just tell yourself mentally that you will know in 4 weeks, that isn't that long and you will almost undoubtably know by then... At least that's what I'm doing I have been under review a month!

Could you please give me Jamie's email? I have some questions I need to ask also

Members don't see this ad.

I'm spot on with those statistics too. Hopefully all goes well for us.. still waiting for my portal to change from 'under review' to 'a decision has been made.' I emailed Jamie about this and he said it would change soon.. so anxious! I actually feel like its kind of late in the cycle for some reason - I wish we knew how many are currently accepted/what their stats are but no one seems to be posting. Oh well.

Do you guys know if they meet a certain day of the week to make these decisions/day of the month? Maybe I just happened to apply right after they had already met.

With stats like that I would say you would have a decent shot at direct admission into a lecom DO even and that admission into the post bac can never be a sure thing but I don't think it's a long shot by any means. But I know the feeling I just want someone to tell me I'm accepted haha

I think this is ridiculous and I will keep emailing them if the status does not change by next week. Who knew one could get waitlisted at Post-Bac.

Anyway, here is Jamie's info:

Jamie Murphy (Mr.)
Admissions Counselor
LECOM
814-866-8117
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
You were wait listed? Or we're you talking about the fact that your status has been under review? I'm half attempted to shoot them an email and see how much of the class is full already just to get a sense of the turn out.

Today it changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

For those who know has anyone been rejected with this? I have only seen acceptances with this phrase, however, probably because no one posts after they have been rejected. I know that the DO program had 2 separate notifications which indicated either acceptance or rejection.

Nervous, but expecting the worst.

Last edited:
Don't worry. It will probably come sooner than the 30 days. Hope you get in!

I am wondering if anybody knows:
*what are the courses that you would take in this post bac?
*How many folks applied last year?
*How many spots are filled this year?
I might apply!

I am in such a limbo! I am still waiting for my DO application for LECOM this year to get out of the "under review" status. Still no interview and no rejection. Unfortunately, the worst part is that even though my post bacc application is submitted, they will not consider it until a decision has been made on my DO app for this year. Nerve wrecking! Hopefully by the time the decision is made, post bacc wont be a gonner! Man oh man, I am soooo stressed out :confused:

Does anyone know if a 2.7 with a 31R has a chance for this program?

Thanks for the answers! I couldn't find those links earlier, but I did finally! Thanks for wishing me good luck and congrats on your acceptance!

Thanks for the answers! I couldn't find those links earlier, but I did finally! Thanks for wishing me good luck and congrats on your acceptance!

Webpage is not the most user-friendly ever created. The school catalog also has good information.

Attachments

• 2011-2012Student_Catalog_Revised_12-27-11.pdf
    850.9 KB · Views: 156
Webpage is not the most user-friendly ever created. The school catalog also has good information.

Good call, not the most user friendly. That school catalog is not the most printer friendly either!!! If I am accepted, I'll rip into that beast!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone I am new to this feed, I have applied to LECOM's (DO) program and am waiting on the verdict. If I do not get an interview/acceptance I will be applying to the post bach program! I was just wondering you guys were saying you already applied and are hearing back already. Do you think I should just apply now so if I do not get into the DO school I will have a better shot of getting into the Post bach program?

My understanding is that you cannot apply to the Post-Bac program until the DO school has made a decision on your application. Therefore, you have to wait until you hear back.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck on your application!

My understanding is that you cannot apply to the Post-Bac program until the DO school has made a decision on your application. Therefore, you have to wait until you hear back.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck on your application!
Yes. I did read that somewhere and believe you are correct.

My status was updated to "a decision has been made..." about 12 days ago. Still havent received anything in the mail, assuming dr.cuttlefish hasn't either???

My status was updated to "a decision has been made..." about 12 days ago. Still havent received anything in the mail, assuming dr.cuttlefish hasn't either???

Well...18 to go :D. Waiting sucks, the second mine changed I was ready to get the letter.

Fingers crossed for everyone - be sure to post if you get yours!

Last edited:
ACCEPTED! cant believe it! if i can get accepted.. anyone can.. lol

yay!

Congrats! I applying here in 2 weeks and I really hope its not too late. I need this program.

ACCEPTED! cant believe it! if i can get accepted.. anyone can.. lol

yay!

hey! just wondering. when did you apply? and about for how long did your status say "application under review" before it changed and before you found out you got accepted? and would you mind sharing your stats?
CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSS btw!!!! hopefully we'll be classmates next year...

Last edited:
I applied on Jan 10th and my application went right to "under review" immediately. The portal changed to "a decision has been made" on Feb 17th, and I received my letter in the mail today Mar 1st!

Thanks! I hope to see you guys there!!

I applied on Jan 10th and my application went right to "under review" immediately. The portal changed to "a decision has been made" on Feb 17th, and I received my letter in the mail today Mar 1st!

Thanks! I hope to see you guys there!!

Same timeline here except I'm out in California so hopefully a letter will arrive soon.

I applied late January and my application changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision...." just yesterday (Feb 29th) so I am waiting to get a letter! I wish they would just "rip off the band-aid" and post the acceptances/rejections online haha waiting for it in the mail is so stressfull

got my acceptance in the mail today. Took 14 days from status change.

Dr. Cuttlefish - I was rooting for you...so glad you got in!

Thanks Bisbee! So, have you decided to skip the post-bac and concentrate on the MCAT or continue applying for the post-bac? I was looking through the tread and couldnt find it.

I also noticed someone told you that you had to have the MCAT taken for the post-bac application - I know thats not the case, but I have heard its impossible to study for the MCAT and do the post-bac at the same time.

Hey all, I got into the program last week and was looking to connect with some future fellow students. Looking forward to seeing everyone this fall.

Thanks Bisbee! So, have you decided to skip the post-bac and concentrate on the MCAT or continue applying for the post-bac? I was looking through the tread and couldnt find it.

I also noticed someone told you that you had to have the MCAT taken for the post-bac application - I know thats not the case, but I have heard its impossible to study for the MCAT and do the post-bac at the same time.

Well, I finally emailed Jamie Murphy in admissions about my situation, and he did confirm that I would need to take the MCAT and have scores submitted before they could give me an official acceptance into the post-bac. Apparently you can RETAKE the MCAT while enrolled in the post-bac, but you need to have original scores submitted with the post-bac application. Since I have not yet taken the MCAT, I am studying like a maniac for it. It's hard, though, because I haven't taken those courses in a long time. I have not registered for a date to take the MCAT yet because I don't have a good feel for when I'll be ready. I am currently leaning towards applying to LECOM medical program directly without doing the post-bac. People have told me that, since my GPA is high, I might actually damage my GPA by attending the post-bac! That sounds so scary to me! It seems that those who have lower GPA's and decent MCAT scores are the perfect candidates for the post-bac (opposite of me...high GPA and NO MCAT scores as yet). One person advised me that, instead of spending all that money on the post-bac, I should study my brain out for the MCAT so that with my GPA and MCAT I would be a good candidate for admission. Then, if I am not admitted in my first application cycle, I would do the post-bac since it does seem to be an almost "guaranteed" way to get into the med school program. I think that's where my thoughts are at this point. Though it puts me in limbo because it would be so nice to have a post-bac acceptance and have that "guarantee" (depending on grades in post-bac, of course) which you have in your hand right now. I've been following your posts and am so happy for you to be accepted! I'm sure you will do great and be in med school for the class of 2017!

Hey all, I got into the program last week and was looking to connect with some future fellow students. Looking forward to seeing everyone this fall.

Decided. Sent in my $50, I'll be rollin' out to Erie come August.

Bisbee, I wasn't aware of that requirement! Thank you for letting me know so that I can be more informed in future posts for others!

Yes, it definitely does sound like the program is more meant for those who have lower gpa's and I would agree that this program might hurt your gpa. You have such a high gpa! Good luck on studying for your MCAT, I'm sure with practice you will do quite well. Honestly, with a gpa that high and a decent MCAT score I don't see why you wouldn't be competitive! I hope to see you in the class of 2017! (even if it isn't at LECOM).

The guaranteed acceptance if you get above a 3.0 (and 23 MCAT) is fantastic and gives students something set in stone to work towards rather than "good grades" and a "good MCAT." I think I will do well with set goals in place.. hopefully. Thank you for your support!

Congrats Kinetic MD! Can't wait to meet you, and thecgrblue in the fall!

I still haven't sent in my money yet.. a little confused on the roommate list. Could someone tell me more about this roommate list? How does it work? Basically, do we just get added to some list with our information and people contact us about rooming together or something else? Sorry for the questions - Just confused!

Also, has anyone heard about a Facebook group yet for this class? Thinking about making one closer to the time classes start.

I checked my status and it said a decision was made about my application and I should be receiving a letter in abut 30 days. I'm crossing my fingers it's an acceptance. I'll keep you guys posted

Hey everyone, just got my acceptance today, it actually came really quickly (about 7 days)... I'm planning on sending in the deposit and I'm looking forward to next year... Good luck to everyone waiting for letters! :)

Congrats Kinetic MD! Can't wait to meet you, and thecgrblue in the fall!

I still haven't sent in my money yet.. a little confused on the roommate list. Could someone tell me more about this roommate list? How does it work? Basically, do we just get added to some list with our information and people contact us about rooming together or something else? Sorry for the questions - Just confused!

Also, has anyone heard about a Facebook group yet for this class? Thinking about making one closer to the time classes start.

Where did you find out about the roomate list? I'm interested in it, but have not heard anything about this..

Bisbee, I wasn't aware of that requirement! Thank you for letting me know so that I can be more informed in future posts for others!

Yes, it definitely does sound like the program is more meant for those who have lower gpa's and I would agree that this program might hurt your gpa. You have such a high gpa! Good luck on studying for your MCAT, I'm sure with practice you will do quite well. Honestly, with a gpa that high and a decent MCAT score I don't see why you wouldn't be competitive! I hope to see you in the class of 2017! (even if it isn't at LECOM).

The guaranteed acceptance if you get above a 3.0 (and 23 MCAT) is fantastic and gives students something set in stone to work towards rather than "good grades" and a "good MCAT." I think I will do well with set goals in place.. hopefully. Thank you for your support!

At this point LECOM is my #1 choice, so I do hope to make it into the class of 2017 and have all of you post-bacc folks as classmates! I just think there are so many great things about LECOM--the choice of different learning pathways, the high board scores, the great tuition. Also, for me, it's in a good location as far as being relatively close to home (trip home for a weekend or whatever). Good luck with the post-bacc!

I heard about it before, while looking on the LECOM portal, but on in the acceptance letter it asked if i wanted to be put on the 'roommate list' but thats about all the information they gave me about it!

hey everyone, I'm new to SDN.
Got my acceptance to LECOM Post-bac last night, still undecided but I'm most likely going. Just wanted to see who else was going and congrats to all who are in already

Yeah, after I asked I ended up seeing that second form the next day.... I must have been excited and just read the letter that said I was accepted, because I hadn't even noticed the second page hahaha

I submitted my app about a month ago and just recently it was changed to a decision has been made...

Just wondering about the conditional acceptance. My GPA is about a 3.2 but Science GPA is probably around a 2.5 with a lot of C's and C+s. MCAT sort of compensates. If I do well in the program and meet the requirements, will they accept me even with my poor GPA? Thanks!

(I am weighing this vs Caribbean schools for 2012 as well.)

Do you mean your Post-Bac GPA or your undegrad GPA?

If you meet the requirements for the Post-Bac (23 MCAT and 3.0 IN program-at the end of the program) you will be accepted to LECOM's DO school (unless you give them a different reason not to accept you). That being said, I'm not sure how much your undegrad GPA would *really* matter at that point, if you complete the requirements. I think of this as a if you get a 3.0 and 23+ MCAT you should be good to go (unless you know, you get arrested for something ridiculous or you have caused a ruckus at LECOM).

Hope this helped - Good luck - let us know!

I just submitted all the material now ... is it too late or do I have a shot? my scores and gpa are ok