This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for your reply! I'm going med. I am asking due to financial reasons, yeah. My girlfriend and I want to be prepared as possible before June, that's why I ask.
Ah ok! Ya for Med you need the best GPA possible, and having even a part time job will take away from that.

If you contact the financial aid office they could probably help you better than I, but I know several people took federal grad plus loans, which cover all the costs associated with the program, and that might even include living expenses if I remember correctly. 1 extra year of loans is worth it if it means you can focus on your studies and get into medical school.

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question. I am applying to this program and the application is asking me if I took the SAT/ACT. I know I took these in high school, but that was a while ago and I no longer have those scores. Should I just say I didn't take them? Do I have to call them about this or does it matter?

Quick question. I am applying to this program and the application is asking me if I took the SAT/ACT. I know I took these in high school, but that was a while ago and I no longer have those scores. Should I just say I didn't take them? Do I have to call them about this or does it matter?
If you have an MCAT score, you can use that in its place. I think on the app I wrote that I did have SAT scores but I didn't enter them because I didn't want to pay collegeboard $300.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh I see thanks guys for the quick replies. Hopefully, the letter will come soon ! I submitted my app on 5/1 and they processed it the 5/2 and made the decision
how is that possible? did you apply through accomas?

do you guys know if they use grade replacement for GPA calculation

my application asks for displinary action form and waiver access form ? did you guys have those forms too? where can i find them

nobody responds to my emails.... its really annoying

Thank you I emailed them and I was accepted just waiting to get the actual letter in the mail!! I have been looking but I have not seen the actual date the program starts, can anyone let me know?

who did you email harrell solomon? or someone else

If you have an MCAT score, you can use that in its place. I think on the app I wrote that I did have SAT scores but I didn't enter them because I didn't want to pay collegeboard $300.

it only costs 47 dollars for collegeboard to archive mine btw

what gpa does everyone whose currently in the program have??? Like 3.5s ???

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted and have a few questions! How is LECOM as a school? So I know that if you have a 3.0 you are guaranteed an interview to enter the upcoming class for that same year. Does that mean the MCAT does not factor in, because I got a 496 and plan on taking it again, but if I don’t need to then I won’t. However, if I do have to take it I would be studying during the summer and plan on taking it in August/September. How is the summer term workload and would it be manageable to do this program and study for the MCAT?

I just got accepted and have a few questions! How is LECOM as a school? So I know that if you have a 3.0 you are guaranteed an interview to enter the upcoming class for that same year. Does that mean the MCAT does not factor in, because I got a 496 and plan on taking it again, but if I don’t need to then I won’t. However, if I do have to take it I would be studying during the summer and plan on taking it in August/September. How is the summer term workload and would it be manageable to do this program and study for the MCAT?
If you are good enough to be accepted into the program, that means your GPA and MCAT or SAT score is good enough for you to be offered admission into the DO program once you finish the MMS program at a high level and do well in your anticipated interview.

can anyone attest to how strong the linkage is for the DO program

does anybody have course syllabus from last year or course schedules

can someone explain to me what student led courses are? which courses are student led? and how does that work i read on a previous thread that people find that not helpful

can someone explain to me what student led courses are? which courses are student led? and how does that work i read on a previous thread that people find that not helpful

Student led courses are pretty much the course material is taught by the students via group PowerPoint presentations. Current student led courses in the masters program include: Introduction to Research, Epidemiology, and Pathology. For example in pathology a group chooses a category (e.g infectious disease) and each member of the group makes a PowerPoint about diseases/topics that would fall into the category and present them to the class.

do you guys feel like they treat you like medical students or like undergrad. like do mms students get treated well

the program starts with 75 people and turns to 63 because people apply out and leave for other medical schools

Most of the people in our class who left got accepted into other medical schools.

yeah that's what i figured... I will be applying to other medical schools I think also while I'm at this program but I like PBL a lot

Student led courses are pretty much the course material is taught by the students via group PowerPoint presentations. Current student led courses in the masters program include: Introduction to Research, Epidemiology, and Pathology. For example in pathology a group chooses a category (e.g infectious disease) and each member of the group makes a PowerPoint about diseases/topics that would fall into the category and present them to the class.

yeah my friend in the program talked about this

Has anyone heard of the start date being pushed from June 11th to July 9th?

Has anyone heard of the start date being pushed from June 11th to July 9th?

yeah someone posted that on the facebook page and he screenshotted a convo he had with hal solomon confirming this

hey guys does anybody have problem gettign federal loans? do they do a credit check on that and does it matter if you already have loans? or no because its federal and no private. also does anybody know the max that were allowed to take out in graduate plus loans

do they do a credit check for federal loans?? or federal plus loans

Hey guys,

So I just applied today. I have like a 3.27 overall, 2.9 math/sci, 501 MCAT with one year research and various shadowing hours and variety of volunteer hours. This late into the application cycle do you guys think I still have a chance?

Hey guys,

So I just applied today. I have like a 3.27 overall, 2.9 math/sci, 501 MCAT with one year research and various shadowing hours and variety of volunteer hours. This late into the application cycle do you guys think I still have a chance?
I think you have a chance. Your stats are good.

Okay! So someone told me that there are gators around campus. Is this an actual thing?

how old is everybody in the program? 21? 27? 40?

does anybody in the current cycle have old schedules or old syllabi

so is class attendance mandatory in the program ??

"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made regarding your application. The Admissions Committee will meet to review your application every 30 days; you will be notified if there is a change in their decision at that time."
Has anyone received this on the portal and then gotten accepted? This worries me...

"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made regarding your application. The Admissions Committee will meet to review your application every 30 days; you will be notified if there is a change in their decision at that time."
Has anyone received this on the portal and then gotten accepted? This worries me...

Did you get in?

Damn. Applying tomorrow with mediocre stats (cgpa 3.07 and GRE above 60th percentile). Who knows what will happen.