LECOM-Erie Pharmacy Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepharmpsu2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wasn't able to find a thread for people applying to LECOM-Erie for pharmacy school for Fall 2012. This is my top choice school and I'm really anxious to hear from other applicants! Please share your stats and/or any contact you've had with the school!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied also and have been waiting for their supplemental invite. I kept checking my grades to see if I fit their minimum requirement as they have not sent me any emails. I called them and asked about the upcoming Fall 2012 applicants and they said they have no begun processing any applications yet since they barely sat the 2011 class. They said the process should begin in September so students should start receiving notice in September.

This is the only information I obtained last week, hopefully everyone is in the same boat.:rolleyes:

Supplemental application login & username received via email 5 mins ago.

FYI

Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine today too...Where exactly do you go to do your supplemental? I can't find the "the blue Applicant Pharm.D. Bradenton link on the left side of the page".

Supplemental application login & username received via email 5 mins ago.

FYI

Hey guys,

I think they just started processing so I'd give them a day or two before anything goes live. When I talked to them, it doesn't seem like their admissions is ready for applications to start submitting until near October so we are way ahead of the game. FYI, I do not have the blue PharmD applicant link as well.

My PharmCAS was mailed out July 28th.

I got mine today too...Where exactly do you go to do your supplemental? I can't find the "the blue Applicant Pharm.D. Bradenton link on the left side of the page".

Yeah, I cant find it neither. I am planning to call tomorrow.

It's available now. No supplemental/essay questions required.

Good luck everyone!

I assume everyone is just going to submit the applications right away since there are no essay questions.

The information does mentioned they will not start reviewing until starting October 1st. So for those wondering why they haven't hear back after they submit, maybe that's why. :thumbup:

For those applying to the Bradenton campus:

I just submitted my supplemental and I got an email saying:
We received your supplemental application for the Bradenton Campus School of Pharmacy .

but on the lecom portal next to the supplemental link (the blue color one) it says " in progress" b/c I accidently clicked on it again.

Should I worry?

For those applying to the Bradenton campus:

I just submitted my supplemental and I got an email saying:
We received your supplemental application for the Bradenton Campus School of Pharmacy .

but on the lecom portal next to the supplemental link (the blue color one) it says " in progress" b/c I accidently clicked on it again.

Should I worry?

that happened to me too, I think the portal just doesnt show whether you are submitted or not. If you have paid and it emailed you receipt, I wouldn't worry about it.

EDITED: directly from their email after submitting - "Your Admission Status portal will NOT show that your application has been received UNTIL we process it into our system. Please do not complete another application"

Weird that only Erie campus sent me that email but not Bradenton.

I wasn't able to find a thread for people applying to LECOM-Erie for pharmacy school for Fall 2012. This is my top choice school and I'm really anxious to hear from other applicants! Please share your stats and/or any contact you've had with the school!

LEOME is ypur first choice ????????? Wow, they were my tenth choice when i applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
LEOME is ypur first choice ????????? Wow, they were my tenth choice when i applied.

Haha, I get that a lot. . . closest school to where I'm from, cheapest tuition and three-year program. I've heard a lot of bad things about the school, but I still think the good outweighs the bad.

got an email about application being processed.

Prerequisites page has a column stating i am missing items but below it says it is met. confused.

Seems like my file is now under review by admissions committee. Are they sending interviews soon or not till October-ish?
edit: this is for Bradenton.

Last edited:
congrats!

mine still says being processed. And Brandenton hasn't even processed my application yet.

mine said it's being processed as well, but it's Brandenton campus.

i wonder what's causing the different.
Erie has processed mine since last week and Brandenton just said received and stuck there.

That's weird when did u guys submit your supplemental?
I got the received email from Bradenton on 9/2 then a " app processed" today so I checked on lecom's portal under admissions status and it said your file is under review by comittee.

That's weird when did u guys submit your supplemental?
I got the received email from Bradenton on 9/2 then a " app processed" today so I checked on lecom's portal under admissions status and it said your file is under review by comittee.

hmm i wonder if I should worry lol. I submitted both of my supplementals on September 1st and Brandenton still remained received and Erie is says processing.

In my prerequisites folder, i have a list of items thats checked missing, but below a table stating they are met. Weird stuff. I guess I'll just have to wait while I prep for Midwestern and Northstate interviews.:mad:

hmm i wonder if I should worry lol. I submitted both of my supplementals on September 1st and Brandenton still remained received and Erie is says processing.

In my prerequisites folder, i have a list of items thats checked missing, but below a table stating they are met. Weird stuff. I guess I'll just have to wait while I prep for Midwestern and Northstate interviews.:mad:

congrats on your interviews! :thumbup:
I'm hoping to submit my Northstate supp by tomorrow. Do you mind letting me know when you submitted Northstate's supp and when you heard back from them for the interview?

congrats on your interviews! :thumbup:
I'm hoping to submit my Northstate supp by tomorrow. Do you mind letting me know when you submitted Northstate's supp and when you heard back from them for the interview?

I submitted Northstate August 15th, emailed Gail back and forth for a bit and I asked her about my application yesterday at 10AM and she replied back that I should hear from them soon, then received the interview invite at 10:15AM. (totally seriously) lol

I don't think they started processing until September last time I emailed Gail about applications.

My application is being reviewed by the adcom! Did anyone else get a message under the pre-requisites tab about their letter of rec? Mine just says "Letter of Rec-General" is not met.

I submitted three letters, all of which were complete before the app mailed, but I added a fourth one later and it isn't finished yet. Do you think it is referring to the fourth letter?

I think if you have any doubt, just call them.

They held my application for over a week due to one prereq that they said is not fulfilled. Called Erie 2 hours ago to clear things up and contacted Bradenton to checked up my application after "received" for a while.

I don't think they are updating as fast as they can.

When I spoke to LECOM Erie, their admissions comittee do not meet until Thursday. I think we will hear back after Thursday what the progress is.

Not sure about Bradenton since their responses as just been "Not yet"

Anyone have any more updated information?

Haha, I get that a lot. . . closest school to where I'm from, cheapest tuition and three-year program. I've heard a lot of bad things about the school, but I still think the good outweighs the bad.

I wish you luck and i hope u have fun and gain some knowledge. What ever he case, just hang in there until u get ur degree.

When I spoke to LECOM Erie, their admissions comittee do not meet until Thursday. I think we will hear back after Thursday what the progress is.

Not sure about Bradenton since their responses as just been "Not yet"

Anyone have any more updated information?

I received an email from LECOM this morning stating that my application would be reviewed by the admissions committee today.

Hopefully, we will start hearing back soon!

did you confirm and get an out-of-office reply?

I just tried to confirm and did get that out-of-office reply. Do we need to confirm somewhere else? I don't wanna end up missing my confirmation deadline :eek:.

I just tried to confirm and did get that out-of-office reply. Do we need to confirm somewhere else? I don't wanna end up missing my confirmation deadline :eek:.

i think it's fine but i will call on friday to double check. This gives them thursday to email any details or assure confirmation has been made.

Nice to see who else got invites!

Same here. Kinda freaked me out at first!

Got a confirmation email from the school. Also, the portal updated to say that my interview was confirmed.

where are you guys flying into & where living?

Erie airport is expensiveeeee

I got the interview for Nov.1st at 9:45 as well. See you all there.

People who have received interview invi.: Can you tell me if you're in PA or the surrounding states?

Last edited by a moderator:
People who have received interview invi.: Can you tell me if you're in PA or the surrounding states?

I live in PA, about 3.5 hours from Erie. For those that are considering flying, you are probably better off to fly into Harrisburg and rent a car. That would be cheaper and will also allow you to sight-see around Erie when you are there.

have over a month. shall plan after freaking out about Midwestern & Northstate interviews...