LECOM - Erie, Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I finished my application 3/2 and got an interview notification on 3/12. LECOM gave me a time that interferes with two other interviews so they better accept my ass!

Members don't see this ad.

I finished my application 3/2 and got an interview notification on 3/12. LECOM gave me a time that interferes with two other interviews so they better accept my ass!

Ha ha, I hear you...congrats as you are choosing them over somewhere else! It is a great school from what I hear from students here :). One other question I noticed when I went to check my portal status, the admission tab disappeared. Is this the same for you? wonder if that means it's the end of the interview cycle, then again it shouldn't because people need to check if their status was updated?!? :confused:

Ha ha, I hear you...congrats as you are choosing them over somewhere else! It is a great school from what I hear from students here :). One other question I noticed when I went to check my portal status, the admission tab disappeared. Is this the same for you? wonder if that means it's the end of the interview cycle, then again it shouldn't because people need to check if their status was updated?!? :confused:

hey fiestychix have you called them? try calling them and asking them about their interviews, they a super nice over there

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah my application tab is still intact, it says I have been selected for an interview and will receive an e-mail. We'll see if it disappears in 10 days though:)

I got an email invitation for an interview for the 23rd. :eek:
Good luck to everybody! :)

I kind of had a question for current students if they're reading this? Or anyone who has visited LECOM and their impressions?

I heard a lot of bad things about LECOM as far as the environment (student/faculty attitude.. depressing atmosphere.. etc). Is it hard to find a group of people to bond with when you don't know anyone there? Do you genuinely like going there?
I currently go to a university where there's like no school pride, and everybody wants to transfer somewhere else. I'm kind of afraid this will happen again during my pharmacy school years. I interviewed at Albany in Vermont and the administration were all really helpful and the students even came up to us to talk. LECOM used to be my first choice until I started hearing all these nasty rumors O_O help?

Last edited:

I kind of had a question for current students if they're reading this? Or anyone who has visited LECOM and their impressions?

I heard a lot of bad things about LECOM as far as the environment (student/faculty attitude.. depressing atmosphere.. etc). Is it hard to find a group of people to bond with when you don't know anyone there? Do you genuinely like going there?
I currently go to a university where there's like no school pride, and everybody wants to transfer somewhere else. I'm kind of afraid this will happen again during my pharmacy school years. I interviewed at Albany in Vermont and the administration were all really helpful and the students even came up to us to talk. LECOM used to be my first choice until I started hearing all these nasty rumors O_O help?

Opinions are like elbows, everybody has one. Do you have a hard time makings friends? Anytime when you go somewhere new, its going to be hard to find students who you get along with. I looked at their website a few days ago and they won some award for community service. Its a medical college, so i dont think they hold pep rallies. My point is dont base your decision on rumors. There are going to be unhappy students. Best of luck.

Hey, I have been accepted into the class of 2013 and I have made my final decision to attend this school. I am going to look for apartments, anyone that wants to room, it will be cheaper that way. Let me know. Rob (21)
What apartments have you been looking at?

So i interviewed on a wednesday-and im pretty sure they were on break or having finals or something, but there were a lot of people there. We had to sit in the cafeteria and wait to be told where to go and stuff.....But there were groups studying/talking/eating lunch together in the lunch room. I know its not a campus-like feel because it is one building, but i saw groups of people talking-so it must not be that hard to make friends.

And while we were walking up most of the students were smiling and waving at us. One girl even told us to have fun and smile....so im guessing that are nice people from who i saw.

Also i have a friend who will graduate in 2012 and she LOVES it. She says it is hard but she likes the people and the professional atmosphere they have.

If you go visit you can make your own decision-i'm just giving you another opinion on it. :laugh:

Do you guys know if all the invites have already been sent out or will they send out more?

I would think they are pretty close to being all sent out because 3yr programs start a month or two earlier than traditionals. If someone was one of the extreme slackers that didn't submit their supplemental until the deadline,(March 15th), I would think they'd hear back this week or early next week at the latest.

It took them 10 days to evaluate my application and send me an invite (which is in 12 days from the date of the email).

Anyone that has submitted has a portal link and they can check their status there.

Do you guys know if all the invites have already been sent out or will they send out more?

Two years ago my sisters friend got an invite all the way towards the end of April. My Bro is still waiting on an interview so I hope they are giving more out. He's very well qualified for LECOM so i don't understand how I'm accepted and he didn't even get an interview. I guess he will just have to wait and see.

Two years ago my sisters friend got an invite all the way towards the end of April. My Bro is still waiting on an interview so I hope they are giving more out. He's very well qualified for LECOM so i don't understand how I'm accepted and he didn't even get an interview. I guess he will just have to wait and see.

Did she get in ? Was she originally waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did she get in ? Was she originally waitlisted?

She was actually really smart, great GPA and PCATS. She was already accepted to Pitt, so she just declined the interview.

Hey guys, have past interviewees received an interview invite through the mail, or did everyone get their through e-mail. I called today to check my status and they said they sent something to me through reg. mail back in Feb...never got it and I live here in Erie! They are resend me a letter, I wonder if it's a rejection? :eek:

I've heard of nobody getting an interview invite via regular mail. Email only. Sorry, but it sounds like a rejection.

Hey guys, have past interviewees received an interview invite through the mail, or did everyone get their through e-mail. I called today to check my status and they said they sent something to me through reg. mail back in Feb...never got it and I live here in Erie! They are resend me a letter, I wonder if it's a rejection? :eek:

I received an interview invite via email and acceptance letter via snail mail.

I know someone who was waitlisted all the way into the begining of the school year this year--not sure how she did concidering going into the program so late. So if anyone is waitlisted and didn't get inanywhere else-you have until the end of summer.

Hey twins-are all of your siblings in pharmacy??---Thats pretty cool. :cool:

I know someone who was waitlisted all the way into the begining of the school year this year--not sure how she did concidering going into the program so late. So if anyone is waitlisted and didn't get inanywhere else-you have until the end of summer.

Hey twins-are all of your siblings in pharmacy??---Thats pretty cool. :cool:

Ya,

My older sister is in pharmacy school right now. My twin bro and I are applying right now. I already got accepted to LECOM and hope to get into Pitt. My bro did pretty well on his PCATS so he’s pretty confident he will get into Pitt also. I guess in a few weeks hopefully we will all be accepted to pharmacy school, and possibly all going to the same school.

First off, congratulations! I'm a current 3rd year at LECOM and my wife and I are looking to sell our house. It is a 3-bedroom, english-tudor style home in the Glenwood area (3 minutes from LECOM). Fenced-in backyard, brand new windows, and an amazing neighborhood. PM if you are looking for a place and are interested and I can send you pictures of the house and more details!

Just received my acceptance letter today through the mail, although my portal status hasn't changed. I interviewed last week, 3/10. I think the interviewers really liked what I had to say.

I've already been accepted to my number one, but I decided to keep my options open with LECOM since they're a 3 year program. Tuition and nonstop coursework are the things shying me away, but overall I think LECOM is a great choice for anyone who has to go out of state.

Hi guys, im new to student doctor.net
I got a invitation for an interview.
Anyone get in for the interview time of March 31?

Hey!!

I got an interview for march 31st as well! I booked my ticket today..will be flying frm michigan on 30th..did yu decide wher u will be staying ?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=680709
Be careful it's not a pretty read, although the info seems to be mostly accurate as collaborated by several people.

Anyone looking for a place to stay? I'm currently a male 1st year medical student and I live in a 3 BR/1.5 BA house on 41st St, less than a mile away. One of my current roommates is a 2nd year student and is moving away for rotations so we're looking for someone to take his spot. Rent is $330/month + Cable/Internet/Gas/Utilities which would be divided by 3. The house is furnished except your bedroom, has 2 floors + basement with washer/dryer. And you'll be living w/ 2 other students. Interested or have any questions please message me.

Hey!!

I got an interview for march 31st as well! I booked my ticket today..will be flying frm michigan on 30th..did yu decide wher u will be staying ?

Hay aev, yeah ill be staying at the wingate! See ya there and goodluck to ya
! :D

Congrat klam510,

Do you live in PA? Was it by mail or e-mail? I was just wondering.... i hope i get accepted too because i interviewed the same date 3/17/10......

Congrat klam510,

Do you live in PA? Was it by mail or e-mail? I was just wondering.... i hope i get accepted too because i interviewed the same date 3/17/10......
yep, I live in philly
it was by snail mail in a regular sized envelop, it had about four sheets of paper.
good luck

Thanks for the reply klam510.I live out of state... hopefully i'll get some positive news soon.....

Now I know what you guys mean by the interview being pretty intense. I had a guy that drilled me on my answers, but luckily I knew my stuff and I think I did pretty well. It honestly felt like I was interviewing for a job and I was looking to be weeded out.

Overall I enjoyed it, campus seemed pretty nice. I spoke to some students and they said I couldn't have had a worse guy to interview me. I'm actually glad I had the tough guy, it made the interview very interesting and challenging for me.

Now I know what you guys mean by the interview being pretty intense. I had a guy that drilled me on my answers, but luckily I knew my stuff and I think I did pretty well. It honestly felt like I was interviewing for a job and I was looking to be weeded out.

Overall I enjoyed it, campus seemed pretty nice. I spoke to some students and they said I couldn't have had a worse guy to interview me. I'm actually glad I had the tough guy, it made the interview very interesting and challenging for me.

I completed their application without noticing that all prerequisites should be finished by the end of the spring, do they substitute courses, like BIO 2 with micro or A & P? or allow me to take Bio 2 on summer? can anyone give me information about their prerequiste rules, am so confused, cause I already got their email for interview.

Last edited:
I completed their application without noticing that all prerequisites should be finished by the end of the spring, do they substitute courses, like BIO 2 with micro or A & P? or allow me to take Bio 2 on summer? can anyone give me information about their prerequiste rules, am so confused, cause I already got their email for interview.

I'm done with all my pre-reqs already. The first day of class I believe is August 15th. You'll have to ask them about that Bio 2 thing, I didn't get the impression they substituted pre-reqs for other courses.

You do not need bio 2, i was in the same position you are in, they said A&P or micro would be ok, but if you still feel worried just ask them! One last thing your portal will show you what you are missing!

Samething happened to me. I'm currently taking bio 2 right now but in my status says I dont need bio anymore. I already taken ANP and micro, so I believe that the poster above me is correct

Samething happened to me. I'm currently taking bio 2 right now but in my status says I dont need bio anymore. I already taken ANP and micro, so I believe that the poster above me is correct

Thanks guys, so I still have the chance to be part of class 2013, do you have any idea how many spaces are already filled?

Thanks guys, so I still have the chance to be part of class 2013, do you have any idea how many spaces are already filled?
I'm not too sure but I think the interview process might be coming to an end soon. There still spot available or they wouldn't be doing anymore interviews. Just wow them at the interview and you should be good. GOOD LUCK

Anyone looking for a place to stay? I'm currently a male 1st year medical student and I live in a 3 BR/1.5 BA house on 41st St, less than a mile away. One of my current roommates is a 2nd year student and is moving away for rotations so we're looking for someone to take his spot. Rent is $330/month + Cable/Internet/Gas/Utilities which would be divided by 3. The house is furnished except your bedroom, has 2 floors + basement with washer/dryer. And you'll be living w/ 2 other students. Interested or have any questions please message me.

It's going to be my first year next year so get in touch with me at [email protected] and anyone else looking for roommates too! Thanks

Well I guess I should clarify I'm male and will be in the Pharmacy program, that's just an old email so Idc about posting it.

Last edited:
Hey fellow SDNer's

I'm a female who currently lives in Erie PA with 2 other gurls in a 3 bedroom 1 bath house. I'm moving back to my hometown for pharmacy school therefore my roomates are looking for another female roomate. The house is 7-10 min driving distance from LECOM, $475 utillities, cable, internet All include! Neighboorhood is nice and one of my roomates is a nursing student & the other is a former graduate student & are super friendly. If interested PM me for more info

Did anyone who got accepted get their matriculation packet yet??? In their email they said that they would send one, but i haven't gotten it yet. I know there is one a can print out, but if they are sending me it any way ill save a tree by not printing out an extra one. :spam:

So I tried to log in to my LECOM portal just now, no such username/password. Looks like I didn't get in, blah!

Did anyone who got accepted get their matriculation packet yet??? In their email they said that they would send one, but i haven't gotten it yet. I know there is one a can print out, but if they are sending me it any way ill save a tree by not printing out an extra one. :spam:

They said in the interview just last week that they haven't finalized tuition for this year, maybe that is why.

my roommate who is currently a first year pharmacy student said that people didn't get mailed the packets until the end of May/beginning of June last year

So I tried to log in to my LECOM portal just now, no such username/password. Looks like I didn't get in, blah!

Did u try it again? it might just be some technical problem. How do we even know if we're rejected? do we receive a letter or what ? and how long does it take? i interviewed 03/17 and i have not received anything yet.

Does anyone there interviewed on 3/17 and has been accepted? pls let me knw am tired of this waiting game..

Did u try it again? it might just be some technical problem. How do we even know if we're rejected? do we receive a letter or what ? and how long does it take? i interviewed 03/17 and i have not received anything yet.

yah it works now

Still can't decide if I want to finish in 3 years there or 4 years somewhere else. What made you all choose 3?

Tips for interview? Long drive back and forth and interview at NSU the next day!!

Still can't decide if I want to finish in 3 years there or 4 years somewhere else. What made you all choose 3?

Tips for interview? Long drive back and forth and interview at NSU the next day!!

Getting older and tired of school. I spoke to some of the students, they said the schooling is very rigorous. There's little time for other stuff, so if you're looking for a better "college experience", then I'd recommend a 4yr school. Also, looking at rankings of pharma schools, most 3 year schools are not ranked or low ranked.

Got my acceptance letter today!

It seems like everybody get their letters at exactly 1 week (7 days) from their interview date then. That's not too long to wait, considering that I've been waiting for USN's status update for more than 3 weeks now.I've just gotten my interview this morning, and there were only 10 of us (instead of 20 interviewees in the beginning of the interview season) I wonder how many more interviews they have. Also, there was no essay portion, which I read LECOM do have a short essay portion after the interviews. I wonder why... but that was a good thing, since I didn't bring my lucky pencil with me (j/k)