LECOM - Erie, Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on 2/09 and got my acceptance letter yesterday. When did you interview?

I interviewed 2/9 and got accepted yesterday

Good Luck Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hey I just got my acceptance letter yesterday! I interviewed on 2/9. I am so confused about the housing and how to sign up for it! is anyone else confused?

Lecom doesn't have housing. You have to get an apartment on your own---good thing erie has a lot to choose from.

you could try and find someone to get an apartment with too.

Lecom doesn't have housing. You have to get an apartment on your own---good thing erie has a lot to choose from.

you could try and find someone to get an apartment with too.

They have like a housing list to assit you in finding a place.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if composite score of 39 percentile and 398 scaled score on PCAT will be good enough for Lake Erie admission or not??

I got very good scores in math, chemistry and biology sections with 91, 76, and 55 respectively... but not good score in verbal and reading sections (SINCE ENGLISH IS MY SECOND LANGUAGE)

Because I just received my Jan PCAT scores and i'm nervous..:(

However; my overall application is pretty well.

PharmCAS GPA in math and science is 3.86.

Excellent LORs and personal statement (essay).

Plus, pharmacy technician at a retail pharmacy and 50 hours of volunteer at a doctor's office..

Thanks for your help IN ADVANCE....:smuggrin:..

39 is below their average of 57, but your gpa is higher than the average of a 3.5ish. Did you get an interview yet?

39 is below their average of 57, but your gpa is higher than the average of a 3.5ish. Did you get an interview yet?

Do you thing I still have some chances or I should forget about this school???

Do you thing I still have some chances or I should forget about this school???

You defiantly got a chance.

They have 140 seats to fill which is a lot, they interview a tone of people and waitlist a lot too.

Is January the first time you took the PCATS? If so LECOM just got your PCAT scores for the first time, so it would only make sense that you haven't receive an interview yet. They can't give you an interview till they see your PCATS

There is a lot more that goes into getting accepted to pharmacy school besides GPA and PCATS. Do you think you did well in these areas?

-Extra-curriculars
-Pharm Experience
-LORS
-Pharmcas Essay
-Interview (I know u haven't interviewed yet, but it will be important)
-Overall character
-What college u did ur undergrad at (cc < State school < Ivy League)
-Degree > No Degree

Last edited:
You defiantly got a chance.

They have 140 seats to fill which is a lot, they interview a tone of people and waitlist a lot too.

Is January the first time you took the PCATS? If so LECOM just got your PCAT scores for the first time, so it would only make sense that you haven’t receive an interview yet. They can’t give you an interview till they see your PCATS

There is a lot more that goes into getting accepted to pharmacy school besides GPA and PCATS. Do you think you did well in these areas?

-Extra-curriculars
-Pharm Experience
-LORS
-Pharmcas Essay
-Interview (I know u haven’t interviewed yet, but it will be important)
-Overall character
-What college u did ur undergrad at (cc < State school < Ivy League)
-Degree > No Degree

yep, Jan was the first time I took PCAT.

Also, I am very good at Pharmacy Technician Experience, LORS, Extra-curriculars, PharmCAS Essay

But, I finished my pre-req at a county college which is cosidered one of the most prestigious college in the state I live...(It is very hard to get an A in science courses in that county college since there is no curve system:D )

THANKS AGAIN...

HAHA, I apply to some other schools so far which include Thomas Jefferson, Buffalo, St. Johns Fisher, Temple, Notre Dame in Maryland, and albany at Vermont Campus..

After looking my PCAT scores,I have no hope for some of these schools:(.

Do you have any idea about Thomas Jefferson or what??

I really don't have a clue, sorry.

HAHA, I apply to some other schools so far which include Thomas Jefferson, Buffalo, St. Johns Fisher, Temple, Notre Dame in Maryland, and albany at Vermont Campus..

After looking my PCAT scores,I have no hope for some of these schools:(.

Do you have any idea about Thomas Jefferson or what??

I got into jefferson with a 62 percentile on my pcats, and a 3.5 average. My prereq gpa was higher than that though. I also volunteered with big brother and big sisters for a semester--which they asked me about at my interview there, so it may have been important. I was also in a couple other clubs. If you are worried about PCATS and you don't already work in a pharmacy, go shadow as many people as possible--if you get an interview, that will help ALOT.

im guessing a lot of people decline their seats at jefferson because its not accredited yet.---which also may be why they only accept 75 people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many people are going to be in the LECOM Erie Class of 2013? I'm thinking it's around 140-160. This is not counting the number in LECOM Bradenton.

Does anyone know how many people are going to be in the LECOM Erie Class of 2013? I'm thinking it's around 140-160. This is not counting the number in LECOM Bradenton.

They said 140 students for LECOM Erie @ my interview

yeah, interview required. it was pretty intense too

The interview was very intense and I was actually impressed by that. They're really digging into who you are and the rehearsed answers aren't going to cut it.

I was accepted and sent my fee, but I'm not 100% yet. I have one interview to go and may have to lose my $500. I still have my doubts.

A big selling point for me is the fact that they had a 97% board pass rate last year. That's pretty impressive for a three year program and I'm certain the structured learning environment is a big part of that.

I'm interested in people's opinion of the school, if anyone can share.

The interview was very intense and I was actually impressed by that. They're really digging into who you are and the rehearsed answers aren't going to cut it.

I was accepted and sent my fee, but I'm not 100% yet. I have one interview to go and may have to lose my $500. I still have my doubts.

A big selling point for me is the fact that they had a 97% board pass rate last year. That's pretty impressive for a three year program and I'm certain the structured learning environment is a big part of that.

I'm interested in people's opinion of the school, if anyone can share.

What other schools did you apply to?

I liked Erie, but I have heard more negative things about it than other pharmacy schools than other schools. They had a lot of rules that I feel are excessive for pharm students. Mandatory dress code, mandatory attendance, but I can live with these.

Yes it did have a 97% pass rate, but that was only their last class. The classes before that weren’t in 90’s. It’s a newer school so this could be a sign they are improving, or it could just be really good class. Only time will tell whether this 97% will hold

What I thought, I posted this earlier:

Cons
Average age was 24 (I'm only 20)
Mandatory Attendance (I think pharmacy students r capable of attending class)
Dress Code (IDK of other pharmacy schools that have dress codes)
Not well established
Erie seems a little rural but I think I can handle that
Limited residence options at ERIE
Not much of a social network. No dorms/undergrads. Not really the college experience

Pros
Accelerate program (get out and earn a salary sooner)
Affordable
Inexpensive living
Realllllly nice new facilities, everything seems new and clean
High passing rate last year for boards 97% (only one class)

Hey guys just like to say thank you to LECOM but I'm declining my seat. so good luck to the rest of you!

I just got an interview today 3 days after they recieve my pcat score.
anyone else interviewing 3-17?

I sent lecom my 500 dollars!!!

who else will definitely be there this fall??

Hey Everyone,

I was accepted back in December. I am looking for anyone interested in housing near LECOM (i.e. Laural Springs). Let me know if you are looking for a roommate.

-Brian (25 M, from NJ)

I'm going to LECOM-Erie for sure! Am now beginning to look for housing.

Hi all, I have an interview coming up with LECOM shortly. Could you please share any interview questions/ interview experience? Would greatly appreciate your advice. Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi all, I have an interview coming up with LECOM shortly. Could you please share any interview questions/ interview experience? Would greatly appreciate your advice. Thanks a lot in advance!

I had two interviews at pharmacy schools and LECOM was the hardest out of the two. The reason is because even though they asked the basic questions-why lecom, why pharmacy school-Most of their questions came from your answers...so my only advice is speak from the heart and don't make up answers that you think they might want to hear, cause they will ask you more about it.

I sent my money in, but I am still undecided.

Once I hear from pitt I will make my decision.

I had two interviews at pharmacy schools and LECOM was the hardest out of the two. The reason is because even though they asked the basic questions-why lecom, why pharmacy school-Most of their questions came from your answers...so my only advice is speak from the heart and don't make up answers that you think they might want to hear, cause they will ask you more about it.

I agree, they did the same with me. The interview was very laid back and they treated me very nicely, so relax and like gknee said speak from the heart and you will be ok

Gah, I'm still waiting to for LECOM to review my application! Anyone know how full the class is?

Gah, I'm still waiting to for LECOM to review my application! Anyone know how full the class is?

:thumbup:
Me too, the suspense is killing me and I'm here in Erie! lol... good thing i've been accepted already and did another interview...oh well :rolleyes:

:thumbup:
Me too, the suspense is killing me and I'm here in Erie! lol... good thing i've been accepted already and did another interview...oh well :rolleyes:

You live in Erie, huh? Any idea how a chihuahua would do in Erie?

You live in Erie, huh? Any idea how a chihuahua would do in Erie?

Aww so cute :laugh:, seriously get some cute little sweaters for your chihuahua because it get cold in the winters...burr, as far as now it's surprisingly warm 40-50 degrees, that's basically summer here! Lol

Hi guys, im new to student doctor.net
I got a invitation for an interview.
Anyone get in for the interview time of March 31?

how do I find interview questions for lecom college of pharmacy so I can prepare for it?

how do I find interview questions for lecom college of pharmacy so I can prepare for it?

Look they ask the basics, why pharmacy? why Lecom, things like that, do not go in there and start answering questions as if your reading from a card, just be yourself and relax!

some of the questions they asked me were based off my responses to their questions. so don't make up your answers.

About the interview- im pretty sure they just want to see you talk to people. They want to make sure you're not shy or timid. I said some really stupid stuff in my interview--just be really talkative-that worked for me. I had two interviews and got in to both schools. I think I even made my interviewers laugh, so maybe try to be funny or something.

Anyone going to the March 24th interview?

I booked my flight tonight, should be in Erie around 5:30pm 5/23 if anyone wants to share a cab or whatever :)

I booked my flight tonight, should be in Erie around 5:30pm 5/23 if anyone wants to share a cab or whatever :)

Hey when did u get your interview invite, just curious, I'm kinda giving up on here! lol