LECOM Class of 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BadVB750

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is going to be sitting through lectures with me? Who is looking for a roomate?

Members don't see this ad.

I started this thread over in the Osteopathic forum with all the other "Class of ___" threads... Hopefully there will be a lot of activity!

Add me to the list.... We'll be bored in lecture together!

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy Birthday BadVB750 .... A fellow Capricorn! How old are you tomorrow?:hardy:

Hey

My Instant mess. name is SK8BEAKER8..Feel free to IM me about LECOM!

I'll see you at LECOM in August also. They offered me a position in PBL which is kinda odd since ISP was my first choice and LDP my second. Believe me I'm not complaining though!

I'll sit through the Anatomy lectures, but otherwise, I have been offered PBL pathway.

Good luck!

I am looking for roommate also, but would have to have everything set up in June. I have military medical OBC 15 june-26 July in San Antonio, and classes start the 1 Aug.

I will be there too! I'm also doing PBL, but I'll be in lecture for awhile. I'm so excited! :)

Hi

I received an acceptance letter, but it didn't say anything about the pathway!?!?! Do I assume I'm in my first choice (LDP)?

Congrats everyone,

Whether you're LDP, PBL, or ISP, welcome to LECOM!

Today we had our white coat ceremony, and it was awesome. It was the first time in LECOM's 10 year history that friends and family were invited, and it went well. Our class pulled together and pushed for it, and the school listened and cooperated (space/time/$ were concerns before). The event took place at the Ambassador conference center ballroom, which was gorgeous. Each person's name is read aloud and one of the 4 academic deans puts your coat on after you walk on stage.

For those new students--POMA (PA Osteopathic Medical Association) donates both your stethoscopes (Littmann Cardiology III) and white coats! And in the words of the POMA President (paraphrased), "I love coming to visit your school, and we're so proud of LECOM. We're here as a safety net for you. IF ever you need anything, you can call on POMA." A LECOM grad also spoke and said that he has worked with student doctors from several med schools within the area, and that LECOM students always shine above them all (perhaps he's a bit biased, but others have made similar comments).

Congrats again.

PS...they may be doing anatomy different next year (though no official word), though the 3 pathways will be together for OMM if not for anatomy.

njdo

Congrats on your white coat ceremony!!!

When is your 1st patient contact???

What's the scoop on Anatomy next year?

Thanks for the congrats.

Our first patient contact begins in a few weeks during what's called OPEP (osteopathic preceptor evaluation program). After core is done in one week, we have H&P week (history and physical) where we start our clinical education. After that's done we will simultaneously be doing systems and OPEP. First system up is Derm, then Musculoskeletal, then Neurosensory.

I don't know the scoop on anatomy. I have just heard through the grapevine that the administration wasn't really pleased with the changes made this year (having only anatomy the first 3 months with all 3 pathways). Any change they make will probably be an improvement. They're looking to see what will work best for students and really took the time to get our input after anatomy was done with. Just wanted you to keep your eyes and ears open in case things are different.

njdo

How long did it take for you guys to receive your acceptance letters? I interviewed there last week and I am already getting anxious!!:laugh:

around 10 days, shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 weeks...

Looks like I'll be in ISP! Can't wait until August :D