LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone ! I am new at this website but it's comforting to find people just like me :D....Anyway, I got an interview with LECOM on march 10th. Anything that you guys recommend so that I do good ?

Thanks !!!1

I have my interview that day too!

Also, once you get accepted, how long do you have to send in your deposit? I think I saw this question asked in another post but I can't find it...

Members don't see this ad.

so is there a facebook group for our class or what?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in~ mailed my deposit out yesterday...

Am I the only one who is waiting for something to go wrong? I've been working my ### off for years just to get in to a school, now that I am I still can't relax - I am just starting freak out over all the other things I need to do before orientation in just over 5 months! :eek:

is our class all guys? :laugh:

I know how you feel, I already called today to make sure they received my deposit, and I'll probably call tomorrow to make sure all my pre-reqs are met. Wouldn't it suck to be in your first year and they tell you you're out because of some stupid technicality?

So to anyone already a P1...I'm just curious:

How many hours do you spend a day studying? How about weekends?

The matriculation agreement said something about "we must participate in all of LECOM EC's" is this true? I am looking forward to some EC, but all of them really???

Also, where do you get the textbooks from? I didn't see a bookstore during the interview. I usually get my books online, do they allow this?

It really depends on how well you manage time. You will have an exam once a week and in our case it was every monday. That sucked because it meant you had to study over the weekend. This semester it is every thursday, which is alot better. I don't want to say you are studying all the time, but because of the fact you have an exam once a week, you will probably be studying pretty hard at least three days out of the week, and if they keep the same schedule for next year as this year, then those days will be friday, saturday, and sunday. It only means that our weekends where tuesday through thursday. There is no bookstore on campus. you will get an e-mail for all the books you will need. You have two options buy them online through amazon or buy them through Apha, which is the american pharmacy association. If you buy it through Apha, your books will be waiting for you on the first day of school. All of this will be explained in the e-mail you will get sometime in may. well good luck and see you guys next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know how you feel, I already called today to make sure they received my deposit, and I'll probably call tomorrow to make sure all my pre-reqs are met. Wouldn't it suck to be in your first year and they tell you you're out because of some stupid technicality?

I feel the same way, I still have not fully grasped the idea that I will begin next semester:idea:
But, can they do that? Kick you out for whatever overlooked reason?? That would be horrible

is our class all guys? :laugh:

Maybe just here on sdn, but females out number males in pharmacy school and field by a fair margin. I'd imagine there will me more females in our class than males.

hey youngdiesel, strife, and jsbach i was there on the 24th too! congrats!
i was put on the alternate list but hopefully i'll see you guys in august

Last edited:
Is anyone else looking into buying a house when they move to Bradenton? If so, could you share your research into financing options as a student, or with a spouse who is changing jobs to move to a new city...
We are trying to decide if we should sell our house in NE and buy in FL, or if we would even be eligible to buy when I won't really be working and he'll be starting a new job (hopefully in the same field).
Anyone else in this boat?:confused:

I finally got a reply about the rotations and residencies offered at LECOM, here is the response:

Rotations begin in the P2 year, where students spend 4 weeks, 40 hours/week in both the community and hospital settings. These are the introductory pharmacy practice experience (IPPE) rotations and focus on the operations / distribution systems of these two settings and to expose the students to direct patient care activities.

The advanced pharmacy practice experience (APPE) rotations begin immediately after the end of the P3 spring semester and consist of 9 rotations over an 11 month period (6 required and 3 elective). These rotations are also 4 weeks long and 40 hours/week. Required rotations include the areas of acute care medicine, advanced institutional, advanced community and ambulatory care. Electives can include these same rotation types, plus many specialty areas such as nuclear, oncology, cardiology, infectious disease, long-term care, pediatrics, palliative care, emergency room, psychiatric, research, management, professional association management, regulatory, compounding pharmacy, home infusion and industry. New rotations are constantly in development.

Currently, the Bradenton campus of LECOM has not established a residency program. Several local hospitals do offer both PGY1 and PGY2 residencies and those residents and preceptors play a role on campus as guest lecturers and mentors.

Taking the plunge, guys! Hopefully see some of your faces this fall!

At

Last edited:
At my interview last week they told us that there are still seats available. Strong applicants will continue to be accepted. There is rolling admission, but there is also typically an attrition rate, so there is room to accept more than the class will have in it because there are always a number of students that doule deposit and then withdraw once they hear from their first choice school. Alternate status is usually made up of the projected numer of students that are expected to drop...therefore, usually many if not most of the alternates are ultimately accepted.

thanks for the info adsa! lecom is my first choice school and i am an alternate. knowing that the alternate list is made up of the projected number of students that are expected to drop makes me feel better about getting in

good luck!

Last edited:
thanks for the info adsa! lecom is my first choice school and i am an alternate. knowing that the alternate list is made up of the projected number of students that are expected to drop makes me feel better about getting in

good luck![/QUOTE

Don't lose hope. I think my class has 30 people from the alternate list. Good luck and I am sure you will be hearing soon since there are only four more interview dates left.

I will have an interview on March 31st :scared: so nervous now

Do you know how many people are accepted ? Is it too late to get a chance to get in because they have a rolling system ? I turned in the supp on March 7th. It was pretty late so I didn't have much hope. I was surprised when they called to ask for an interview on March 19th.

They said, "Please make certain that all supporting documents to your application, such as letters of recommendation and PCAT scores, have been received in the Admissions Office prior to the date of your interview." How should I know that ? Should I call them and ask if they have received everything yet ? :confused: Sorry I'm a newbie

Do you know how many people are accepted ? Is it too late to get a chance to get in because they have a rolling system ? I turned in the supp on March 7th. It was pretty late so I didn't have much hope. I was surprised when they called to ask for an interview on March 19th.

They said, "Please make certain that all supporting documents to your application, such as letters of recommendation and PCAT scores, have been received in the Admissions Office prior to the date of your interview." How should I know that ? Should I call them and ask if they have received everything yet ? :confused: Sorry I'm a newbie

You can check on the web site where you completed your supplemental application. Log in with the same password that you were given initially; under the admissions tab there is a link for required letters and credits. Just make sure that you don't have any items not marked as recieved (with a date). If any thing has a red X or a green check mark, you'll need to follow up. Later you can check your admissions status. It won't show accepted until you return the matriculation agreement, but it will show either that they have made a decision on your application (translates to accepted or rejected) or that they are still reviewing your application (waitlisted) about a week to 10 days after your interview.

I'm not sure how many seats are still open, but they are still interviewing for a reason. Many of the applicants who were accepted early in the cycle made a deposit to hold a seat until they heard from other schools. I would expect that many seats that are already filled will open up again before the fall. Stay positive! It's a nice school, I'm sure you'll enjoy the visit... although I did find the large desplay of ceramic clowns upstairs rather disturbing. LOL :laugh:

You can check on the web site where you completed your supplemental application. Log in with the same password that you were given initially; under the admissions tab there is a link for required letters and credits. Just make sure that you don't have any items not marked as recieved (with a date). If any thing has a red X or a green check mark, you'll need to follow up. Later you can check your admissions status. It won't show accepted until you return the matriculation agreement, but it will show either that they have made a decision on your application (translates to accepted or rejected) or that they are still reviewing your application (waitlisted) about a week to 10 days after your interview.

I'm not sure how many seats are still open, but they are still interviewing for a reason. Many of the applicants who were accepted early in the cycle made a deposit to hold a seat until they heard from other schools. I would expect that many seats that are already filled will open up again before the fall. Stay positive! It's a nice school, I'm sure you'll enjoy the visit... although I did find the large desplay of ceramic clowns upstairs rather disturbing. LOL :laugh:

lol i agree the clowns were....different....:p

thanks lecom b2012! waiting to hear back from the adcom is so nerve wracking :scared:

timtimtim don't worry. there are obviously still seats available, otherwise the adcom wouldn't be interviewing applicants
good luck

It means they either haven't gotten your grades yet or they have them and haven't checked them off yet. I would call them to make sure.

hey timtimtim, the same happened to me with the website, All I did was send Heather an email and it was fixed that same day..

Hey guys and gals, I just interviewed on the 24th and I received my acceptance call today!! soo excited! hopefully i'll see you guys in the fall.. I'm currently still waiting for replies from some other schools.. but yay and good luck those who are still waiting!

Hey guys and gals, I just interviewed on the 24th and I received my acceptance call today!! soo excited! hopefully i'll see you guys in the fall.. I'm currently still waiting for replies from some other schools.. but yay and good luck those who are still waiting!

Congrats!

thanks.. also I was wondering wats next to be expected.. probably financial aid packet along with matriculation stuff? I saw on fb that people were talking about drug tests and all sorts of things.. is there a deadline for these things? any insight on those of you who have already completed it?

Lut.. I was also at the interview on the 24th of March that was super quick to get a response. I am not home yet I had another interview at South on Friday...Congrats on the acceptance. I hope i hear something next week.

fingers crossed for you about LECOM! and good luck with ur interview at south!

Hey everyone ! I received my matriculation packet today and I'm freaking out !!! Too many things to do....especially I'm kind of worried about housing. Does anyone know if there's a facebook website for C/O 2013? I'd like to get to know my classmates already !

http://www.facebook.com/groups/crea...54789803482#/group.php?gid=54789803482&ref=mf

Here is a group I just created. If you want to be an admin, let me know. EVERYONE JOIN!

Hey everyone ! I received my matriculation packet today and I'm freaking out !!! Too many things to do....especially I'm kind of worried about housing. Does anyone know if there's a facebook website for C/O 2013? I'd like to get to know my classmates already !

Here ya go.

At my interview last week they told us that there are still seats available. Strong applicants will continue to be accepted. There is rolling admission, but there is also typically an attrition rate, so there is room to accept more than the class will have in it because there are always a number of students that doule deposit and then withdraw once they hear from their first choice school. Alternate status is usually made up of the projected numer of students that are expected to drop...therefore, usually many if not most of the alternates are ultimately accepted.

I hope that's the same policy they have at LECOM-Erie. :xf::lock:

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist yet?

i called the admissions office and they said that they will send out an email to reconfirm applicants' interest on being on the alternate list. then they are going to rank the alternate list and start notifying people.

i assume this will happen after they've finished all of the interviews. as of 3/25 there were 4 interview dates left (see post #122), so hopefully we'll hear something within the next two weeks :confused:

I was told that they will start contacting the waitinglist in May.

Hey!! I just received an interview invite for April 14th. Does anyone know if there are still a lot of spots left?

Hey!! I just received an interview invite for April 14th. Does anyone know if there are still a lot of spots left?

When I interview durng early feb, they said they were half way in, so i'd say probably 70% by now?

^ They are 95% full right now. Last interview date is on April 28th.

Also, the next Meet & Greet is on May 16, from 11:00 to 1:00

Last edited:
for those on waitlist or going to interview soon. I am 80% certain I am going to give up my spot in the next couple of weeks. I have been accepted at my local school, and so far my husband hasn't been able to even get an interview for a decent job in the Bradenton / Tampa / Sarasota area. We need to make a decision soon, and as much as we would love to have a reason to move out of the midwest, I can't bring myself to do it at the expense of his career. :(

Best wishes to all my fellow applicants!

^ They are 95% full right now. Last interview date is on April 28th.

Also, the next Meet & Greet is on May 6, from 11:00 to 1:00

It's actually Saturday, May 16. The RSVP is due by May 6th.

I plan to be there, pretty excited about meeting everyone else! :)