LECOM Bradenton Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to Lauren, they hold interviews up until mid may. They start ranking the alternate list the end of May. I hope that helps.

Hi Mano, should I make a call to ... Lauren to ask about my Appl status? What's her number btw?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks again gameboi. I took your advice and Lauren is so helpful. She also said to keep working hard as my grades for this sem will reflect towards their decision. I sent her a copy of my award and she said it's a great idea that I did. May 24th is right around the corner so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

For anyone who is looking for Lauren's number, its 1-941-782-5920

Here is Lauren's number.:thumbup:

Hi Mano, should I make a call to ... Lauren to ask about my Appl status? What's her number btw?

Hi, I suggest you call Lauren, after all, she's the only one who can actually provide you info about the status of your application. I'm crossing my fingers for you and hope that all goes well. Good luck!:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I suggest you call Lauren, after all, she's the only one who can actually provide you info about the status of your application. I'm crossing my fingers for you and hope that all goes well. Good luck!:xf:
Thank you very much. I'll call her and see! :xf:
@JDubya: Thanks for Lauren's number.

Thank you very much. I'll call her and see! :xf:
@JDubya: Thanks for Lauren's number.

You're very welcome. And I was very hesitant to call Lauren at first as well bc I didn't want to be a nuisance but I realized that it's the only way to find out :) Let us know how it goes!!!:xf:

Could someone tell me whether any interview will be held in May since I did not hear anything from school? My online status is reviewed! Thank for any tips!

I gratefully got into my first choice this week. Therefore, I will contact them today to decline my interview on May 12th. Hopefully you can get it. Good luck!

Hi Henry,
how long is the winter and summer break at your school? I am not from Florida and was wondering how often I get to go home? tnx

Hey everyone. I asked Lauren about my admissions status and she said that the committee has not made a decision about my application just yet and they are re-reviewing it. She said it's definitely not a bad thing, but does that mean I am waitlisted or does that mean I am pending...or worse? haha. I don't want to e-mail Lauren again for clarification since I feel like such a nuisance. Anyone have any ideas?

Hey everyone. I asked Lauren about my admissions status and she said that the committee has not made a decision about my application just yet and they are re-reviewing it. She said it's definitely not a bad thing, but does that mean I am waitlisted or does that mean I am pending...or worse? haha. I don't want to e-mail Lauren again for clarification since I feel like such a nuisance. Anyone have any ideas?

Same thing happend to me, I interviewed 3/24 and the following week Lauren told me that the committee is re-reviewing my application. Lauren explained that I was not denied, accepted, nor placed on the waiting list. What this basically meant was that my application was up in the air. Ten days later I received a phone call from Lauren saying I have been accepted. Don't worry

Last edited:
Quick question for applicants or current students....I'm going to be reapplying next year (not this application season)...I was wondering, can I apply to both campuses or is it one or the other?

Has anyone interviewed on April 21st received a call, email, or has your status changed in the portal to "a decision has been made"? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Can applicants apply to both Erie and Bradenton?
Yes. You can submit a PharmCAS application to both the Erie and Bradenton campus. If you apply to both the Bradenton and Erie campuses, you may only deposit at one campus if accepted. Once you have deposited at one campus, your application will be withdrawn from the other campus.

You can find more info here: http://www.lecom.edu/pros_degreereq....6/0/2249/20619

Hope this helps.

:thumbup:

Hi there-

What rotations do patients go on during 4th year? Rather, where? What hospitals or stores and in what cities?

And are there other times that students are placed in practice sites?

Also, I have an interview in a couple weeks. Any tips or suggestions. I need them, i've had not so stellar interviews in the past!

Thank you!

There are over 1000 sites around the country (though mostly in FL) that you can choose from. Sorry, but I don't have the entire list on hand. It will be available to you at request when you matriculate. If you have any further questions regarding rotations feel free to contact our director of experiential education, Laura Stevenson ([email protected]), or her assistant, Deborah Atkinson ([email protected]).

Students are also required to complete intermediate experiential education in addition to 4th yr rotations. At LECOM, this is the first 2 months of your P2 year.

Reading the interview feedback page on SDN will probably be your best bet for interview prep. Have a friend or family member give you some mock interviews. It will help you get comfortable with speaking about yourself. Also, if you have time, it may be a good idea to brush up on some current events in pharmacy. There are many sites for this, e.g. www.pharmacist.com, www.ashp.org, the SDN pharmD forum, etc...

I hope this helps. Good luck with your interview!

Can applicants apply to both Erie and Bradenton?
Yes. You can submit a PharmCAS application to both the Erie and Bradenton campus. If you apply to both the Bradenton and Erie campuses, you may only deposit at one campus if accepted. Once you have deposited at one campus, your application will be withdrawn from the other campus.

You can find more info here: http://www.lecom.edu/pros_degreereq....6/0/2249/20619

Hope this helps.

Thanx :D

Has anyone interviewed on April 21st received a call, email, or has your status changed in the portal to "a decision has been made"? :confused:

I interview on the 21st and I was placed on an alternate list L I got the letter on Friday.
Yours is probably coming soon. Hang in there!
</SPAN>

Hey Henry,

Do you know anything about IPPE. I see that it starts in July and ends in September and then classes for P2 don't start until October. Are IPPE like rotations and do you know if we can do them anywhere we want?

Thanks

I gratefully got into my first choice this week. Therefore, I will contact them today to decline my interview on May 12th. Hopefully you can get it. Good luck!

@ Mano, Welle: I called then I got interview invitation! Thanks!

Newbie here.. my first choice is LECOM-B as well :love: Just fell in love with the school when I went to their open house.. I just wanted to say that this forum has been a tremendous help to "calm my nerves" in my upcoming interview -- in 2 days! :scared:

:xf:

@ Mano, Welle: I called then I got interview invitation! Thanks!

Ur welcome and Good luck on your interview. does anyone know the last day for the interview? This wait is really nerve-wracking :( bc the last day of interview means that they will start ranking those on the alternate list...wahhhhhhhh

Hey Henry,

Do you know anything about IPPE. I see that it starts in July and ends in September and then classes for P2 don't start until October. Are IPPE like rotations and do you know if we can do them anywhere we want?

Thanks

IPPEs are exactly that. These rotations can potentially be done anywhere in the country. I say potentially because any rotation site that LECOM doesn't already have an agreement with will require some leg work on your part. Even with your leg work, the school and the site may not reach an agreement.

IPPEs are exactly that. These rotations can potentially be done anywhere in the country. I say potentially because any rotation site that LECOM doesn't already have an agreement with will require some leg work on your part. Even with your leg work, the school and the site may not reach an agreement.

Hey Henry,

Thanks for responding to everyones questions on here. Your answers have been really helpful. I was wondering if you know the criteria they use to ran the wait list. Is it pre-reqs complete, first, then those who have a bachelors and so on? I got wait-listed in March and I realllly want to get into LECOM, so any advice about this wait-list will help. Thanks!

Hey everyone. I interviewed on 4/7 and Lauren finally called me this morning to let me know that I was accepted! So apparently it can take a pretty long time for the committee to review your application. Don't fret if you don't hear anything right away!

Hey everyone. I interviewed on 4/7 and Lauren finally called me this morning to let me know that I was accepted! So apparently it can take a pretty long time for the committee to review your application. Don't fret if you don't hear anything right away!

congrats! are you in group A or group B(did you write an essay on that day)?

Hey guys, I just got accepted to Lecom yesterday. And I also have been accepted to Nova-palm beach campus. And Wat school do you guys think is better and why? I kno lecom has small class size, but palm beach nova class size is only 50 and they got new building....

Don't worry too much about other factors like rotation sites, living expenses, cost of tuition, etc. Having a new building definitely gives NOVA an advantage.

:laugh:
Yea, but Lymmys are you sayin you prefer Nova over Lecom? Im planning a tour this friday again just to chek out the school and get a feel for it. Has anyone gone on a tour again, and how did they dress? I was thinkin jeans and a nice shirt...

Hello all and congrats to those who have been accepted! I just ask that if LECOM is not where you trully want to be remember it is the dream school to others take that in to consideration when picking the school you will attend =)

Yea, but Lymmys are you sayin you prefer Nova over Lecom? Im planning a tour this friday again just to chek out the school and get a feel for it. Has anyone gone on a tour again, and how did they dress? I was thinkin jeans and a nice shirt...

No jeans. Dress formal like for an interview.:thumbup:

congrats! are you in group A or group B(did you write an essay on that day)?

Thanks! I was in the morning session. So that was probably Group A. I didn't have to write an essay. I think only one person in my session had to write an essay.

Hey Henry,

Thanks for responding to everyones questions on here. Your answers have been really helpful. I was wondering if you know the criteria they use to ran the wait list. Is it pre-reqs complete, first, then those who have a bachelors and so on? I got wait-listed in March and I realllly want to get into LECOM, so any advice about this wait-list will help. Thanks!

I'm sorry I don't know the criteria they use to run the wait list. I asked Lauren for you this morning. She said the adcom has complete freedom over how to assess an application. That's the best I can do, I hope it helps a little.

I do know that, at least for my year, one's prereqs needed to be completed before Spring semester to be considered. Maybe this has changed, but I'd still imagine that if they do use some kind of algorithm, prereq completion has got to be at the top.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I don't know the criteria they use to run the wait list. I asked Lauren for you this morning. She said the adcom has complete freedom over how to assess an application. That's the best I can do, I hope it helps a little.

I do know that, at least for my year, one's prereqs needed to be completed before Spring semester to be considered. Maybe this has changed, but I'd still imagine that if they do use some kind of algorithm, prereq completion has got to be at the top.

Hello! your responses have been really helpful. As I remember, you come from CA right? Can you share why you will start looking into out of state schools and why LECOM over other schools? Thanks!!

I have decided to attend Lecom. I feel comfortable with Lecom. And am looking for a roommate? I havent looked at apartments yet.. Anyone need a roommate?

Ur welcome and Good luck on your interview. does anyone know the last day for the interview? This wait is really nerve-wracking :( bc the last day of interview means that they will start ranking those on the alternate list...wahhhhhhhh
I think it's May 19, 2011. I got the last! So how long the interview will be? From 7:45 am check in? Anyone know when will the interview last? I want to catch the flight later on May 19, can I make it at 7:15PM to Tampa?

Hey, any current students on here comment on intern pay in FL? Walgreens/CVS? I currently work for CVS the last 5 years as a tech, so I've been told I make more than even a 3rd year intern. Just curious if walgreens is paying more, up here (in NY) i know they pay techs more than CVS. Not sure about interns. You know I'd like at least $16 an hour. lol. I've got alot of experience.

Hi guys!!! First of all, Congratulations to everyone who have already been accepted. My interview is coming up and I have a question regarding the class size. How many students get accepted and what is the class size?? I couldn't find it on the website.

Any response would be great!!! In advance, Thank you very much for taking the time and replying :)

I just talked to Lauren and this yr the class size is around 135. Gud luk on ur interview...

Just got accepted yesterday! I interviewed on 4/21

Hello! your responses have been really helpful. As I remember, you come from CA right? Can you share why you will start looking into out of state schools and why LECOM over other schools? Thanks!!

Why did I go out of state? Tuition.
Why LECOM? Lots of reasons, but mainly tuition. My CA choices were all in the 40K/yr range. I didn't get into UCSD, and I was too wimpy to apply to UCSF.

Hey, any current students on here comment on intern pay in FL? Walgreens/CVS? I currently work for CVS the last 5 years as a tech, so I've been told I make more than even a 3rd year intern. Just curious if walgreens is paying more, up here (in NY) i know they pay techs more than CVS. Not sure about interns. You know I'd like at least $16 an hour. lol. I've got alot of experience.

The intern salaries for my classmates working in retail range from $11/hr - $18/hr. But, I'd say that the majority are on the lower end. I work for CVS and I'm in the middle. It doesn't seem like there is much of a difference in pay between Walgreens and CVS. I recommend getting in touch with the intern coordinator for this district for CVS or Walgreens (if they have one) to get a better grasp on salary ranges.

CVS:
Jamie Magnano
[email protected]
(727)539-9170

Walgreens:
No idea, sorry.

I just talked to Lauren and this yr the class size is around 135. Gud luk on ur interview...

I got accepted into a three year school. But I still like Lecom Bradenton very much. I was wait listed but I think it's because of my preqeqs being incomplete. Just turned in all my transcripts with prereqs done.

Unfortunately I had to turn in my admissions fee for the three year school (Expensive!). I still need a plan B if Bradenton does not call me :p

What do you guys think? Should I go for three years or accept when Bradenton calls? I'm weighing my options and Bradenton seems like the choice. Any opinions? Hopefully they call....I might be so excited that I just say that I will accept anyways LOL!

I was just wondering if anyone from the March 24th interview session are still waiting to hear from LECOM-B?? I am really worried... :(

Hey guys. Just to let you know, I will be giving up my seat at LECOM-B in the next few days. I got accepted to one of the state schools and it makes more since for me to go there so I won't have to worry about selling my house. It's a shame because I really liked LECOM and I loved the Bradenton area. I hope my seat goes to someone who really wants it and deserves it. Good luck to everyone! :thumbup:

Hey guys. Just to let you know, I will be giving up my seat at LECOM-B in the next few days. I got accepted to one of the state schools and it makes more since for me to go there so I won't have to worry about selling my house. It's a shame because I really liked LECOM and I loved the Bradenton area. I hope my seat goes to someone who really wants it and deserves it. Good luck to everyone! :thumbup:

I hope it goes to meeee lol. I love love love LECOM and got waitlisted :( Congratulations on getting into your other choice! Good luck with pharm school! :thumbup:

I was just wondering if anyone from the March 24th interview session are still waiting to hear from LECOM-B?? I am really worried... :(

Waiting to hear if you got accepted or waitlisted? I had the same interview date, and I heard back less than a week later that I was waitlisted. Call and find out. I am so anxious about the waitlist rank. I hope I'm high up there :xf:

Waiting to hear if you got accepted or waitlisted? I had the same interview date, and I heard back less than a week later that I was waitlisted. Call and find out. I am so anxious about the waitlist rank. I hope I'm high up there :xf:
Waiting to hear about acceptance... I am waitlisted also.. I am stressing the ranking.. I called Lauren about my status.. She only said until June everyone will know.. Good luck to you.. I am hoping the same for me as well :)