LECOM Bradenton Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for anyone else accepted or currently going to school at LECOM...or even if you are from the area...what will it be like to live in FL? All I hear is that FL is for retirees and I don't necessarily believe that's true. But I want to be sure that if I go to school there...which is so far away from home...that I won't be totally bored!

thanks!

yeah there is nothing to do in Bradenton, and beaches get old fairly quick. been living in florida for a while and I can't wait to get out of here.

it's not far from Tampa, which does offer some entertainment (busch gardens, st pete times forum, ybor, etc.), and it is also within a couple hours of Orlando. overall it shouldn't be a bad experience, I just prefer a landscape where the highest hill isn't a speed bump. but the school is great, and that is what it ultimately comes down to.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
yeah there is nothing to do in Bradenton, and beaches get old fairly quick. been living in florida for a while and I can't wait to get out of here.

it's not far from Tampa, which does offer some entertainment (busch gardens, st pete times forum, ybor, etc.), and it is also within a couple hours of Orlando. overall it shouldn't be a bad experience, I just prefer a landscape where the highest hill isn't a speed bump. but the school is great, and that is what it ultimately comes down to.

i couldn't agree more... the beaches will get old in like week.

i know students there who travel to Tampa every weekend. It only took me 40mins to get to Tampa with Traffic, prob only 30 without.

There's also Pinellas Park & St. Pete. They have a lot of restaurants and clubs there like The Venue or Push for the 21 & up crowd, ybor is mostly young kids like 18ish now. And if you really wanna get away for the weekend, Miami is only 2 & a half hrs away from Bradenton... lol

interviewed 3/24. Got accepted 2 days ago by phone :) I'm excited, it's one of my top 2 schools. Good luck to everyone else! I think all that stuff about there being only 2 seats left aren't true. More people have gotten accepted since that rumor was passed around so keep up the hope.

Congrats to all those recently accepted. If you are accepted and attending, join the facebook group we have going.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_171866016187332&ap=1

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 4/7 and I just got my phonecall of acceptance from Lauren. Don't give up hope. My portal changed to "The admissions committee has not made a decision on your application." the Wed. after my interview, but it just changed to "The admissions committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days." after I received my acceptance phonecall. I had given up hope when it changed to the first status. But there obviously still seats left so just hang in there.

I am so excited! I loved LECOM-B and I can't wait to start school there!:D

I interviewed on 4/7 and I just got my phonecall of acceptance from Lauren. Don't give up hope. My portal changed to "The admissions committee has not made a decision on your application." the Wed. after my interview, but it just changed to "The admissions committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days." after I received my acceptance phonecall. I had given up hope when it changed to the first status. But there obviously still seats left so just hang in there.

CONGRATULATIONS on ur acceptance. I was waitlisted :( but I am still crossing my fingers. Thank you for that information and I wish you success at LECOM

As I am congratulatory towards all that already got it....

these messages depress the **** out of me....they just are making me think more and more 'why didn't they like me?' 'why didn't they accept me?' 'am I going to every get in off this alt list?'

it sucks

OK this might Sound like the silliest question in this forum yet, but what did Guys were to the interview?? I am not sure if we are going to be outside a lot on the South Florida weather and if I should be wearing a jacket?? What do you guys think or did?

OK this might Sound like the silliest question in this forum yet, but what did Guys were to the interview?? I am not sure if we are going to be outside a lot on the South Florida weather and if I should be wearing a jacket?? What do you guys think or did?

I live in FL & knew it is freaking hot so i didn't wear a blazer & i was the only one without it. I felt awkward & thought it would hurt my chances. But none of the male interviewers & even associate dean wore blazers. So when I was interviewed, i pointed out that fact & joked I fit in there with everyone & she laugh. I still got accepted so I think it doesnt matter as long as perform well in the interview, if anything i think they might find you reletable. Good Luck!

I live in FL & knew it is freaking hot so i didn't wear a blazer & i was the only one without it. I felt awkward & thought it would hurt my chances. But none of the male interviewers & even associate dean wore blazers. So when I was interviewed, i pointed out that fact & joked I fit in there with everyone & she laugh. I still got accepted so I think it doesnt matter as long as perform well in the interview, if anything i think they might find you reletable. Good Luck!
I AM from Fort lauderdale and I was thinking the same way as you....I am just caught out of guard...They were done processing my app today and invited me today for an interview on Thursday the 21st:D!!!! I hope that's a good sign! Any Idea on what apartment complex or residential area is good for a Dog owner anyone?!?

I AM from Fort lauderdale and I was thinking the same way as you....I am just caught out of guard...They were done processing my app today and invited me today for an interview on Thursday the 21st:D!!!! I hope that's a good sign! Any Idea on what apartment complex or residential area is good for a Dog owner anyone?!?

I live in FL as well and I wore a jacket. I only wore a jacket because at my first two interviews, I was the only one without one so I decided to wear it to LECOM. You are inside the whole time and I wasn't uncomfortable in my jacket.

As for the housing, there are some pretty nice apartments within 10 minutes of the school. I have a boxer that is about 65lbs and there were only a few places that weren't pet friendly. I was looking at 2 bed/2 bath places and they run a little over $1000/mo at most places. You can find a 1 bed/1 bath quite a bit cheaper though. Some of the students I talked to actually rent houses and get roommates to cover the rent.

Good luck on your interview. It is fairly laid back and relaxed. Just make sure you ask the current students a lot of questions during the closed door Q&A.:thumbup:

I live in FL as well and I wore a jacket. I only wore a jacket because at my first two interviews, I was the only one without one so I decided to wear it to LECOM. You are inside the whole time and I wasn't uncomfortable in my jacket.

As for the housing, there are some pretty nice apartments within 10 minutes of the school. I have a boxer that is about 65lbs and there were only a few places that weren't pet friendly. I was looking at 2 bed/2 bath places and they run a little over $1000/mo at most places. You can find a 1 bed/1 bath quite a bit cheaper though. Some of the students I talked to actually rent houses and get roommates to cover the rent.

Good luck on your interview. It is fairly laid back and relaxed. Just make sure you ask the current students a lot of questions during the closed door Q&A.:thumbup:
Thanks man! I think my problem is that I got 2 dogs lol! I think i will look into renting a house too it just seems like a tiny little town so I dont want to move to the wrong area of town!

Everyone seems to wear jackets. I'd bring one just to be safe. It usually stays pretty cool indoors.

Members don't see this ad :)

I highly recommend the Yacht Club if you're a pet owner. Though many apartment complexes around the school are pet friendly.

Congratulations on your acceptance!

And to everyone else, yes, obviously there are still seats. I don't know how this rumor got around that there are none left. I made a post a while back stating there were 16 seats left. I'm sure the committee has started handing out acceptances more judiciously, but by no means do interviewees have no chance.

:thumbup:

i couldn't agree more... the beaches will get old in like week.

i know students there who travel to Tampa every weekend. It only took me 40mins to get to Tampa with Traffic, prob only 30 without.

There's also Pinellas Park & St. Pete. They have a lot of restaurants and clubs there like The Venue or Push for the 21 & up crowd, ybor is mostly young kids like 18ish now. And if you really wanna get away for the weekend, Miami is only 2 & a half hrs away from Bradenton... lol

All in all, it's kind of boring around here. But you're here to study! Right?

I gave up my seat today to attend another school. Good luck to those still waiting.

Congrats! were you from the morning session of 4/7?
I am getting nervous since I know some ppl who interview on 4/7 already got accepted/waitlisted..
I emailed Lauren and she said the school is still reviewing my file..

I am getting nervous since I know some ppl who interview on 4/7 already got accepted/waitlisted..

just try to relax, I had my interview on the 24th of March and didn't hear from them until last week. look on the bright side, you didn't get a waitlist letter yet lol.

No. I was in the afternoon interview group on 4/7.

I also suggest the Yacht Club apartments. They were very nice and reasonably priced as well as pet friendly.

Guys & gals, do any if you being interviewed tomorrow staying at the Windgate Hotel!? wana meet up today to chat and calm the nerves before the interview day!?

Congratulations on your acceptance!

And to everyone else, yes, obviously there are still seats. I don't know how this rumor got around that there are none left. I made a post a while back stating there were 16 seats left. I'm sure the committee has started handing out acceptances more judiciously, but by no means do interviewees have no chance.

Whoops I may have followed that rumor through to the facebook group. Making many people angry lol. What 16 seats isn't alot! :cool:

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! Try to relax and enjoy seeing what the school has to offer!:thumbup:

I just got my acceptance letter, my interview was on 03/12 I called them few times and they were saying they have hard time on me to accept or waiting listed, finally they decide to accept me, I am not sure if I want to go there though, I am still debating between this and MCPHS

I just got my acceptance letter, my interview was on 03/12 I called them few times and they were saying they have hard time on me to accept or waiting listed, finally they decide to accept me, I am not sure if I want to go there though, I am still debating between this and MCPHS

Hey sigmaman,

Congratulations on your acceptance. And did the school tell you the reason as to why they were having difficulties on deciding if they should accept you or not? Not that it really matters now, because you've already been accepted:). I'm just curious...

Hello guys, just to let you guys know that I and a person who interviewed the same day as I did will be declining our spots...(even though we put down deposits FML) So stay hopeful guys!

Yeah Guys I interviewed today and they told us they decided to add 15 more sits 2 days ago :D, and that they still had some left of before that, plus she said last year about 50% of the people accepted were at one point in the wait list!! So there is definitely a high probability if trends continue! The interview process was great, and as a UF student I do see some valuable advantages to LECOM over my school so I am very exited. :D

Yeah Guys I interviewed today and they told us they decided to add 15 more sits 2 days ago :D, and that they still had some left of before that, plus she said last year about 50% of the people accepted were at one point in the wait list!! So there is definitely a high probability if trends continue! The interview process was great, and as a UF student I do see some valuable advantages to LECOM over my school so I am very exited. :D

Just curious what do you think are some of the advantages? From an out of state stand point, I like the price of LECOM. How do you think it compares up to UF? Or some of the other schools in FL? I mean I already made my decision, I'm attending LECOM. lol. Just curious what you thought though. :)

Just wondering are they adding 15 more spots on the top of 130 they mentioned on the PharmCAS?

yes they are in addition to the 125 they said before!! and some of the advantages are only regarding the distance learning campuses... UF Gainesville has all the amaizing facilities and research opportunities which make it top 9 in the country but the other campuses dont offer those opportunities; there is no teacher in the classroom there is only videos and you make no connections with other students since u dont have to be there at the same time at all...You really realize the level of fraternity in LECOM where all students can help each other and know each other very well since attendance is required. as far as curriculum lecom offers full time rotations every year which immerses u completely before graduation not just a few hours a week like at UF.

Confirmed.

Hi all,

I am on the alternate list and I want to call Lauren and ask her for any updates about my application. I also received an honor award last week and I am contemplating if I should tell the school about it. My school only selected 30 students and I was one of them so I taught that it can strengthen my application once the admissions committee review my app once again. Now, I don't know if its a great idea because I don't want to be a nuisance since Lauren said that ranking starts around the last week of May :(

I would really appreciate any help!!!

Hey everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone could send some information about the demographics of the school (male v. female, ethnicities, etc.)...just curious :)

Thanks!

Hi all,

I am on the alternate list and I want to call Lauren and ask her for any updates about my application. I also received an honor award last week and I am contemplating if I should tell the school about it. My school only selected 30 students and I was one of them so I taught that it can strengthen my application once the admissions committee review my app once again. Now, I don't know if its a great idea because I don't want to be a nuisance since Lauren said that ranking starts around the last week of May :(

I would really appreciate any help!!!

Call first & then send her a Letter of Interest or Intent for the admissions committee. Just continue telling them how much you want it and you're still interested, update them on ur academic progress but in your case update them on that fact that you received that award. Two birds with one stone, in a professional manner :)

By the way for those still waiting, my friend who got accepted last year by getting pulled off the alternate list said he got called May 24th 2010. So the list should hopefully move by then, good luck you guys!

kind of worried. I thought it would be wise to reserve my spot at Bradenton in case I did not get offered a spot in Erie, but have just been notified that my Erie application would no longer be considered since I accepted my Bradenton spot. Is there any way around this, as Erie is my top choice of the two.

Call first & then send her a Letter of Interest or Intent for the admissions committee. Just continue telling them how much you want it and you're still interested, update them on ur academic progress but in your case update them on that fact that you received that award. Two birds with one stone, in a professional manner :)

By the way for those still waiting, my friend who got accepted last year by getting pulled off the alternate list said he got called May 24th 2010. So the list should hopefully move by then, good luck you guys!

Thanks again gameboi. I took your advice and Lauren is so helpful. She also said to keep working hard as my grades for this sem will reflect towards their decision. I sent her a copy of my award and she said it's a great idea that I did. May 24th is right around the corner so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

For anyone who is looking for Lauren's number, its 1-941-782-5920

Could someone tell me whether any interview will be held in May since I did not hear anything from school? My online status is reviewed! Thank for any tips!

Could someone tell me whether any interview will be held in May since I did not hear anything from school? My online status is reviewed! Thank for any tips!

According to Lauren, they hold interviews up until mid may. They start ranking the alternate list the end of May. I hope that helps.

Hi everyone,
I have been invited for an interview for mid May so don't lose hope!

Yes, don't loose Hope !! My application was not processed until Tue of last week and I got an urgent email the same day inviting me for an interview, which was on Thursday...So you should keep hope up until the last minute!! :)