LECOM alternate list

little Buddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thread for a place to vent and discuss theories. If you guys post your status on here or at least update Predents, we might be able to track this accurately and see what they are gunning for.

If you guys get an acceptance after on the alternate list, could you also post and let us know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hoping for the best. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Well I'm calling Monday to find out. I think someone without a status update on their portal should also call so we know if that means the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
well my portal status is the same as both of you guys

I probably am calling and I will tell you what they say if I do call in

I noticed some on the DO threads have "adcom have not made a decision" who were alternates and then there were some who had "adcom have made a decision". So I was wondering if anyone has the "have not" on their portal?

I received the portal 30 day update and I am on the alternate list .... she doesn't know how high on the list ( she told me they haven't ranked them yet ) ... They did send out all 100 acceptances... also, Lecom sent out more alternate then acceptance... We will know more in January

I was told letters were all mailed out on Friday Dec 2, so they should arrive this week. My portal status is blank & I interviewed already

so basically 100 accept and maybe 150 alternates? I hope tha list moves fast. I'll be calling after I'm done with classes.

EDIT: Just called and alternate.

Last edited:
I was told letters were all mailed out on Friday Dec 2, so they should arrive this week. My portal status is blank & I interviewed already

Did you call at all? I wonder what the blank means? Mine was blank the entire time untill Friday I beleive.

She said everyone that interviewed will be getting a letter lol. Does that mean everyone is an alternate? Hurry up and wait I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still courios what the blank status means

I forgot to ask how they will be taking people of the list. Will it be 5,10, 20 people at a time? the blank status is intriguing no doubt. Maybe it actually means there hasn't been a decision and they are waiting to be placed on the waiting list?

Good luck to all of us!!!

Last edited:
Received my alternate letter today in the mail, so you guys probably should too. It's dated December 02.

The whole..you should be receiving a letter within the next 30 days line

I have a blank status + just called them. They said people with blank status are in higher priority waitlist. These people won't be receiving letter since they are likely to receive acceptance letter soon. (I think we still need to wait til Jan to receive acceptance letter..)

I have a blank status + just called them. They said people with blank status are in higher priority waitlist. These people won't be receiving letter since they are likely to receive acceptance letter soon. (I think we still need to wait til Jan to receive acceptance letter..)

Who told you that? But congrats! :)

Last edited:

Ah man I wish my status was blank bu now its reflects my alternate acceptance. Damn

hey guys,

while i didn't even receive any notification since I applied, they did respond to an e-mail that I sent them regarding a timeline.

and they said that they would send out letters regarding statuses "in the near future".

One think this application cycle taught me is my major weakness is WAITING! Who wants to speculate how many are on the priority wait list?

One think this application cycle taught me is my major weakness is WAITING! Who wants to speculate how many are on the priority wait list?

Lol me too buddy... me too.

Last edited:
All of you on the priority list please decline lol. That goes for the rest of you on the alternate list as well!

Who told you that? But congrats! :)

Update on my status. I told them I accept the alternate spot and this is my new portal message:

"The LECOM Bradenton Office of Admissions received your confirmation to accept a position on the Alternate list. Notification of acceptance can take place up until the first day o"

I talked to Stephanie today. Hopefully all of us hear good news soon! :oops:

Lucky! I called twice and no answer, she must be pretty busy :/

My status is blank and I have not received a letter saying that I am on the alternate list. Hoping that means I am on the priority list!! I did call last Thursday to confirm I did not get a first round acceptance and at that time they told me I was correct but to keep my head up because I interviewed really well- trying not to be too optimistic but I really hope I land an acceptance!

I hope you get accepted to Indiana lol... Seriously!

My status is blank and I have not received a letter saying that I am on the alternate list. Hoping that means I am on the priority list!! I did call last Thursday to confirm I did not get a first round acceptance and at that time they told me I was correct but to keep my head up because I interviewed really well- trying not to be too optimistic but I really hope I land an acceptance!

Hey!!! Best of luck to you!!! :luck:
I interviewed with you at LECOM as well as ASDOH on the same day! Hope you can figure out who I am looool! :)

Hey!!! Best of luck to you!!! :luck:
I interviewed with you at LECOM as well as ASDOH on the same day! Hope you can figure out who I am looool! :)

Thanks! I remember you. Congrats on your acceptances.

Has anyone gotten rejected or is everyone basically an alternate? I wonder if the regular alternates will have priority over post dec ppl who get wait listed..is it done based on a ranking system or do they just keep re-reviewing people?

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to drop in and say that I declined my acceptance from LECOM today. Congratulations to the lucky candidate that receives my seat!! I hope you all hear good news soon. Best of luck:luck:

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to drop in and say that I declined my acceptance from LECOM today. Congratulations to the lucky candidate that receives my seat!! I hope you all hear good news soon. Best of luck:luck:

:) Thank you MrJingles!! Congrats on your acceptances!

Congrats!:thumbup: You're awesome!:cool:

Hey guys, I just withdrew my position on the alternate list. Best of luck to you all.

not sure i believe this. updating the portal is as easy as pushing a button, so i don't buy the fact that they wouldn't update the portal for "priority" people because they wanted to avoid having to push a button again in a couple of weeks to change it to accepted. if there really were a "priority waitlist" i would think the school would be more considerate of those people than just anybody on a "regular waitlist" and would have sent them an email/letter anyway notifying them of a priority status.

it just doesn't add up for me, especially with a SDN learned distrust for most anyone who posts things like this with only 2 posts to their name.

not sure i believe this. updating the portal is as easy as pushing a button, so i don't buy the fact that they wouldn't update the portal for "priority" people because they wanted to avoid having to push a button again in a couple of weeks to change it to accepted. if there really were a "priority waitlist" i would think the school would be more considerate of those people than just anybody on a "regular waitlist" and would have sent them an email/letter anyway notifying them of a priority status.

it just doesn't add up for me, especially with a SDN learned distrust for most anyone who posts things like this with only 2 posts to their name.

:thumbup: I agree. Take everything you read on SDN with only a grain of salt.

That was my first post because people here were asking about status of people with blank. You can call Stephanie and ask. She said I won't receive alternate offer letter and that is why there is blank on my file. Since we are on the priority list we are likely to receive 2nd round of acceptance letter soon.. Well.. This too all depends on how many people decline the offer from the 1st round. Either way she said we are in more favorable position than alternates... So yeah.. Believe what you wanna believe. I was just letting people know what's going on w my blank status.

Well, the question is: Did anyone get a rejection email or mail?

I honestly don't think they will reject anyone until their class is filled.

Is alternate list same as waiting list?

Is alternate list same as waiting list?

Yup :) I believe so

I honestly don't think they will reject anyone until their class is filled.

I agree :)

That was my first post because people here were asking about status of people with blank. You can call Stephanie and ask. She said I won't receive alternate offer letter and that is why there is blank on my file. Since we are on the priority list we are likely to receive 2nd round of acceptance letter soon.. Well.. This too all depends on how many people decline the offer from the 1st round. Either way she said we are in more favorable position than alternates... So yeah.. Believe what you wanna believe. I was just letting people know what's going on w my blank status.

Thank you for informing us :) many of us were wondering about that

For the benefit of statistics my status is also blank. I hope that means I am high priority but it does sound a bit fishy that the applicants LECOM is most, well second most, interested in would be ignored on the portal. I may call once this week calms down.