Least competitve ortho programs? Hurry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gj smoove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that all ortho programs are very competitive but are there any that are not as competitive as the avergage ortho program. I am an ex college athlete and go to a top 10 med school (U.S). My board scores aren't that hot but there are not many college athletes in med school these days. Which are the easier programs to get into. I send out my ERAS next week. Please just give me straight answers not B.S. answers please

Members don't see this ad.

if the school in which you played sports has a program I would be kissing some butt if I were you.

O.K. like I said, no B.S. answers, either tell me some programs or nothing...

Members don't see this ad :)
no B.S. intended. Go where they know you.

Pick some no name schools in southern states or in the north-central U.S. Avoid the heavily populated states and big named schools. Its only $35 bucks a pop and you only live once.

good luck-no B.S. intended

wooo said:
no B.S. intended. Go where they know you.

Pick some no name schools in southern states or in the north-central U.S. Avoid the heavily populated states and big named schools. Its only $35 bucks a pop and you only live once.

good luck-no B.S. intended

Honestly, the answer is none. They are very competetive. You best chance is to do aways at smaller programs and shine. Apply to tons of programs and hope you are a good fit somewhere.

This GJ Smoove is a joke. Do a search on his name and you'll see that he is rude to lots of people in his posts, and he has asked how he can scam his way into ED, Psych, and PM&R with low board scores. And we are 1 week away from Nov. 1.

I can't wait for his reply here.

I am only rude to judgemental people like yourself! If you read my post carefully, I only make mean comments when people try to judge people for the questions that they ask rather than just answering the questions. Perhaps you are bothered by me because it is people that make comments just like yours that I attack. For your info, my board scores are above 220 and I go to a top 10 U.S. school. My Eras is out already, I am just curious about certain fields and I've got buddies that have not yet sent their ERAS. So the next time you read a post of a question from someone you don't care to reply to then do not reply at all. I didn't ask you to judge my character or comment on my previous post. I just asked a straight question and am looking for a straight answer. As far as I see, your the only rude one on this post. Have a great fall and good luck in the matching process MONKEYMAN.
monkeyman said:
This GJ Smoove is a joke. Do a search on his name and you'll see that he is rude to lots of people in his posts, and he has asked how he can scam his way into ED, Psych, and PM&R with low board scores. And we are 1 week away from Nov. 1.

I can't wait for his reply here.

gj smoove said:
I am only rude to judgemental people like yourself! If you read my post carefully, I only make mean comments when people try to judge people for the questions that they ask rather than just answering the questions. Perhaps you are bothered by me because it is people that make comments just like yours that I attack. For your info, my board scores are above 220 and I go to a top 10 U.S. school. My Eras is out already, I am just curious about certain fields and I've got buddies that have not yet sent their ERAS. So the next time you read a post of a question from someone you don't care to reply to then do not reply at all. I didn't ask you to judge my character or comment on my previous post. I just asked a straight question and am looking for a straight answer. As far as I see, your the only rude one on this post. Have a great fall and good luck in the matching process MONKEYMAN.

You just seem a bit confused, asking about all the other fields. Having low scores does not mean you have to pick a field that is least comp. Do what you love, and don?t make up the line you?re asking for your ?friend.? That?s along the lines of, ?I promise mom, that is my buddy?s pot.?

Good luck getting in with the attitude. I am sure you will be a great, caring doc in whichever of the ten fields you are applying. Tell your friend that is applying to ortho good luck

Wow, great case in point. I knew that guy would blow up.

So much for your original post about how you are sending your ERAS out next week. Guess you just like posting BS.