Lead Aprons/Leaded Glasses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobBarker

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
New pain fellow. Looking to purchase prescription leaded glasses. Also thinking about buying some personal lead for myself. The lead that I am using now is very short on me (probably intended for the nurses, doctors all have personal lead) and I am worried it isn't covering my testicles adequately. Places to purchase that you guys recommend? I assume the lead alternative aprons are just as safe as the lead ones, and would be the better option due to the reduced weight.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
kempermedical.com has the best pricing that I found. They are also very customer service oriented. Buy the lightest gown available. I like the Bar-Ray brand. Glasses must be tried before purchase IMO as they vary in comfort depending on the wearer. This brand allows home trial before purchase: http://www.barrieronline.com/radiation/index.php.

14.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
New pain fellow. Looking to purchase prescription leaded glasses. Also thinking about buying some personal lead for myself. The lead that I am using now is very short on me (probably intended for the nurses, doctors all have personal lead) and I am worried it isn't covering my testicles adequately. Places to purchase that you guys recommend? I assume the lead alternative aprons are just as safe as the lead ones, and would be the better option due to the reduced weight.

It should cover down to your knees, so either the lead is way too short, or you're hanging too low

Lead needs probably another 8 inches to make it to my knees. I guess no more boxer shorts for me until I get some new lead

Bumping this because I'm thinking of buying personal lead for myself as an attending. The lighter the better but I was wondering if there were any thoughts on how different material holds up against radiation over time?

don't waste money on prescription glasses - just get over the glasses lead glasses -

Reactions: 1 user
Kiarmor revolution by infab is the best apron I have tried. . Mine is all flat black. Got my hospital to buy it for me. Still haven't gotten my glasses yet.