Lead sleeves

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocsux

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experiences with these? Are they heavy? Do they hinder movement? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• rev-slv-2.png
    rev-slv-2.png
    864.7 KB · Views: 59
  • vni.jpg
    vni.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 60
Doesn't want his underarm hair to fall out

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not myself, but during my DRG training the guy recommended a left arm lead sleeve due to how much time he spent doing live flouro while manipulating the wire.
Let him improve his technique. Would never wear any more lead than necessary. Gloves = increased radiation. Sleeve = impaired mobility.

Anyone seen these weightless exoskeletons in person? Probably ridiculously expensive but maybe hospital will buy?

Reactions: 1 user
Let him improve his technique. Would never wear any more lead than necessary. Gloves = increased radiation. Sleeve = impaired mobility.
Seems I'm ignorant. Care to explain the gloves = increased radiation bit?

Seems I'm ignorant. Care to explain the gloves = increased radiation bit?
Only if you flouro while your hand is in the beam. The C-arm will compensate for increased density by increasing Xray delivery. Radiation gloves themselves are fine, just don't fluoro your hand.

Reactions: 3 users
Only if you flouro while your hand is in the beam. The C-arm will compensate for increased density by increasing Xray delivery. Radiation gloves themselves are fine, just don't fluoro your hand.
Exactly. X rat gloves still reduce scatter radiation to your hands for cases with heavy live fluoro.

I wear them for all SCS cases but I don’t put my hands in the beam.

I like this...curious as well. Wonder what the cost is

Sorry if I'm ridiculous, but has anyone used the Extra large thyroid collar?

500-thyroid-scaled.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like all of that area would be covered by regular thyroid shield and vest

this is what i use for my flouro injections:

280px-M4_Sherman_tank_-_Flickr_-_Joost_J._Bakker_IJmuiden.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if I'm ridiculous, but has anyone used the Extra large thyroid collar?

500-thyroid-scaled.jpg
is that what they put on pain doctors after their balls get removed by admin so they don’t lick their stitches?

Reactions: 1 users
Granted are not using the sames does as IR or cardiac; is anyone using the bed skirt or the movable transparent thing they use?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone seen these weightless exoskeletons in person? Probably ridiculously expensive but maybe hospital will buy?

I saw it during residency. One of our vascular surgeons would use it during EVARs. Kinda silly I think

You guys aren't doing robot assisted procedures yet?