Latterday - Saints Church in San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nice structure. To make this pharmacy related, how far is UCSD Pharmacy School from this church?

img1279kr3.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

And Huntington Beach Pier.. my idiot pharmacist buddy wanted me to show him how to do night photography...so we were out there really late taking pictures.

img1157np0.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
So Epic - I'm going to be in San Diego for the APhA meeting in a couple of weeks and need to entertain myself and a few others for an afternoon. We're staying on the pier near the Embarcadero. Any ideas on what to do/see? Preferably cheap.

Why were you in San Diego?

So Epic - I'm going to be in San Diego for the APhA meeting in a couple of weeks and need to entertain myself and a few others for an afternoon. We're staying on the pier near the Embarcadero. Any ideas on what to do/see? Preferably cheap.

I was in San Diego for a golf outing with my buddies. This time of the year, only place in the US with predictable and warm weather is San Diego. Of course, your entertainment and mine are totally different... and aren't you pregnant? So you couldn't participate in stuff I do with the boys.

Stay away from Tijuana.. and take a scenic drive up the coast to Encinida through La Jolla.. Stop at a nice little cafe... and take lots of pictures.

Balboa Park is nice. There's several museums, gardens, and nice areas to walk around. The zoo is nice also, but it will cost you about $20 from what I remember.

Old Town is a popular tourist spot- some good Mexican restaurants over there- especially Casa de Bandini.

The Gaslamp district is the bar/restaurant area in downtown, close to where you are staying. It's nice, gets really busy at night, but it's also pricey.

If you have a car available, head up in the mountains to Julian. It's a little town famous for apple pies.

Balboa park is really really pretty...lots of fun to photograph! And like PharmD2MD mentioned, Gaslamp district is a blast at night. Live music at Croce's is great. And my fave place for dinner is Island Prime...but that's over on the water...towards the Sheraton. Warm spinach salad was excellent. Coronado is nice to see too if you've never been! If you weren't pregnant I'd definitely say to head over to Old Town for breakfast...and a Tecate + bloody mary mix ;)

I grew up right near the LDS Temple in the Chicago area. When I went to high school, you could see it from the athletic fields.

It looks like what I picture the White Castle corporate offices looking like. Bland, boring design. The Mormons fail at architecture.....which means they fail at converting me. God help the world should a religion revolving around Falling Water proliferate.

Here is a link to the address to the temple.
http://www.lds.org/temples/main/0,11204,1912-1-81-2,00.html
Here is the UCSD SOP address link
http://pharmacy.ucsd.edu/contact.shtm

Now do a maps.google.com search

I think "not far" would have worked.
Most (5/8) of my sibs got married at that particular temple. I got married in Oakland. We were renting the car and asking for directions and the guy said, oh yeah, it sticks out, reminds me of a rocket ship.:confused:
http://www.meridianmagazine.com/arts/images/5%20x%207%20Oakland%20Temple.jpg

It looks like what I picture the White Castle corporate offices looking like. Bland, boring design. The Mormons fail at architecture.....which means they fail at converting me. God help the world should a religion revolving around Falling Water proliferate.

Somehow I doubt it's just the architecture.:smuggrin:

Now how far is the DC temple to Howard SOP?

Attachments

• templepond2.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 74
Balboa park is really really pretty...lots of fun to photograph! And like PharmD2MD mentioned, Gaslamp district is a blast at night. Live music at Croce's is great. And my fave place for dinner is Island Prime...but that's over on the water...towards the Sheraton. Warm spinach salad was excellent. Coronado is nice to see too if you've never been! If you weren't pregnant I'd definitely say to head over to Old Town for breakfast...and a Tecate + bloody mary mix ;)

So you were selling drugs out in San Diego too?

Go to the Ferry Landing on Coronado Island for a good night shot of the downtown skyline (take the Coronado bay bridge, right turn at the stoplight, right turn at the end of that road).

Hope you had In N Out!

Take County Road S-21 from La Jolla to Oceanside for a great drive. Passes right by the golf course.

and haha...who's the idiot who posted google map directions? a durrr...haha, dense like a lead ball.:laugh:

O that's an incredible photograph.. did you take it?
I was there as an undergrad, I miss the warm warm evening air in San Diego... freezing in SF!

cool pic!
oh, and yep, ucsd SOP is right up the road, a 3 minute drive up.
Parking is a different story.