Latest MCAT session for starting med school in 2025?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemicallycomical

Reaction score
Hello! I am planning on entering med school in 2025. When would be the latest month in which I can take the MCAT? Would it be the May 2024 session? Thank you !

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I am planning on entering med school in 2025. When would be the latest month in which I can take the MCAT? Would it be the May 2024 session? Thank you !
Technically September for AMCAS, January 2025 for AACOMAS or even AACPMAS. To be "on time," recommended by May/June.

One awesome score at submission is generally better than waiting for a second or rushing to take a third. Some schools average scores during screening.

Plan for SJTs like PREview. Apply for FAP before taking the MCAT of your are eligible to fully benefit. Do not register for the MCAT without the waiver.

Reactions: 1 users
Technically September for AMCAS, January 2025 for AACOMAS or even AACPMAS. To be "on time," recommended by May/June.

One awesome score at submission is generally better than waiting for a second or rushing to take a third. Some schools average scores during screening.

Plan for SJTs like PREview. Apply for FAP before taking the MCAT of your are eligible to fully benefit. Do not register for the MCAT without the waiver.
If i studied for the MCAT starting in May, and I take it in august/september, will that hamper my application significantly ? Thank you for your help.

If i studied for the MCAT starting in May, and I take it in august/september, will that hamper my application significantly ? Thank you for your help.
It would be very late for the class entering in the Summer of that cycle (esp. for MD).
It is great for the year after that!

Reactions: 1 users