Late Night, Double Feature WW Sign Ups!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, when I set up the game thread, I will set up a watching thread, and I will get you a password and everything. <3
Oooh I wanna watch too!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I need to check that everybody reached the sign in, but it looks most of you did.

I started the game thread, got the bot going. Roles are assigned and will go out after I help with dinner. Game will start at midnight for the east coast for a long first day so I can be sure everything works.

I put most day cycles to run from 8:30-11:30 EST. I am happy to adjust that if it really won't work for somebody. (That is 6:30-9:30 MST) I just can't do 10pm EST... kiddos bedtime, hubby will kill me if I abandon him during the terror hour.

Would general concensus be role PMS here or MU?

I vote for there, then, but it looks like I'm in the minority. :)

I don't think it makes a difference to me, other than, maybe I can add pics over there and I think I get notifications a little smoother over here.

lol you Vet people have the most fun on SDN...other threads are always stressed and worried lol...tells me a lot about job satisfaction, good for you guys.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I will do them there but I am open to communication either way. I think it will help me keep characters straight with MU screen names... hopefully. :)

lol you Vet people have the most fun on SDN...other threads are always stressed and worried lol...tells me a lot about job satisfaction, good for you guys.
You don't have to be a vet to join these games... :hello: This one's about to run, but there's always the next sign-up!

Is it just me or is the Mafia Universe website not loading? :confused:

Reactions: 1 users
Is it just me or is the Mafia Universe website not loading? :confused:
I can't get it to go right now either. I was just going to start sending roles here and then see if I could get it working after each one.

....and as soon as I posted that, it went away again.

Awesome! Ok, I am a bit behind and I am still sending out roles. I will resend and open the game thread for Day 1 on time. I just will probably still be sending out role descriptions.

(And watching Rocky Horror...)

Hopefully all is working as expected, finally. If I screwed up something, let me know.

Kay dubs and kata, if you can't access the game thread, let me know. There was a different kind of coding glitch that occurred when I entered your thread, and that might take a different kind of cursing at the computer.

+pissed+ So glad I opened everything early "in case there were problems" rather than tomorrow morning. Why would I even question it?

Off to bed.

I hope you all have fun in the game, but felt like I needed to bring something up as I just checked in to see how it was going. Be aware that another forum has graciously allowed this game to be run and you all are guests.

I feel like you all are continuing in Doc and Dy's footsteps as ambassadors for this site and you all should make sure to think about any detrimental statements made about the Mafia Universe site as to not give an unfortunate impression of us.

There are cool people over there and it would be enjoyable to have camaraderie between us so we may be invited to future games due to our gaming excellence and impeccable character.

With that, I look forward to being entertained!!

tumblr_nb2p0lsAEO1tsebazo1_500.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry if my post came off as hard on MU. Thingyman has been freaking awesome with helping me out.

I am a bit technically challenged as is and had a lot of stupid things happen as I tried to set up last night: my Internet connection went slow and stuttery, then MU went down, then my connection went wonky again, then I had some problem with when I went to send PMs over there some of them would just leave the page and delete all my work (though maybe my sleeve or a fly was hitting the screen...), and I am still fighting with a few of the features over there, but that is mostly because I want it to do things it wasn't designed for.

The setup there works perfectly for what their people have asked for. A lot of it is really impressive and they are constantly improving it. We operate with a lot less (structure for the game) and a different format entirely.

I am duly impressed. I am just adapting to change more slowly than I would like. Getting there... slowly...

Whether I conquer my technological failures or not, I am still very, very excited about this game and hopefully it will be as great for everybody as I planned!

For anybody who hasn't noticed, the game has started...

Anybody with trouble logging in or finding threads, just let me know!

By the way, I love all of you!:biglove: Thank you for playing along with me and humoring my crazy love of this theme and letting me give some of you fits of the vapors.

Those of you who choose to outdo me.... :shifty:. I love it!

(And if you haven't taken a look at other recent games, we are not really challenging the social norms by too much, so no worries. Just apply judicious use of the spoiler button for the sake of work.)

Thanks for the tag LoTF! Bit too busy with clinics so kind of relieved I missed signups or I might have been tempted haha. I'd love to watch if possible though!

Thanks for the tag LoTF! Bit too busy with clinics so kind of relieved I missed signups or I might have been tempted haha. I'd love to watch if possible though!
I will have to ask for more passwords, give me just a bit and I will get you one!

Why do people need a password to observe? I've been able to view the thread without being logged in
I don't know. I was told they would. So I did it. (Maybe I did something wrong if I wanted a private game... biggest problem is the different vocabulary...)

I set up a thing for the observers though. I figured if I had to make people go through a rigamaroll to watch, I might as well reward them.

Maybe by "observe" they meant "observe and comment in some kind of observer's thread"?
Maybe, but it really sounded like the thread would be hidden to outsiders. But yes, they get their own commentary thread and such.

It must be. I don't think they are used to thinking about outsiders watching any more than we are to doing it if that is the case.

Hey, WZ, you went and watched Dy play in the championships. Did Thingy have you sign up to do that?

(Still just trying to figure out if it was pure misinterpretation on both sides.)

Maybe, but it really sounded like the thread would be hidden to outsiders. But yes, they get their own commentary thread and such.

It must be. I don't think they are used to thinking about outsiders watching any more than we are to doing it if that is the case.

Hey, WZ, you went and watched Dy play in the championships. Did Thingy have you sign up to do that?

(Still just trying to figure out if it was pure misinterpretation on both sides.)
they mean for spectators. There is a graveyard thread that you can make privately (and add dead players one by one). Occasionally, people who aren't playing like to watch and comment from there.

they mean for spectators. There is a graveyard thread that you can make privately (and add dead players one by one). Occasionally, people who aren't playing like to watch and comment from there.
That's pretty much what I set up... with a tweak of my own.

I just thought from the way he said it, that it was necessary to see the thread because we talked about how commentary was pretty likely to just be over here. He told me then to just ask for enough spare accounts to let interested people view the thread. But maybe he was talking spectator thread while I was still thinking game thread. :shrug::smack:

It's okay. I made it purposeful for the people that wander in.:corny:

Reactions: 6 users
Less than 25 minutes to lynch deadline!

We are missing a few voters!

This handsome man was "helping" me do write ups and results this morning.
20161106_080148.jpg

Reactions: 6 users