Late? DAT 18, 3.2 gpa?? Podiatry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckjets

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.
I have applied to NYCPM, Temple, and Barry June 2nd. DAT 18 (science 20, Bio 24, Orgo 19, Chem 18, QR 13, RC 15, PAT 15). GPA 3.2, SGPA 2.85 I am waiting for my professors who promised me to send in letter by the end of the week? Any chances to get in to these schools this late?

I have been told by people I don't know and by school critic that my personal statement was extraordinary. And my extracurricular activities are above average.

Do Podiatry School Officials look into this forum and identify student because I am reading all these offensive stuff on the site. All it would take is to cross-reference the info on the post with the data in applicants folders to identify the author of the post.

I have shadowed a podiatrist in and out of the Operating Room for 50+ hours.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
wow....This is real late in the game...I'd say u have a very slim chance, b/c your stats aren't "superb" or anything....Most schools have waiting lists already, & competition is getting stiff each year....Why are you applying this late???? Why not wait till next cycle?

Oh, have you even shadowed a pod???----bc you'll need a LOR from them too....

I've actually talked to a school that doesn't accept the DAT (MCAT only), & was told that they would take it on a case-by-case scenario if their AA score was 20+

Last edited:
I would say you have no idea what you are saying because the three schools I applied to accept the DAT. Please, anybody else, give me some expert help.
If you do not know something, ppl, do not post garbage on the site like the stuff above... I do not know whats the right answer, but the above is very untrue for my case.

Temple just invited me for an interview and NYCPM confirmed it still has open seats. Barry... I have no idea.

Ohh.... Mr AllenMarchallo..... Why not wait for next semester??? is that a real question?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say you have no idea what you are saying because the three schools I applied to accept the DAT. Please, anybody else, give me some expert help.
If you do not know something, ppl, do not post garbage on the site like the stuff above... I do not know whats the right answer, but the above is very untrue for my case.

Temple just invited me for an interview and NYCPM confirmed it still has open seats. Barry... I have no idea.

Ohh.... Mr AllenMarchallo..... Why not wait for next semester??? is that a real question?

:laugh:..No wonder you did horrible on the RC section of the DAT.....You can't read for ****.....Look closely & see that I didn't say that NY, Barry, & Temple DIDN'T accept the DAT.....I just know that schools who don't usually take them want a AA of 20+ on the DAT...(something to think about in your case).......Good job----you've secured an interview...It's crunch time, & I know schools are scrambling to get those last seats filled...

Oh, & no----I'm sure that all the schools are AWARE that SDN exists, but I highly doubt they actually CHECK & see anonymous posts by anonymous users & cross-reference them with a students "stats"......They have better things to do...I mean, what do u really have to hide???------Your academic stats are mediocre at best---but since your P.S is "extraordinary", have above average extra-curricular involvement I'm sure you'll do well in pod. school...........I'll assume that you have 50+ hours of shadowing a pod.

Lastly, "Why not wait till next cycle"----was a real legitimate question...Why???---Well, 1st, you took the DAT.....Is your heart so content with being limited to those 3 schools???.......Why not take the MCAT (do well on it) & have more options......After taking both MCAT/DAT, the DAT is a "cakewalk"......I'm sure the interview staff will ask you "why did u take the DAT & not the MCAT"......or..."Were you pre-dental, & if so, why the change in career choice???"......or...."why apply so late in the cycle?"

Despite my subtle sarcasm, these are real legitimate questions that might pose an unavoidable obstacle during your interview.....Don't take offense to it..

ah the drama... where is my.... :corny:

while i completely think its a bad idea this late in the game, OP you are the one thats gonna end up committing $200k to do this.

OP: you will get in. yes it is late in the game. i have a feeling that you will get in at NY. Temple states that their avg DAT score is 18.1 and their cGPA is 3.3; but whatever, ur close. As for Barry, they are supposedly done their cycle.

i think its safe to say that what you are missing out on is a higher scholarship by waiting. but if $ doesnt matter, then good luck at your upcoming interviews.

Is Ohio full? I'm not applying this cycle i'm just curious...

Hello.
I have applied to NYCPM, Temple, and Barry June 2nd. DAT 18 (science 20, Bio 24, Orgo 19, Chem 18, QR 13, RC 15, PAT 15). GPA 3.2, SGPA 2.85 I am waiting for my professors who promised me to send in letter by the end of the week? Any chances to get in to these schools this late?

I have been told by people I don't know and by school critic that my personal statement was extraordinary. And my extracurricular activities are above average.

Do Podiatry School Officials look into this forum and identify student because I am reading all these offensive stuff on the site. All it would take is to cross-reference the info on the post with the data in applicants folders to identify the author of the post.

I have shadowed a podiatrist in and out of the Operating Room for 50+ hours.

Your science gpa is a bit low, but you have an ok shot. I agree with allen that it is late in the cycle, but I think you can still get in (you might be miserable b/c you didn't go the dental route, but whatever). Allen's advice is pretty good, but once again, its your choice.

Make sure that if you never want to take the MCAT, you better get into one of those schools this cycle. Based on what I read about nycpm's site, they aren't taking the DAT (unless its an awesome score) next cycle. You can look up the rest of the schools.

The schools won't waste their time on this site trying to cross reference people. There's no way to prove that you aren't pretending to be someone else (without wasting money, time, and effort that can be put into something else more important).

good luck.

Thanks, I never wanted to go to dental route, I wanted podiatry and did not want to take the mcat, I studied one week for the DAT and only the sciences, hence the low grades on the RC, QR and PAT. I hate myself for not reviewing the PAT, I am getting much higher scores now on kaplan practice tests :(

Thanks, I never wanted to go to dental route, I wanted podiatry and did not want to take the mcat, I studied one week for the DAT and only the sciences, hence the low grades on the RC, QR and PAT. I hate myself for not reviewing the PAT, I am getting much higher scores now on kaplan practice tests :(

PAT doesn't mean jack for pod schools,they don't care about it. Same with personal statements for the most part.

They do care about mediocre grades, applying this late in the game, and your barely above average score on the DAT. Where the hell did that RC score come from? It's not very hard, especially if one is fluent in the english language.

You may get the okay from NYCPM, not sure about Temple. I would think about this very hard. You have a low science GPA and pod school is hard core basic science classes. A few schools love to accept people they know will fail out.

And in reality, if you always had intention to apply to podiatry school, why in god's name would you wait until June 2nd? That's pretty dumb IMO. Definitely limiting your chances of acceptance in addition to getting really any scholarship $$$. Pretty much all the schools START in August, even one beginning in July.

which skool, I done apply to? I been had a 1.8 and a 5 on da mcat?

Oh, well in that case just send Theta a message.

i love the intensity of this forum:thumbup:. its good that you guys give straight up answers without all the bs. you assess all the info as is and give an honest opinion w/o worrying about "hurt feelings," as often seen in the predental forums.

PAT doesn't mean jack for pod schools,they don't care about it. Same with personal statements for the most part.

They do care about mediocre grades, applying this late in the game, and your barely above average score on the DAT. Where the hell did that RC score come from? It's not very hard, especially if one is fluent in the english language.

You may get the okay from NYCPM, not sure about Temple. I would think about this very hard. You have a low science GPA and pod school is hard core basic science classes. A few schools love to accept people they know will fail out.

And in reality, if you always had intention to apply to podiatry school, why in god's name would you wait until June 2nd? That's pretty dumb IMO. Definitely limiting your chances of acceptance in addition to getting really any scholarship $$$. Pretty much all the schools START in August, even one beginning in July.

I got into both, yes I am a foreign student. I got a $6000 scholarship from temple, non from NYCPM. NYCPM is not such a bad school like everyone on this forums paints it to be.

I got into both, yes I am a foreign student. I got a $6000 scholarship from temple, non from NYCPM. NYCPM is not such a bad school like everyone on this forums paints it to be.

Oh? Why do you think that kind sir/madam?

Oh? Why do you think that kind sir/madam?

Sir, no offense, your comments are not taken seriously anywhere. I read your posts and I certainly agree with the people who think you are oblivious.

Sir, no offense, your comments are not taken seriously anywhere. I read your posts and I certainly agree with the people who think you are oblivious.

This man is a former senator and even though he was voted out of office (ie election fraud by stuart smalley) he still commands respect.

Yea I'm still mad about stuart. I asked you a question though sonny. Why makes NYCPM a champ?

Are seats still open at NYCPM?