Last Weekend on the Suze Orman Show

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I paid back my student loans in a few years. That's the best decision I ever made. I didn't borrow much so that helped. I freed myself from this debt forever.

I have been saving up for a mortgage ever since. I have gone thru the process of qualifying for a loan and just got pre-approved for a mortgage. I am planning to buy in early 2013.

Anymore questions?

I am thinking of paying my 80K off ASAP. After that I might try to save up as much as I can so I don't have to take out a mortage. Between me and a husband how long will it take to save up 500K for a house?

It's better to save up the money and just pay the house off in cash then to take out a 500K mortgage.

Members don't see this ad.

I am thinking of paying my 80K off ASAP. After that I might try to save up as much as I can so I don't have to take out a mortage. Between me and a husband how long will it take to save up 500K for a house?

It's better to save up the money and just pay the house off in cash then to take out a 500K mortgage.

YES, pay back your student loans ASAP. Free yourself from this debt forever then you can have your money work for you. Put money in your 401 k at least to the match and consider roth IRA as well.

It depends on how much your husband makes and if he has any debt. Seriously, it is not difficult to save. Just make sure you don't buy a new car or rent a really nice house. Set a goal for yourself and look into business opportunities. Talk to people who have made money and are well off. Learn from them.

I paid back my student loans in a few years. That's the best decision I ever made. I didn't borrow much so that helped. I freed myself from this debt forever.

I have been saving up for a mortgage ever since. I have gone thru the process of qualifying for a loan and just got pre-approved for a mortgage. I am planning to buy in early 2013.

Anymore questions?

Good luck with becoming a first time home buyer! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
YES, pay back your student loans ASAP. Free yourself from this debt forever then you can have your money work for you. Put money in your 401 k at least to the match and consider roth IRA as well.

It depends on how much your husband makes and if he has any debt. Seriously, it is not difficult to save. Just make sure you don't buy a new car or rent a really nice house. Set a goal for yourself and look into business opportunities. Talk to people who have made money and are well off. Learn from them.

I totally agree. Student loans are at 6.8%...unless you are GUARANTEE to make MORE THAN 6.8% with your money...I would use all of it to pay back the loans ASAP.

It's gonna be hard to find a GUARANTEE 7%+ NET GAIN now a days! lol....

I have never and would NEVER date anyone with student loans. My 80K is bad enough. I will NOT add to that. haha...

I live in a very nice house right now....I am renting a room out for $600 a month and the house is pretty big and pretty....I might live here forever if I find a job in this city.

I am trying to understand this here. Lets say a person owe 100K in student loans.

You make 120K as a pharmacist.

Lets just say you get to keep 70K of it (which is pretty accurate).

You spent about 20K a year living. (poor lifestyle but only temporary)

You can put 50K a year on the student loans.

Loans should be gone in 4 years. Not too shabby. Why can't everyone do this?

Why would anyone be stupid enough to extend it longer than 3 or 4 years? :confused:

10 years is insane.

I have never and would NEVER date anyone with student loans. My 80K is bad enough. I will NOT add to that. haha...

To me it is not so much that they have student loans...just that many of them have no idea or plan on paying it back. Many of them don't understand the risk and the lost opportunity when they owe so much money.

Things happen in life. Don't expect to be able to work for the next 25 years. But guess what? Your student loans are not going away.

I totally agree. Student loans are at 6.8%...unless you are GUARANTEE to make MORE THAN 6.8% with your money...I would use all of it to pay back the loans ASAP.

It's gonna be hard to find a GUARANTEE 7%+ NET GAIN now a days! lol....

I live in a very nice house right now....I am renting a room out for $600 a month and the house is pretty big and pretty....I might live here forever if I find a job in this city.

6.8%!!! Yikes! how times have changed. 2.375% in 2004. I extended it over many years. Making much more than 2.375% in my investments so not worth paying them off right away. That is just my experience.

If you go 200k in the hole for pharmacy school you are pretty stupid. Hell, I'm 85k and I think that's crazy enough. I couldn't imagine 1600/month in loans

No choice. 2-3 years undergrad required + 4 years of school. I went to public school for undergrad x 4 years + private school (cheaper than UCSF, public school, actually) and I'm in > 200k

Full price payment on loans is $2k/mo (they're in repayment now), IBR on resident salary brings it to $300/mo, will rise to ~$800-$1000/mo on full salary x 10 years.

Numbers crunched, I seem to be fine. ::shrug::

2) don't ever date someone with student loans.PERIOD. The End. If a doctor ask me out and I found out he owes 250K in student loans? Well, BYE BYE.

If he is an ortho guy $300k in debt is a piece of cake, 2 years of salary max with moonlighting, he will pay it off and you will be drowning with money after that. Heck even if he is only a fam guy that brings in $180k, he can work more OT/moonlight and pay it off in 2 years.

I worked for less than 4.5 years and my net worth is a little more than $1/2M already. It is all depend on the person. How badly he wants to get rid of the debt. Most people don't want to suffer for 5 years living like a college student to be completely debt-free, so they choose a longer path. But, that's ok too, everyone is different. If everyone is the same, the world will be boring.

Don't put more than a 1/3 of your net worth into a house. House is a dead equity that only tracks inflation ~3%/year. No diversification also. Paying cash = Lost of opportunity of greater return on that money.

Thank you. Just trying to share my knowledge about qualifying for a mortgage.

I am in the market for 30 year fixed now. I am getting 6 GFEs tomorrow to compare and pick the best rate with the least amount of junk fees.

CA and every where else. You don't need 20%, you can do it with 3.5% FHA - 10% DP but you are gonna pay more in PMI and higher interest rate. When you submit your offer, you are probably going to pay by NOT getting a house you want or offering higher than necessary since a lot of sellers will toss your offer in the trash bin if you have 3.5% FHA financing (they think you are a weaker buyer) - especially true in CA where it becomes a seller market.

Don't put more than a 1/3 of your net worth into a house. House is a dead equity that only tracks inflation ~3%/year. No diversification also. Paying cash = Lost of opportunity of greater return on that money.

Agree with this. Plus a huge house is a big drain on monthly maintenance expenses - lawn, cleaning, utilities, etc.

I am in the market for 30 year fixed now. I am getting 6 GFEs tomorrow to compare and pick the best rate with the least amount of junk fees.

CA and every where else. You don't need 20%, you can do it with 3.5% FHA - 10% DP but you are gonna pay more in PMI and higher interest rate. When you submit your offer, you are probably going to pay by NOT getting a house you want or offering higher than necessary since a lot of sellers will toss your offer in the trash bin if you have 3.5% FHA financing (they think you are a weaker buyer) - especially true in CA where it becomes a seller market.

I have never put 20% down and have closed a few deals with no money down. I also haven't paid PMI since my very first mortgage 14 years ago. I manage my own escrow for taxes and insurance so I don't get screwed over by the bank that way either.

Edit: supposed to be closing on our refi today at noon. I'm not sure I'll make it. It's freezing and I'm still feeling like crap after surgery last week. Plus I feel like it's kind of stupid to drag the new baby out in this weather. I may call them and ask them to bring the paperwork here. :)

Plan
- pay off $6,000 on credit cards @ 24% from emergency fund.
- consolidate loans and Adrienne to go on IBR and Justin to go on graduated payment plans to bring payments down to $1,600/mo. Does Adrienne pay anything on IBR if she is unemployed?
- sell house. Reduces housing expenses by $800/mo. Return $60k in equity and put in emergency fund. Rent for $1,000-$1,200/mo.
- reduce food expenses from $1,300 to $1,000/mo.
I'm very disappointed by this plan. Suze may have tackled the short-term cash flow issues of being unemployed. But she pretty much destroyed the long-term picture by advising to sell the house. She also had no plan whatsoever for paying down the student loans. In fact, she just kicked the can down the road by extending the duration to lower the payments. Well that's just going to add even more interest. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
No choice. 2-3 years undergrad required + 4 years of school. I went to public school for undergrad x 4 years + private school (cheaper than UCSF, public school, actually) and I'm in > 200k

Full price payment on loans is $2k/mo (they're in repayment now), IBR on resident salary brings it to $300/mo, will rise to ~$800-$1000/mo on full salary x 10 years.

Numbers crunched, I seem to be fine. ::shrug::

It's only 10 years if you work for certain government jobs right?

Regularly it's 25 years isn't it? Please clarify.

I hope you are able to land the government job needed to get that 10 year deal!

If he is an ortho guy $300k in debt is a piece of cake, 2 years of salary max with moonlighting, he will pay it off and you will be drowning with money after that. Heck even if he is only a fam guy that brings in $180k, he can work more OT/moonlight and pay it off in 2 years.

I worked for less than 4.5 years and my net worth is a little more than $1/2M already. It is all depend on the person. How badly he wants to get rid of the debt. Most people don't want to suffer for 5 years living like a college student to be completely debt-free, so they choose a longer path. But, that's ok too, everyone is different. If everyone is the same, the world will be boring.

Okay let me get this straight here.

You are saying you are worth 2 million dollars. BUT you want to take out a 30 year LOAN for a 600K house? :confused:

So you recommend people to take out loans for houses even if they can paid it off in cash? :confused:

But in 30 years you will be paying very heavy interest rates....you might end up paying over 1M for your house.

I see what you are saying...but do you really have a GUARANTEE WAY TO MAKE 10%+ or 20%+ NET GAIN with your money???

The ONLY way I can justify NOT paying off a mortagage ASAP or student loans ASAP is if I have some magically GUARANTEE WAY that I can earn a 20%+ NET GAIN in every penny I own.

If I can really make 20%+ in NET profit with every single dollar I have then sure...I'll worry about that cheap 6.8% student loan LATER....

But who has this guarantee WAY TO MAKE BIG BUCKS????

I mean GUARANTEE...

Okay let me get this straight here.

You are saying you are worth 2 million dollars. BUT you want to take out a 30 year LOAN for a 600K house? :confused:

So you recommend people to take out loans for houses even if they can paid it off in cash? :confused:

But in 30 years you will be paying very heavy interest rates....you might end up paying over 1M for your house.

I see what you are saying...but do you really have a GUARANTEE WAY TO MAKE 10%+ or 20%+ NET GAIN with your money???

The ONLY way I can justify NOT paying off a mortagage ASAP or student loans ASAP is if I have some magically GUARANTEE WAY that I can earn a 20%+ NET GAIN in every penny I own.

If I can really make 20%+ in NET profit with every single dollar I have then sure...I'll worry about that cheap 6.8% student loan LATER....

But who has this guarantee WAY TO MAKE BIG BUCKS????

I mean GUARANTEE...

How much do you think home mortgage interest rates are?

You need glasses.

A 3% mortgage rate is almost nothing. If I had $2M, I'd still take a mortgage because the liquid cash left over will MOST LIKELY earn more than 3%. Ok, let me it really simple to understand. Historically 8% stock market return - 3% mortgage interest = 5% return of money you do not put into the house. Stock is not the only way to go, you can try to get another mortgage and turn it into rental property, which also gives you a higher return and leverage play than putting every penny you have into 1 house.

There is no guarantee in life. Only Madoff can guarantee your investment return. Look where he is now...

Reactions: 1 user
You need glasses.

A 3% mortgage rate is almost nothing. If I had $2M, I'd still take a mortgage because the liquid cash left over will MOST LIKELY earn more than 3%. Ok, let me it really simple to understand. Historically 8% stock market return - 3% mortgage interest = 5% return of money you do not put into the house. Stock is not the only way to go, you can try to get another mortgage and turn it into rental property, which also gives you a higher return and leverage play than putting every penny you have into 1 house.

There is no guarantee in life. Only Madoff can guarantee your investment return. Look where he is now...

Okay. Fair enough. So it's smart to take out a mortgage b/c it's only 3%, but for student loans do you agree to pay it off ASAP b/c it's at 6.8%?

Rental property is fine but problems arise when you get pain in the ass renters that 1) don't pay rent 2) damage your house or 3) you have to end up paying court cost to get rid of them.

My parents rented a house to a couple that doesn't like paying rent....they were a PAIN in the ass the entire time...not sure if I want to deal with that myself. :/

Okay. Fair enough. So it's smart to take out a mortgage b/c it's only 3%, but for student loans do you agree to pay it off ASAP b/c it's at 6.8%?

Rental property is fine but problems arise when you get pain in the ass renters that 1) don't pay rent 2) damage your house or 3) you have to end up paying court cost to get rid of them.

My parents rented a house to a couple that doesn't like paying rent....they were a PAIN in the ass the entire time...not sure if I want to deal with that myself. :/

Yes, any loan over 5% interest, I'd try to pay it off ASAP. It's hard to get >5% return.

Screen your tenants right. Trust but verify. Call their 3 past landlords, call their employers, check credit history over 700+, no bad marks on credit report, no judgement/delinquency, pick the one with stable jobs (health care, gov jobs) if you can, get someone with minimum 3X gross income vs rent, 2 income household, interview them face to face and trust your gut. If you do your homework right, you are likely not stuck with a bad tenant.

Reactions: 1 user

Yes, you are right. IBR is only for federal loans, not for private loans. The amount you will be paying = 15% of your adjusted gross income (for most, it is your pre-tax salary - 401k).

Pretty crappy.

Whether taking 3% is good or bad depends on your situation. You can actually get a better deal if you pay all in cash. Cash is king.

Whether taking 3% is good or bad depends on your situation. You can actually get a better deal if you pay all in cash. Cash is king.

Yes, if you have the cash, you can submit an offer all cash. Even if you offer a little less ~$10k than other buyers, your offer is more competitive and more likely to get accepted than others with financing contingency. Then the next day after you get the house, you can do delayed financing and take ~70% equity back to invest in higher expected returning assets.

Government and all 501c3 non profits, which is every employer I'm looking at.

If it's a private employer I need about an extra $10k/yr over the nonprofit to make it sorta even out.

Yes, you are right. IBR is only for federal loans, not for private loans. The amount you will be paying = 15% of your adjusted gross income (for most, it is your pre-tax salary - 401k).

Pretty crappy.

Pretty good deal...unless you did the private loan thing, then it does suck.

Since day 1 though of my undergrad career...I was told to take federal loans even though they had a slightly higher rate than the privates.

Government and all 501c3 non profits, which is every employer I'm looking at.

If it's a private employer I need about an extra $10k/yr over the nonprofit to make it sorta even out.

Are those jobs easier to get? Should I look into it?

I'll take anything I just want money that's it.

Pretty good deal...unless you did the private loan thing, then it does suck.

Since day 1 though of my undergrad career...I was told to take federal loans even though they had a slightly higher rate than the privates.

Explain why would anyone take private loans? I recommend only taking the Stafford loans.

Explain why would anyone take private loans? I recommend only taking the Stafford loans.

Because some of us with good credit were able to get a lower interest rate than our Stafford loans.

Because some of us with good credit were able to get a lower interest rate than our Stafford loans.

My credit is 790, but I never look into it. I like the Stafford loans when they are subsidized. I take out mostly subsidized loans...I only take out the unsub when I have to and it's to a min. I don't like paying high interest while in school.

Is it variable interest or fixed? If you are able to get it locked in at 2% or 3% and it won't ever change then I say that's a great thing...but if it's variable then chances are it will be much more than 6.8% many times throughout the course of the loan.

My credit is 790, but I never look into it. I like the Stafford loans when they are subsidized. I take out mostly subsidized loans...I only take out the unsub when I have to and it's to a min. I don't like paying high interest while in school.

I've never paid interest while in school. With subsidized Stafford loans, once you go into repayment you see all that interest you didn't pay while in school given to you on the month you go into the payment period. They call it capitalized interest.

I've never paid interest while in school. With subsidized Stafford loans, once you go into repayment you see all that interest you didn't pay while in school given to you on the month you go into the payment period. They call it capitalized interest.

Hmm...I never thought about that. LOL... I just need to get that 80K debt paid off ASAP is all I know.

Is all your private loans FIXED at a super low percent? I would only take fixed interest loans. Variable is too risky...it can go up to anything.

Hmm...I never thought about that. LOL... I just need to get that 80K debt paid off ASAP is all I know.

Is all your private loans FIXED at a super low percent? I would only take fixed interest loans. Variable is too risky...it can go up to anything.

Two years max to pay off 80k, as long as you stay living frugally. 120k gross X 2 X 60% after tax = $144k - 80k loan = $64k/2 years = $32k/year cost of living. You should be able to live with just $32k/year take home or $2600/month. That is like a luxury for me. If you live in Atlanta, GA, cost of living is below average there, house is cheap, everything is cheap. If you stay in TX, no income tax, rent is cheap... $80k loan is nothing with regular pharmacist salary.

Two years max to pay off 80k, as long as you stay living frugally. 120k gross X 2 X 60% after tax = $144k - 80k loan = $64k/2 years = $32k/year cost of living. You should be able to live with just $32k/year take home or $2600/month. That is like a luxury for me. If you live in Atlanta, GA, cost of living is below average there, house is cheap, everything is cheap. If you stay in TX, no income tax, rent is cheap... $80k loan is nothing with regular pharmacist salary.

Thanks for the support! lol...

Now I just need a job. I will be interviewing with HEB next week. I have been bugging HEB, Costco, Target and Walmart for jobs.

If you know of a job opening please PM me. :)

I will either live in Atlanta or somewhere in Texas. Whereever I can find a job at first!

Don't you mean unsubsidized Staffords get the interest that accumulated during school capitalized once you start repayment?

Subsidized Staffords have the interest paid by the government while in school.

Don't you mean unsubsidized Staffords get the interest that accumulated during school capitalized once you start repayment?

Subsidized Staffords have the interest paid by the government while in school.

Yeah, I had to rethink that. The unsubsidized stafford loans have capitalized interest like private loans do.

Yeah I don't know...I was just told early on that federal loans were the way to go, my undergrad AND pharmacy school actively discouraged private loan origination.

Either way, the gov't back stops the loan, so might as well cut out the middleman.

Glad I did, current private loan holders are getting hosed. Those who took them out earlier are probably okay unless a private loan holder wanted to get onto the federally available programs (IBR, PSLF, new IBR, PAYE, etc....).

Eh it's just money, it'll get paid eventually.

I can't stand any of my loans. I saw on one site that I've paid over 10k to my loans and while the one close to 5k is paid in full, the other two staffords that were taken out at max for sub and unsub only dropped close to 2k. It literally feels like my money is going nowhere. As for the other site where I've paid over 20k, I've almost knocked out my 16k loan and am about to start on the other big loan there. It's just frustrating when you're trying to get rid of your loans from sallie mae and great lakes but the interest itself holds you back from making real progress. :(

I can't stand any of my loans. I saw on one site that I've paid over 10k to my loans and while the one close to 5k is paid in full, the other two staffords that were taken out at max for sub and unsub only dropped close to 2k. It literally feels like my money is going nowhere. As for the other site where I've paid over 20k, I've almost knocked out my 16k loan and am about to start on the other big loan there. It's just frustrating when you're trying to get rid of your loans from sallie mae and great lakes but the interest itself holds you back from making real progress. :(

Well that's like a mortgage, the amount you pay in interest vs. principal is so wonk status that most homeowners are told to NEVER look at a) the difference between both and b) the total amount paid after 30 years.

So take that advice and just stop looking at your loan balances, there should be a schedule in place, just pop it onto your calendar when you're within 3 months of paying it off.

It's not that you're avoiding reality, but it's like worrying/fretting over the weather.

Well that's like a mortgage, the amount you pay in interest vs. principal is so wonk status that most homeowners are told to NEVER look at a) the difference between both and b) the total amount paid after 30 years.

So take that advice and just stop looking at your loan balances, there should be a schedule in place, just pop it onto your calendar when you're within 3 months of paying it off.

It's not that you're avoiding reality, but it's like worrying/fretting over the weather.

It's hard not to feel burdened by them especially when you're paying 40k yearly and trying to get rid of the loans in 4 to 4.5 years.. I will probably go up to 45k next year or a little more if I can do more overtime,but CVS is makes me cringe at the thought of working extra for them.

It's hard not to feel burdened by them especially when you're paying 40k yearly and trying to get rid of the loans in 4 to 4.5 years.. I will probably go up to 45k next year or a little more if I can do more overtime,but CVS is makes me cringe at the thought of working extra for them.

What's the rush? If you have private loans tied to LIBOR, they're probably super cheap. You can do more useful things with your money...but if you've already paid off every single credit card down to zero and have 6 months expenses saved up, and maxed out your 401k, then you're on the right track.

If any of those haven't been done, you need to reevaluate.

People (in general, not you) have this irrational fear of debt. It's fine to be debt averse, but I've seen people become penny-wise/pound-foolish when it comes to loans/debt/notes/etc.

Hi:) I am actually the pharmacist who appeared on that particular show and I noticed several hateful remarks made about me, my situation, and the general stupidity of anyone who is in my position. I just wanted to make a few things clear. First, the general attitude of many of the commentators regarding my short clip is aggressive and snotty at best. I especially take offense to one of the first comments indicating what a "loser" I must be and questioning my "defect" for not being able to find work for over 18 months. The simple explanation is that there are very limited jobs in my area of the country. I am in no way a loser, although I dare state that the person commenting that I am must himself be one. Second, my husband and I mortgaged a reasonable home and put well over 20% down. We also had no problem obtaining approval for a mortgage. Third, it is very common for anyone who is trying to obtain a professional level degree to owe this much in student loans, neither my husband nor myself are crazy or stupid in any way. In fact, if anyone actually watches the clip they will have a greater understanding of our true situation, which is that we are a high income-high debt household. Our emergency fund probably puts many to shame and we are proud to be the professionals that we are. Lastly, to the young woman who stated that she would never even date anyone who held any kind of debt, good luck Honey, you will be alone for a long time with the kind of standards you have set for yourself. My best advice to you, and the advice I believe Suze would give also, is to invest some serious cash into the best damn vibrator on the market because there isn't a man around who wants to date the kind of bitch you are. Best regards to all:)

^^Don't worry too much about the people on this forum. Many of them are not out in the real world yet and owe a **** load of student loans.

Yet somehow they were able to qualify for a mortgage? Thought that was impossible with student loan debt. :confused:

It isn't at all impossible, and I should know since I am the pharmacist who appeared on that show. Also, not only did we qualify for a mortgage, we also put more than 20% down on our home and have over $75,000 in our emergency fund. All of you people on this post just seem absolutely cynical, hateful, and plain unhappy. Get a life.

^^Don't worry too much about the people on this forum. Many of them are not out in the real world yet and owe a **** load of student loans.
Thanks BMBiology, it actually did all hurt my feelings at first but you are correct, once the real world slaps them in the face they may not be too quick with the hate! Thanks for you kindness. I think I will stop reading about myself now, most of what I am reading isn't even true:) Happy Holidays to you and yours.

It isn't at all impossible, and I should know since I am the pharmacist who appeared on that show. Also, not only did we qualify for a mortgage, we also put more than 20% down on our home and have over $75,000 in our emergency fund. All of you people on this post just seem absolutely cynical, hateful, and plain unhappy. Get a life.

I was being sarcastic because another poster was claiming that no one with student loan debt would be able to get a mortgage. That's clearly not true, and if you'd read all of my posts and not just picked one out to get angry about, you'd see that.

I have in no way maligned you, your husband, or your situation.

Do I need to watch it? It's obviously not credible. No one with that kind of student loan debt can qualify for a mortgage, right?

My apologies, I thought from the posts you made such as the one above, and the last one that I quoted that you were serious. Boy was I a fool. I believe it was you that made both original posts. Please don't feel that you need to reply again. I have no tolerance for people who have no idea what they are talking about. Best of luck with your daughter.

My apologies, I thought from the posts you made such as the one above, and the last one that I quoted that you were serious. Boy was I a fool. I believe it was you that made both original posts. Please don't feel that you need to reply again. I have no tolerance for people who have no idea what they are talking about. Best of luck with your daughter.

My remark was sarcastic, in response to this claim:

A major problem with the high debt is that you can't get a mortgage. In addition, you are not going to be able to save enough for the standard 20% down anyways. You will be a renter for the rest of your life. Something to consider.

This is a common theme of BMB's posts - that people with student loan debt can't get mortgages. The post you quoted was poking fun at that, not at you. You are reacting to something that wasn't even about you.

I realize, if you aren't used to following forum threads, that the meandering conversations can get confusing. I assure you, I was not making fun of your situation. I actually have little interest in your situation at all. I didn't even watch the video. :shrug:

I was only interested in countering the misinformation that "high student loan debt" = never owning a home.

Also, thanks for the well wishes about my daughter. She's dead. She was murdered almost five years ago.

My remark was sarcastic, in response to this claim:

This is a common theme of BMB's posts - that people with student loan debt can't get mortgages. The post you quoted was poking fun at that, not at you. You are reacting to something that wasn't even about you.

I realize, if you aren't used to following forum threads, that the meandering conversations can get confusing. I assure you, I was not making fun of your situation. I actually have little interest in your situation at all. I didn't even watch the video. :shrug:

I was only interested in countering the misinformation that "high student loan debt" = never owning a home.

Also, thanks for the well wishes about my daughter. She's dead. She was murdered almost five years

We all have our sob stories lady, and just as you are uninterested in me, I am uninterested in you and your daughter as well. As sarcastic as you say you have been, I thought you would recognize sarcasm in my tone as well. Let's end this here while its still friendly:) Happy Holidays.

Please don't drag me into this. Like I had previously clarified, the situation in states like California is very different from where you live. It is already hard to get a mortgage here and certainly, if you have a lot student loan, it is going to be even harder.

BTW, she mentioned they had put down 20% for a house so what you said was not accurate.

We all have our sob stories lady, and just as you are uninterested in me, I am uninterested in you and your daughter as well. As sarcastic as you say you have been, I thought you would recognize sarcasm in my tone as well. Let's end this here while its still friendly:) Happy Holidays.

Welcome to SDN. :)