Larkin University Master of Biomedical Science (Post-Bacc) Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lornitas8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on applying for the post bacc program at Larkin University for spring 2020. I haven't been able to find much information about this program from past students. Is it a good program? Does anyone have any information regarding that post-bacc program? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got accepted into this program for this fall semester, and also have been scouring the internet for any useful information before pulling the trigger... no such luck though. One thing I've made note of is that there isn't really any super negative information (there's a lot of flak for the pharm school though, which makes this program a little sketchy tbh...), but nothing brightly positive either to give me that sense of relief of having been accepted. I'm leaning toward attending, since a post-bacc is a post-bacc, and the financial commitment isn't as terrible as others, but I've been trying to really weigh the pros and cons of going to a program that doesn't have the guarantees other programs offer for seats into medical school right after.

If you find any more info, I'd love to get a bit more insight too! At this point with August rolling up in a hot minute, I'm running against the clock here, but more information never hurts.

I just got accepted into this program for this fall semester, and also have been scouring the internet for any useful information before pulling the trigger... no such luck though. One thing I've made note of is that there isn't really any super negative information (there's a lot of flak for the pharm school though, which makes this program a little sketchy tbh...), but nothing brightly positive either to give me that sense of relief of having been accepted. I'm leaning toward attending, since a post-bacc is a post-bacc, and the financial commitment isn't as terrible as others, but I've been trying to really weigh the pros and cons of going to a program that doesn't have the guarantees other programs offer for seats into medical school right after.

If you find any more info, I'd love to get a bit more insight too! At this point with August rolling up in a hot minute, I'm running against the clock here, but more information never hurts.
Hey,
Did you attend to their program? I got accepted for Fall 2020 and I try to find information about their school

Members don't see this ad :)

hey do you have any updates?

I am planning on applying for the post bacc program at Larkin University for spring 2020. I haven't been able to find much information about this program from past students. Is it a good program? Does anyone have any information regarding that post-bacc program? Thanks!
Do not. They're not accredited and most likely will not. Bad idea unless you're a bad student and can't get in anywhere else :)))... They take that kind... all of them

Well... let me start by saying you can't find much info about this program because they're not accredited. They were so bad they lost their regional candidate status (first step of accreditation process) and is reapplying. I say stay away from these suckers!

Well... let me start by saying you can't find much info about this program because they're not accredited. They were so bad they lost their regional candidate status (first step of accreditation process) and is reapplying. I say stay away from these suckers!
LU is fully licensed by the Commission of Independent Education. LU never had regional candidate status (with SACS-COC as the regional accreditation body), so they hardly could have lost that status. You also can only get regional accreditation if all your programs already have graduates and you can demonstrate student outcomes and placements. LU graduated their first class of PharmD students only in 2019 so hardly could have applied for SACS-COC earlier than that. Also candidate status is not the first step but already the last step before getting full accreditations and typically happens about 2 years of having submitted an applications.

LU is fully licensed by the Commission of Independent Education. LU never had regional candidate status (with SACS-COC as the regional accreditation body), so they hardly could have lost that status. You also can only get regional accreditation if all your programs already have graduates and you can demonstrate student outcomes and placements. LU graduated their first class of PharmD students only in 2019 so hardly could have applied for SACS-COC earlier than that. Also candidate status is not the first step but already the last step before getting full accreditations and typically happens about 2 years of having submitted an applications.
I am looking for housing near LU from 6/1/21 to approximately 8/31/21 for testing being conducted at LU. Do you know of any available housing walking distance to LU? Thanks