laptop for DVM program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emb30

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I tried looking at posts on this and the most discussion I could see was from 2010-2011. Im in desperate need of a laptop for vet school. Any recommendations on what to buy? I’ve never had a Mac but am considering it. I’ve had a Samsung for the last 7 years and don’t really love it. What does everyone have? Do you love it or hate it? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! I tried looking at posts on this and the most discussion I could see was from 2010-2011. Im in desperate need of a laptop for vet school. Any recommendations on what to buy? I’ve never had a Mac but am considering it. I’ve had a Samsung for the last 7 years and don’t really love it. What does everyone have? Do you love it or hate it? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Many schools suggest certain laptop criteria, but I personally have a Lenovo Yoga and I adore it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I feel like Macs are overpriced. Find something with a decent processor (i5 or i7), a fair amount of RAM (8GB or more) and you'll be fine.

Reactions: 3 users
not in vet school, but the sort of laptop that gets you through health profession/professional/grad school is likely similar whether it's human animals or otherwise

I second Lenovo, frequently top of the line performance for money, the most used brand for big business for this reason

I also like Acer in terms of quality for the money

Reactions: 1 users