Lacking research...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
it seems like everyone and their momma is getting involved with some research to make them more competative...i'm in the middle of my 3rd year with the toughest rotations ahead of me (surgery and medicine) and even if I wanted to get involved with somthing it would be impossible with my schedule. it looks like by the time I apply, i'll have some other EC's and stuff on my app but not research. is this going to be a big hit for me? are there a good number of apps out there without research on their cv??

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

What are you trying to say about my mom?

You should be fine... it might hurt your chances a bit at getting interviews at places that churn out a lot of academic mds (actually very few), but I'm assuming you're not that interested in staying in academics anyways...

dlung said:
What are you trying to say about my mom?

You should be fine... it might hurt your chances a bit at getting interviews at places that churn out a lot of academic mds (actually very few), but I'm assuming you're not that interested in staying in academics anyways...

anyone know how research oriented the chicago programs are? how did some applicants fair without research?