Know any virtual/online jobs for a med student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YasmineN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a med student in need of some serious funds. I live in the Midwest in a really small city and prefer work I can do from online as there's no bus service that comes here and I dont have a car. Even if its a few hours a week. Any ideas?

I have tried looking for things online but no luck so far. The problem is I cant do 20+ hours a week since I am studying for boards.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Something I am doing right now is online tutoring for tutor.com. They pay $9 a hour for your first 50 tutoring sessions. After that they pay $12 an hour. You only need to work a minimum of 5 hours a week.

I am a med student in need of some serious funds. I live in the Midwest in a really small city and prefer work I can do from online as there's no bus service that comes here and I dont have a car. Even if its a few hours a week. Any ideas?

I have tried looking for things online but no luck so far. The problem is I cant do 20+ hours a week since I am studying for boards.

Thanks.

Would you be interested in project-based research and writing? I'm a medical practice appraiser, currently conducting some independent research studies related to medical economics.

Members don't see this ad :)
To the OP, perhaps medical transcription would be something to look into...I dont know where you would start finding such things though...

To Chris, I dont mean to hijack the post, but Im interested....any more information please?

To the OP, perhaps medical transcription would be something to look into...I dont know where you would start finding such things though...

To Chris, I dont mean to hijack the post, but Im interested....any more information please?

no prob, i just sent you a message about this as well. it's less clinically oriented and more so focused on regulatory, economic, and legal aspects impacting particular medical specialties.

Would you be interested in project-based research and writing? I'm a medical practice appraiser, currently conducting some independent research studies related to medical economics.

Hi Chris,

I am interested in you're work aswel. I currently work part-time as well, but need something more whilst studying. I'd love some more information when you have a chance.

Thank you,

I’m not sure your specialty, But I am looking for psych residents interested in writing articles for an accredited publication. You can work from home, we have flexible deadlines, and we will pay $500.00 per article. These are on a variety of psychiatry topics. I just posted a site proving more information. Feel free to check that our or send me a message and we can chat regarding details.
Best,
Diana

www.theresidentscholar.com