GAP YEAR JOB OPPORTUNITY FOR FEMALE PRE-MED GRADUATES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fellow123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

SPEND A YEAR IN SUNNY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WHILE YOU PREPARE FOR MED/PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL!

🌴
🌴
🌞
🌴
🌴
🌴
🌞
🌴

Hi! I am a quadriplegic physician living in Orange County, California. I previously worked in inpatient medicine, but am now working from home to start my own private telemedicine practice. As a result of my disability, I am unable to use my hands and require assistance with my clinical work and daily nursing care. I have been hiring and training undergraduate students and recent graduates to assist me with these tasks throughout my medical training and early career.

Starting this summer, I will be offering four 12-month live-in assistant positions to female (or non-binary AFAB) pre-med/pre-health students taking a gap year before professional school. Each assistant would help me for an average of 30 hours per week, with the time split between day-time clinical shifts and morning/evening nursing shifts (no experience required; you would receive paid training when you start). Your compensation would include an individual or shared room in my home, a shared bathroom, access to the common areas and yard, and a monthly stipend (slightly larger for assistants choosing a shared room). There will be opportunities for the top candidates to meet with me and each other over Zoom before committing to this position.

I think this is a unique gap year opportunity for adventurous graduates looking to travel and explore a beautiful and diverse part of the country while also gaining two different types of healthcare experience in a relaxed environment: helping me with patient telemedicine work and also providing hands-on assistance with my nursing care. The reasonable number of working hours per week should also give ample opportunity for MCAT studying, interview trips, and leisure activities.

If interested, please email me at [email protected] and I will send you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!
👋
😊

Members don't see this ad.